stencil logo?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by SWC_Ant, Apr 11, 2005.

1. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i dont know which section to post this in, but as it has to do with badminton i thought the general forum might suffice.

i was thinking the other day of using a Sharpie marker to draw a logo on my white badminton racket strings.. and after searching the forum, i didn't come up with a lot.. some people said that it might lower string lifespan, but whatever.

my question to you guys is: if you have a logo on your racket (besides the manufacturers' ones), what logo/design did you use? and even if you didn't have a logo/design on your racket, what would you use if you were to have one? (it has to be simple enough to resemble the picture if it were painted criss crossing strings)

the colors i'm working with are black, blue, red and green.. but i dont plan to use any more than 2 of those ;)

the only special one i saw before was one with someone's Chinese last name painted on.. it looked pretty cool

2. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

My friend and I painted our Last names on our racquets "Yip" but the problem was that it was TOO fancy.... so it was hard to see :p

3. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    I had a smiley face drawn on my strings once. its similar to something like :) :D :D

4. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    looks like there's many different things to put on your racket :D personally i haven't settled with anything yet... so any suggestions would be helpful for making my decision (i'm trusting people on the internet to give me advice on what to draw on my badminton racket :eek: :p ) if anybody has any pictures of cool designs or their own designs, feel free to post them up :)

5. ahhs_1980

ahhs_1980 Regular Member

Student
    don't put any logos on the string!!!! lol it will kill all the birdies with the color you are using. the logo may seem cool, but once u start hitting the birds with it... :mad:

6. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    true.. but i'm going to trust Sharpie this time ;) :D still haven't decided what to draw though :(

7. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

colour everywhere but the sweetspot, and then see how much comes off on the shuttles :p

8. Jan_BE

Jan_BE Regular Member

IT Support Desk
    I've been thinking about this too, but i don't know what paint/spray to use.
    Any advice?

9. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    haha but how do i know where the sweetspot is exactly? :p

10. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i'm going to try sharpie marker.. will report on how well it works, after i figure out what i will draw :)

11. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    update:

just now, i printed out a yonex stencil card, and drew in with a sharpie marker onto my AT800DE. it looked great. i was going to do another design, but since i couldn't think one up, and i am considering restringing my racket (strings too tight for plastic shuttles) anyway, i just used the yonex design.

i'll report on how the Shapie marker preforms tomorrow. unfortunately, tomorrow's session will be the training session with my coach.. hopefully he wont be mad at me if i make all his feather birdies go pink :p :D :eek:

12. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    here are the pictures i took of my colored strings :D

lol i just realised i'm going Yonex-crazy :eek: Yonex racket, yonex strings, yonex logo, yonex grip, yonex bag, yonex birdies.. all i need now is yonex shoes and water bottle, and im all set :D

Attached Files:

13. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Does permanant marker come off on to the birdie?

14. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    gonna find out tmr.. hopefully my coach wont be mad at me if his birdies go all pink :rolleyes:

15. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Great, report back with your findings. =)

I want to draw in my last name on the strings now. It'll be so fun. Lol.

Or even draw in a pair of evil eyes.

16. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Regular Member

According to USRSA manuals, the Pilot Super Colour Marker is safe to use on strings (i.e., doesn't deteriorate them).

From my own experience, the Pilot's ink doesn't show on shuttles as much compared to stencil ink. But, as someone else's commented, it doesn't appear as bright compared to stencil ink. But, you do have more options for colours.

17. Shimotakimas

Shimotakimas Regular Member

haha i had an idea about stencils last night. It would be cool to have like a weapon on your string cause your racket is like your weapon. It can either be the tip of a sword or like draw a black line(extending from your shaft) and then some red line/feather things and a diamonish blade at the end. It would look like an old chinese spear or something ^_^ You would use red sharpie for the feathers, a silver sharpie for the blade, and a sharpie for the shaft of the weapon depending on what color the shaft of your racket is. anymore ideas?

18. samkec

samkec Regular Member

was thinking of drawing a bear paw on mine :D

19. Big Slick

Big Slick Regular Member

I'm thinking of buying a cheap racket, then putting "choke" on my strings in decent size letters, then when I'm playing a friendly game of doubles and the opposition gets to 14, I can go get my racket, then receive serve right in their face, holding my racket up so they can clearly read it lol :D

20. birdieman

birdieman Regular Member

i saw someone with a dragon on their strings. it's probably the best one that i've seen. the other popular ones are the chinese characters on the strings.