Yonex Grip Band

Discussion in 'Grip' started by bluejeff, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Here is a little thing, but it is somewhat useful :)

Q: What is it?
    A: This is the grip band for Yonex rackets :)

Q: How to use it?
    A: Just put it on. It's a piece of plastic ring and it's very stretchy.

Q: What is it for?
    A: So you don't have to deal with sticky grip tape anymore, plus it will give you a bit more grip (because no tape will give you good grip; tapes are slippery).

Q: How long will it last?
    A: Pretty long, as this thing is just a grip band. You can take it off/on anytime you want. And it's quite durable, it won't wear off easily.

Q: Is it expensive?
    A: Nope. Each pack comes with 2 of them. A Pack is about $3 USD.

Q: Where can I buy it?
    A: As far as I know so far, this thing is only available in Japan only. (Don't ask me if I have any extra; I don't have any extras)

Attached Files:

2. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

too bad i grip up the shaft some ways...
    so even only 3cm of the supplied tape works wonders in securing the loose end :)

this elastic stuff is cool though, but it accumulates a lot of dirt under it, from what i've seen. :mad:

3. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Actually I have seen this grip band sold at the Yonex stores in Bangkok. By the way, I note that Victor rackets sold in Singapore come with similar grip bands with no additional costs.

4. HoustonRockets

HoustonRockets Regular Member

nice little thing to own

5. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    the mizuno racquet also had this rubber thing.
    but i don't really like it as i regard it to add at least a bit more weight than the grip tape to it... (most of you may think i'm nuts, coz the difference is negligible)

the whole thing feels kinda weird and out of place... meant to be for tennis racqs in the past and suddenly badminton is popularising this thing too...

6. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    Yonex is always late. Wilson has this stuff on tennis racket on 1993.

7. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    and it's soooo laughable... 3USD for 2 pieces of rubber.... to me, it sounds absurd as i wouldn't spend this kind of money for this kind of thing.

and precisely, if you grip your racquet all the way to the shaft or cone, this thing will be rendered useless.

in fact, i suppose the majority of us had seen this thing long before bluejeff or yonex introduced it...

grip tape, no matter how many shortcomings it possess, is still the cheapest method around, IMO.

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Yes, if you grip to the shaft, you wouldn't be able to use this thing, but guess what? You've just added more weights than this little thin band. :rolleyes:

This band was designed for people who grip to the regular position. So, if you don't like that, then you shouldn't even bother. It's a personal preference thing as you might like white strings only while others only like purple strings.

9. scchang

scchang Regular Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Somehow these rubber bands can be found in most tennis shops. The shape might be not as fit as the yonex one; however, it could still hold the overgrip.

-SC

10. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    Lol. Never seen these things before, but the first thing that could come to my mind are those thick rubber bands, like the kinds we use on lobster claws to keep them from pinching grocers! And those cost... well, the cost of a lobster, except you get to eat the lobster at least.:rolleyes:

11. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

[​IMG]

i can't help but to wonder, does it say BlueJeff on the grip?!?! :D

12. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    Could it be a BlueStar grip?

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Yes, it's BlueStar grip, as many badminton store owners know me already and they give me this kind of cheap grips free as always.

I still like Yonex A440T better :rolleyes:

14. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    woah, you are getting kinda defensive, aren't you, not receptive to opinions?

like what i said, these are just my opinions, and fyi, i grip most of my racquets to the bottom of the cone only...

it seems that you are pretty worked up just because someone posted a comment that somewhat counters your thread and and also because of your reputation in this forum that makes you overly-egoistical at times.

15. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    If you want to think it that way, that's up to you. As we all know words are emotional-less, you can't even tell what I am doing or thinking as of this moment, can you? :rolleyes:

I never put labels on people as you just did on me.

16. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Since what I am doing here is to write an review for an item, I am treating the subject fair and not to make anyone feel good or bad.

Personally, I think you might want to adjust your attitude on reviewing things. What's so "laughable" ? If you don't like it, then you can just say you don't like it and a reason for it. You don't have to make it sounds stupid or something like that.

As many people here know it already. I don't like any of the AT rackets at all. However, I have never say any negative thing on any AT rackets in any post because I know some people like it and I respect them for it. Especially, I would never say something is "laughable" as I know there is always someone out there like the design and treasure it their own.

17. tcstay

tcstay Regular Member

student
    by the way, the word 'laughable' is used to slap on yonex's pricing policy of the bands. if i guessed correctly, you thought that i'm referring to your view that the bands are reasonably-priced.

and for your info, i'm an arts student, and the word 'laughable' is commonly-used in all areas and justified in the usage. sounds 'stupid'? that's your own opinion and i respect that. see, you are making defensive comments again, by claiming that the word 'laughable' i'm using is stupid.

when you said that you're being fair to the subject matter, you made me recalled about the debate of the quality of the various distribution codes. being well-know in the forum doesn't mean that all your opinions and takes on matters are oh-so-correct. maybe you never realise that you arent' being that objective at times, but if you cannot take it, forget it then.

you are making people sound as if i'm the one who's not doing justice to the bands, showing disrespect to those who'll treasure the bands like their own. you are making judgments on others too, and swayed others' opinions, using your reputation.

you arent' that sensible either, aren't you? fancy forgetting that you are placing labels on others too.

18. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Dude, I never say I have something called "reputation", you are making your own assumptions at the very first place. Overall, I am just an old BC person, and if you want to call me "newbie" or "oldguy", that's up to you. However, you should justify yourself on at what place I say I am reputable. Can you find such a post or a thread? If you can't, then you probably own me an apology because I didn't do such a thing.

If I were you, I will be more careful on the word choice. I always try to avoid emotional words if possible.

On the Country Code thing again, I argued because no one here can clearly show any proofs on the subject. From mathematical point of view, we can not say A is B unless proven so, and I would stick to the rules based on that. I argued because people are trying to break the rule by saying something is such without any proofs.

19. MarkinJapan

MarkinJapan Regular Member

kouchou sensei!
    I think words are pretty closely tied to emotion in terms of the writer's discourse and reader's interpretation. Basic literary theory right?

anyway.....back to the topic.....
    I tried that grip thingy about a year ago and bluejeff is right about holding the racket high. I hold my racket very high and the grip thingy will slip.

20. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    It doesn't matter what you are because as you can imagine, not everyone here is in your field.

You are making an false assumption that, when people have their own opinions, they are making defensive comments. You might want to think about that again. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.