Import Duties from HK to US

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by kokotea, Apr 13, 2005.

1. kokotea

kokotea Regular Member

student
    I am planning to buy a La Fleche 500 racquet from Luxis.:) How much will the import duties cost (HK to US)? Does anybody purchase racquets online from HK before?:confused:

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I purchased badminton racquets from Singapore before, and there was no duty cost. I doubt if it will be add if it is from Hong Kong unless your racquet is very expensive like thousands of dollars.

3. Javalina

Javalina Regular Member

student
    I have bought racquets from Taiwan and never got charged for duty. If you do have to pay duty, you can ask the store owner to reduce the invoice total thus you get charged for less duty. However, I think as long as you are not buying like 100 racquets at once you should not get charged for duty.

4. maypf

maypf Regular Member

auto
    never use UPS

avoid use UPS, UPS parcel usually have to pay duty, sometime the brokage fee is much more than the duty.
    if u request seller to lower the value of the item for the duty purpose. once the item is damage, u can only claim the face value that u declare on the parcel, not the original value.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have had badminton items shipped from overseas and i was never taxed. technically they can tax you, but if the quantity is small and if you declare it as gift, they are usually not strict about it.

however, as mentioned, you must make sure that the packaging is done properly. we have heard various stories about racket getting damaged during shipping. so be extra careful there and request good packaging.

6. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    I just got my Yonex bag from Luxis sports online and I bad to pay custom duty. Maybe it is different when shipped from HK to the USA?