bad days~

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by GTO-demon, Apr 13, 2005.

1. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    what do you guys do.. when there's one day that it seems that you can't hit the sweet spot of your racquet and you often hit the rim... and it seems that you have no power in you...~ what would you guys do on these bad days??

2. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Take a drink, and watch people play for a while :D

3. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    I would cry because all my rackets seem to be so fragile. In less than a year, all of my rackets have broken because I hit the rims a few times. I'm onto my fifth racket right now and just hoping it doesn't break anymore. It's really annoying because I spend over $100 on them and they break within weeks of proper usage.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is just like life. there are good days when you feel like you are on top of the world, and there are bad days when even the tiny mosquitos and their cousins wants a piece of you.

relax, drink some water or energy drink, make sure you are well hydrated. take it slow and do some drills. i have found 1/2 court front<->rear court footwork drills and light smashes (or fast drops) drills are most effective in finding the timing and sweetspot again.

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Did you get enough rest? Did you have a wholesome meal three hours before baddie? Are you too-stressed out from work, family issues and studies :) ?

6. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    me, i'm inconsistant soo i'll have great amazing games, followed by the most horrible games ever. Usually i'd sit off for a long while, watch the others play, study em, take drinks of water and stretch and bak to playing good games

7. GTO-demon

GTO-demon Regular Member

student
    woah... great replys LOL.. .. like willl you guys change racquets?? like use a racquet with a bigger surface??

8. GunBlade008

Student, Retail.
    I personally play with AT700 religiously. Nothing else will do no matter how badly I suck. I play with it more to become more compatible with the racquet and I find that if I'm switching back and fourth between racquets, it throws the feeling of the racquets off. However, this is just me, you can try it if you want to.

9. ahhs_1980

ahhs_1980 Regular Member

Student
    btw gto, u play starcraft? i remember seeing someone with the name gto-demon:confused:

10. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Today I played my friend who always have been beating me... I always lose to him at around 15-4...

But today I've been doing well and I got 10 and he got 9, then he started catching up to 14-10... I was losing hope since it was game point. I WAS winning and he caught up all the way back to the point where I'm gonna lose. So I turned around, took a deeeeeeeep breath... And played my best.

In the end I lost to him by 1 :p

11. GunBlade008

Student, Retail.
    Wow, great improvement, lol. good job.

12. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    today was horrible for me :( when i slept last night my body was lying on my right arm.. and today i couldn't lift my arm much :crying: i was playing with a few buddies as usual, and my back hand shots were 95% gone, and i had to rely on forearm and wrist power on my forehand. my clear was barely acceptable. what should i do if this happend on game day? anyone experienced this? :confused:

13. MarkinJapan

MarkinJapan Regular Member

kouchou sensei!
    i think this is near perfect advice for an off day. If this doesn't work, head home and resign yourself to coming out stronger next time.