Damaged AT800 DE, what now?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by herviam, Apr 12, 2005.

1. herviam

herviam Regular Member

I am probably the most pissed off I have ever been. A few of you who have read my threads and know that I purchased a supposedly fake AT800 DE off of ebay. I got a notice from the post office to pick it up yesterday. Today I went to the postal office to pick it up. During the drive back to school for badminton practice where I would discuss with other members the authenticity of the racquet, I was opening the package. The next few moments consisted of me filling the car with profanities. The racquet was indeed fake, the paint job was all wrong, PLUS!, the racquet was broken at the shaft. I am in a predicament, I have no idea what to do. I can't certainly get a refund because the racquet is broken. I can't get money from the courier company because apparently there is no insurance. In fact, I dont have a clue in the world what to do right now. So overview of my crap ass day. I bought a racquet that was fake and damaged with no insurance and i'm screwed. Can anyone help me?

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u can ask for the seller to send u a new one if he's kind enough.
    it depends on how much he valued his account and how much he made off ya.
    if broken in transit, it's really the carrier's fault but u didnt bot insurance so your case is quite hopeless against the carrier

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    No insurance bought & broken racket & fake racket.
    Man, you have put yourself in a very tough situation, and I can only wish you "good luck next time".

4. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    well, look on the bright side:

you'd feel a whole lot worse if your racket was real, right? =)

5. wazzzzaaaas

wazzzzaaaas Regular Member

not really.. i assume he paid a REAL price.. lol

6. DSAS6

DSAS6 Regular Member

Student
    oh that sucks big ... anyways ... my friends and I bought 3 rackets of ebay MP99, 800 OF and 800 DE. Obviously they were fake since we pay like ... 1/3 of the price. It's been a few months now and so far ... the 800 DE is holding up fine, the MP99 cracked a bit at the cone under stress but i contained that with electric tape lol. I can't say too much about the 800 OF because i didn't get to use it much... i broke the strings during the first 45 min that i play with it lol. Anyways ... ours look amazing ... just like the real thing. Guess you just got it from a bad dealer