Japan Open SFinals Day

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Japan Open 2005' started by hcyong, Apr 8, 2005.

1. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    MS
    Lin Dan v Kenneth Jonassen
    Chen Hong v Taufik Hidayat
    I think Lin will beat Kenneth. If Chen Hong carries on his All-England winning form, only an on-fire Taufik can beat him. I don't think he's on fire. I predict another All-England final.

WS
    Zhang Ning v Wang Chen
    Xie Xingfang v Pi Hongyan
    I predict yet another All-England final.

MD
    Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng v Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen
    Jonas Rasmussen/Lars Paaske v Chandra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto
    Cai/Fu, from the All-England performance, will be no match for Jens/Martin. Likewise Jonas/Lars will be too sharp. The weak point for Chandra/Sigit will be Sigit, and Jonas/Lars will capitalise on that. Yet another All-England final.

WD
    Gao Ling/Huang Sui v Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen
    Wei Yili/Zhao Tingting v Kumiko Ogura/Reiko Shiota
    And another All-England final. However, Yang/Zhang will not be easy to handle. The top semi-final is virtually the final.

XD
    Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen v Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thungthongkam
    Jens Eriksen/Mette Schjoldager v Chen Qiqiu/Zhao Tingting
    No way of getting an All-England final here :) I have a feeling Xie/Zhang are the real thing here, and if that feeling is right, they will beat the Thais. I think it will be a Chinese v Danish final.

2. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

My prediction :

MS : LIN DAN VS TAUFIK HIDAYAT
    WS : Xie XingFang VS Zhang Ning
    MD : Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng VS Jonas Rasmussen/Lars Paaske
    WD : Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen VS Wei Yili/Zhao Tingting
    XD : Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen VS Chen Qiqiu/Zhao Tingting

#2 TKG2609, Apr 8, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  3. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    My predictions

MS
    Lin Dan v Kenneth Jonassen => Lin Dan
    Chen Hong v Taufik Hidayat => Taufik Hidayat, though I heard he is diminished by injuries, in which case Chen Hong will win (maybe a walkover?)

WS
    Zhang Ning v Wang Chen => Zhang Ning
    Xie Xingfang v Pi Hongyan => Xie Xingfang

MD
    Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng v Jens Eriksen/Martin Lundgaard Hansen => Cai/Fu
    Jonas Rasmussen/Lars Paaske v Chandra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto => Candra/Sigit, though this is a very tight one...

WD
    Gao Ling/Huang Sui v Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen => Gao/Huang (tight one)
    Wei Yili/Zhao Tingting v Kumiko Ogura/Reiko Shiota => Wei/Zhao

XD
    Xie Zhongbo/Zhang Yawen v Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thungthongkam => Sudket/Saralee
    Jens Eriksen/Mette Schjoldager v Chen Qiqiu/Zhao Tingting => Eriksen/Schjoldager

4. *~Taufik~*

*~Taufik~* Regular Member

Here's my hopefully-correct predictions...

MS
    Taufik vs. Lin Dan- with the outcome of Taufik winning! :D
    MD
    Cai/Fu vs. Candra/Sigit- with the latter clinching the gold

5. butterflyk

butterflyk Regular Member

I wouldn't bet on it.

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Eh? You signed up just to say this? Actually, it isn't entirely impossible. Taufik, especially, has a chance; depends on him really. As for Chandra/Sigit, you can never rule them out. But I wouldn't bet on it either :)

7. SteveStanley

SteveStanley Regular Member

Candra/Sigit are the slow starter, I notice that they play so many rubber sets since they got back together, sometimes even with less strong MD pairs. Perhaps this is just Sigit's style who likes to do pretty and magic shots. They have a good chance against JR/Paaske, it would be a good match.

So, no live score, no live streaming at Japan Open??? It sucks!!! :mad:

8. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Not many people tought he would in olympic...

9. Ben Beckman

Ben Beckman Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    chen hong vs taufik hidayat will be a good match but will taufik be sharp enough or fresh enough. he has injuries and his quarter final vs peter gade lasted 95 minutes with every game being tight. i think taufik will lose his edge which he will need to defend against chen hongs ultimate attacking game.

i reckon a close 1st game, then if chen wins 1st set and easy second set for chen. if taufik wins 1st then an easy 2nd set for chen hong n probably an easy 3rd set but maybe a bit closer than second.

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    although i like to see taufik vs LD, a match between taufik and CH will also be fierce and interesting, especially we know CH can beat LD as well. I only watched CH played a bit before (like 30 sec excerpt), when he's hot, his sharp and accurate smash is almost undefendable. Name of the game here is who will has the higher % of accurate smashes :) At athen, taufik beat shon after taufik had 'warmed' up and start launching accurate smashes (while shon's accuracy drop as game progresses)

#10 cooler, Apr 8, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  11. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Prediction

MS Semifinal

Lin VS KJ. Lin will win

Chen H VS Taufik. The record say it all. Chen Hong never beat Taufik even once. Thats why I predict that Chen Hong won't played the Sudirman Cup. Taufik will win except that his injury come back again.

WS Semifinal.

Zhang VS Wang. Zhang will win

Xie XF VS Oi HY. Xie will win.

MD Semifinal

Jens/Martin VS Cai/Fu. Cai/Fu win in 3 tough match.

Lars/Jonas VS Chandra/Sigit. If Chandra/Sigit still have the stamina they probably won in 3 set.

WD semifinal.

Yang/Zhang VS Gao/Huang. What a relief for Yang/Zhang that their teammates beat the Koreans. Whoever won will win in 3 tough sets.

Ogura/Shiota VS Wei/Zhao. Wei/Zhao will win.

XD semifinal.

Xie/Zhang VS Saralee/Sudket.

Xie/Zhang had to prove to people that Gao/Zhang didn’t deliberately lost in QF by beating the Thais. If they can manage that and enter the final, they mostly assure one place in World Championship.

Chen/Zhao VS Jens/Mette

What a surprise the Chinese won against Indonesian pair. Maybe another surprise by beating the Danes although I think the Danes will won in 3 sets.

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    MS: Chen Hong has it tough, if he wins, they will say that Taufik is injured, and if he loses, then taufik is superb. Personally I hope Chen Wins. Averages say the more time someone loses then the more chance they will win next time. If chen can just keep rallying and be accurate then he can win. Chen Hongs' problem against Taufik is that he knows he cannot let him attack, but he thinks the way to counter this is by attack, but Taufik defence strong so frustrates him. If Chen can move taufik to the corners, then Taufiks footwork will be exposed.

Lin has pressure as he lost to both the players he will meet if he wins, but Kenneth is the toughest type of player to play for Lin, good in defence, rally player and good flat play. Hope for KJ win, and think is possible.

WS: Zhang Vs Xie all the way

MD: Intresting clashes should be of the highest quality. Sigit/Candra finally beat Alven/Luluk (Seven you were wrong!), but JR/LP are equally as tough if not more so. Depends entirely on JR, if he can control the net like he can, then they will win, If not INA will take it easily.

WD:All china semi will be good quality as usual, but probably not excite onlookers. Who cares who wins, they will win final anyway!:)

XD: CHN pair need to show they are the ones to lookout for. Maybe they were lucky not to Meet ENG pair in second round, but you make your own luck. Not seen them play so can't comment on who would win feeling says CHN. Eriksen/Scholdager are consistent, though Eriksen is a bit clumsy now. CHN V DEN final

13. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Don't forget Taufik has a 6-0 record against Chen Hong. Chen Hong couldn't evn beat Taufik when Chen was #1 in the world. Can his momentum from AE Champion carry him to beat Taufik the first time?

As a badminton fan, I definitely want a Lin Dan - Taufik final, and hopefully can watch it from Han's DVD's.

14. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu

16. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Taufik does have a 6-0 all-time lead on Chen Hong but the first 3 of those victories came in 2000 or prior (5 years + ago) which does not say anything about the current play of the two players and the last 3 victories were all in the finals of Indonesian Opens. Who can beat Taufik on homeground anyway?

Tomorrow's match will be in a totally different setting and situation, with Chen Hong coming off an impressive AE victory and "on fire" somewhat and Taufik tired after an hour and a half marathon against PG.

Of course, the 0-6 record does place a lot of psychological stress on CH but if he does what he did in AE to beat an agressive-attacking Lin Dan then he can definitely do it tomorrow.

Go Chen Hong for JOpen gold!

17. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Taufik Vs Chen Hong, I have to see that!

Chen has been so impressive in AE. He is somewhow a better player right now even tough he never wins Taufik.

I don't know whats in Lin Dan's mind right now. I wonder if he prefers to have a revenge over Taufik or a revenge over Chen Hong who previously beat him in their last encounter.

Oh wait, he will play Vs Kenneth --- not a very easy match.

18. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    wow, we all worry about who'll win the match between ch and th, i think the other ms match seems to be forgotten:D
    now im asking u:
    can lin dan win over kj? have ld and kj met before?:confused:
    not that i underestimate lin dan but kj is a great player and tough to beat, everybody seems to be sure that lin dan WILL make it(i do too)

19. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    lol. If Lin Dan has his way, no one on the court can stop him (well the current crop of players) but if Kenneth shows the "I will fight on" attitude as he's always done, the match can go either way :D

20. kyiyu

kyiyu Regular Member

General Manager
    Japan Open 2005 Man Single Final

Just for the sake of badminton fan's interest, I will love to see the man single final as "Lindan vs Taufik" or "Jonnasson vs Chen Hong or Taukfik". But certainly not "Lindan vs Chen Hong".......;)