What Shot to hit?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Andy Eh, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Andy Eh

Andy Eh Regular Member

It seems when i play these 2 players that me and my partner in mens foubles just cant win.

they play sides when they make a bad clear and front and back the rest of the time it seems they hit alot of shots high but every time i gotot smash they return and when i drop the person in the front lunges and returns with a tight net shot. The only way we get 8-12 points a game is when they keep smashing at us and me and my partner return easily then they mess up.

The highschool tourny is coming up and i dont want to rely on them messing up to win or lose is there any shots that can get points consistently?

2. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    when people play the front/back positions, try attacking the sides. smash at the doubles side lines, and try clearing alternately to the two back corners so one person constantly runs right and left.. or if you're good with net shots give the front person a drop on the right, then a drop on the left, and keep doing it until you tire him out :) hope this helps

3. FlamingJam

FlamingJam Regular Member

Research Student/PT Coach
    yep go for the side and then if you can drives into the 'back square' of the tramlines if its quick it shud be kinda behind them forcing a poor return hopefully for a smash or kill, its simialr tactics to wat i often use in mixed. Also if they are set in a certain position like front and back just try and vary the shots around and try and break it up moove the guy at the back into the net etc try and unsettle there game plan by changing wat u usually do

4. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

When they are in sides formation, play shots down the centre of them. You can get a lot of points if they don't know which of them should go for the shuttle.

If you can return their smashes easily, then when they are front and back, lift deep to the back and be patient.

play the percentages. don't try to go to close to the lines or the net.

5. Andy Eh

Andy Eh Regular Member

ty very much

actually ew played today and it was really lcose third game was 15-13 so im really getting ready to play them in the tourny