Raquets and strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Dsnotling, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Dsnotling

Dsnotling Regular Member

I got some equipment questions, first is a stringing question.
    I usually play with plastic/(nylon) shuttles and string my racket with about 20-21lbs with bg65.
    Im going to raise it to 22-23lbs but my problem is that they slack very fast, i play 1-2 times a week and after like 3 weeks they've lost 2-3lbs which is pretty annoying.
    I hit and smash hard so that can have something to do with it also but of what ive understood from reading, this is pretty common for this certain string that is loses tension.
    I think bg65 is a useable string but i would need something that doesnt lose tension so fast nor breaking once every second week, anyone got any tips?

Second one is, is there any list/site/thread that is pretty new and lists the equipment, preferable raquets that the pro's are using (top10 in single and double). I know yonex had on some of their sites a list before with some images of their sponsored players but i cant find it now.

2. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    at 20-21lbs i dont really see why the string should snap so often, because its such a low tension and BG 65 is one of the most durable strings yonex makes. as far as i know, BG 65 doesn't lose 2-3lb's of tension every 3 weeks, although it does lose more tension over time than other strings. you can really feel a huge difference between 20lb and 17lb.. its probably only losing 1lb of tension over a while. in my opinion maybe the problem is with your stringer.. change your stringer and see if your strings still lose tension or break so fast.. if all else fails try some other strings.. like BG 65Ti or something.. but i'm pretty sure most strings you find will not be as durable as BG 65

3. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

For plastic shuttles, try BG70Pro

4. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    is there a reason for BG70Pro for plastic shuttles? i'm interested to know too, because so far i've been playing with plastic shuttles with BG65, so i dont know too much about BG70Pro.. how is it different from 65, 65Ti, and 80?

5. Dsnotling

Dsnotling Regular Member

Well they dont snap so often, just wrote that cause i didnt need a suggestion on the most thin string out there, but maybe something that is close to bg65 or somewhere in the middle range.
    It might be because of the stringer, but they dont live on trees here ;).
    And mine actually lost at least 2lbs, the difference is pretty big.

6. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    well maybe 0.66mm might not last quite as long as you want, but 0.68mm isn't that bad.. if your string really really lost 2-3lb in that short a time, then:

1. your stringer is drunk when he strings your racket ;)
    and/or
    2. the string is fake :rolleyes:
    and/or
    3. you dont store your racket at the right temperatures/humidity

7. Dsnotling

Dsnotling Regular Member

That was a really useless answer, if those were the reasons i wouldnt have posted this thread, of course it can have been a bad string or something but the chance of that is so very small that it doesnt really help me anyway.
    I'll do as neil said and try the bg70pro, at least worth a try.

#7 Dsnotling, Apr 11, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  8. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    my apologies for the bad answer.. got a little carried away.. i guess :rolleyes: anyways, what those 3 really meant were:
    1. bad stringer
    2. bad strings (for whatever reason)
    3. bad storing conditions