User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Weight loss recommondation please

    Hi,

    I am require a little advise on what diet i should take,

    I am 31 yrs old, 5.8", medium built, from india,
    I have started to play badminton from last 8 months initialy it to raise
    my fitness level i used to play two sets with people from out society ,now i would like to say i have become addicted to play badminton and play atlest 5 to 6 sets daily.

    I am becoming worried as i have started to lose my weight ( around 6 kgs in last 8 months) is it because of excessive playing.

    But i dont feel much physical strain , or never feel like drained.

    In my diet i usually eat vegitables, some times non veg which includes chicken.

    Do i need to worry for my weight loss,as i am not suffering from any other disease.

    Or do i need to change my diet habbits to gain more energy?

    regards

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bay area
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nah, i dont think you gotta worry. Losing that much weight is ok as long as its not sudden like in 3 weeks or something, and as long as you feel fine. If you feel fine, then youre fine. If you start having dizzy spells or something, just make sure youre hydrated and drink lots of liquids. Occasionally drink some gatorade or something that has electrolytes in it, it'll help you recover faster. If you want to gain more energy just make sure youre eating enough potassium, zinc, iron, and calcium. You can google the kinda foods that have those nutrients. Dont take vitamin supplements though, its better if u get it naturally from foods. Plus zinc supplements can cause u constipation...thats what i read when i researched it anyway.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Cannock, UK
    Posts
    2,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaustubh
    I am becoming worried as i have started to lose my weight ( around 6 kgs in last 8 months) is it because of excessive playing.
    It's hard to say.
    What weight are you now?

    If you are less than 57kg it might be something for you to be concerned about, based only on BMI, which is only a general indicator.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Nicholls
    It's hard to say.
    What weight are you now?

    If you are less than 57kg it might be something for you to be concerned about, based only on BMI, which is only a general indicator.

    I was around 72 kg bfr 8 months, now i am around 67-68 kg.


    Thanks

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Thanks,

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
    Nah, i dont think you gotta worry. Losing that much weight is ok as long as its not sudden like in 3 weeks or something, and as long as you feel fine. If you feel fine, then youre fine. If you start having dizzy spells or something, just make sure youre hydrated and drink lots of liquids. Occasionally drink some gatorade or something that has electrolytes in it, it'll help you recover faster. If you want to gain more energy just make sure youre eating enough potassium, zinc, iron, and calcium. You can google the kinda foods that have those nutrients. Dont take vitamin supplements though, its better if u get it naturally from foods. Plus zinc supplements can cause u constipation...thats what i read when i researched it anyway.

    It was a gradual decrease, Thanks for your comment , it helped me a lot.

    Regards

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    wow you're 1 lucky guy ..... I've played badminton for 1 and a half years and i have yet to lose even a single kg ...... maybe its due to the fact that i ate a lot ...... oh by the way i weigh 95kg

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol. all i know is that having badminton as part of my daily life style surely helped me tone my arms and back.. =D .. juss in time for my graduation =D.. so i wouldnt be too surprised to be losing weight juss as long it doesnt go below the regular body mass thats vaguely set for a certain height. =/

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaustubh
    I was around 72 kg bfr 8 months, now i am around 67-68 kg.


    Thanks
    67 kg for a 5'8" is very healthy and well within your BMI, not even considered underweight yet

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    India
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink

    Thanks for your comments

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    2,096
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are losing weight because you are expending more energy, but not eating more to accomodate. To maintain your current weight or else restore your original weight, you need to eat a little more to compensate.

Similar Threads

  1. tension loss
    By pompey in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 28
    : 10-17-2011, 11:54 PM
  2. 15% loss
    By Swingbadabada in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 18
    : 07-31-2009, 10:39 AM
  3. Tension loss
    By airsteins in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 11
    : 10-02-2008, 08:31 AM
  4. Has anyone gone beyond the recommondation for the MP100 3U?
    By MusclePower100 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 14
    : 03-21-2004, 08:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •