User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Leg training question

I am currently doing leg strength training by myself. However I dont have time to do it for an hour straight...if I break the training into 3 sessions each day, will the result be the same as doing for an hour straight? And does this concept also apply for other trainings as well? Sorry for my bad english...and thanks in advance for answering...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KLFreedom View Post
    I am currently doing leg strength training by myself. However I dont have time to do it for an hour straight...if I break the training into 3 sessions each day, will the result be the same as doing for an hour straight? And does this concept also apply for other trainings as well? Sorry for my bad english...and thanks in advance for answering...
    normally if u do an hour of strength training on yr leg, you need rest interval and unless i know what u do i can tell you more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your training just legs and by yourself why do you need an hour?

Free standing squats 4 sets of 10-12 reps at a comfortable weight for you.
    Leg press 4 sets of 10-12 reps at comfortable weight for you.
    Calf raises 4 sets of 15-20 with or without added weights. Up to you.

you can leave it at that or throw in another excersise its tottaly up to you. You could even drop the sets to 3 for each excersise depending on how strong you are.

I can do that in under 30 minutes. If your taking an hour your resting for too long in between sets and inbetween excersises and in the end your training is not as intense as it should be.

max rest between sets should be around 1 minute. Normally my rest is adding weights or changing weights on the machine or the barbell then i jump straight back into the next set.

Breaking your training up into 3 sessions over the day wont really achieve anything. Your muscles would have fatigued a bit with the resting periods in between sessions. WHich in the end means you wont have full strength or be able to push as hard as you should. If you keep it in the one session, minimize resting periods and breaks and train intensely your results will sky rocket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bradmyster View Post
    if your training just legs and by yourself why do you need an hour?

Free standing squats 4 sets of 10-12 reps at a comfortable weight for you.
    Leg press 4 sets of 10-12 reps at comfortable weight for you.
    Calf raises 4 sets of 15-20 with or without added weights. Up to you.

you can leave it at that or throw in another excersise its tottaly up to you. You could even drop the sets to 3 for each excersise depending on how strong you are.

I can do that in under 30 minutes. If your taking an hour your resting for too long in between sets and inbetween excersises and in the end your training is not as intense as it should be.

max rest between sets should be around 1 minute. Normally my rest is adding weights or changing weights on the machine or the barbell then i jump straight back into the next set.

Breaking your training up into 3 sessions over the day wont really achieve anything. Your muscles would have fatigued a bit with the resting periods in between sessions. WHich in the end means you wont have full strength or be able to push as hard as you should. If you keep it in the one session, minimize resting periods and breaks and train intensely your results will sky rocket.
    Bradmyster,

Can you explain in details what are those training that you have mentioned? I dont have access to gym, i usually do my own training at home...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradmyster,

Can you explain in details what are those training that you have mentioned? I dont have access to gym, i usually do my own training at home...
    then you have to tell us what is your training style before anybody can answer/help you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pBmMalaysia View Post
    then you have to tell us what is your training style before anybody can answer/help you.
    Sorry for late reply, my modem down 2 days ago...

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I lean my back against the wall and bend my knees to 90 degree, just like sitting on a chair, for 1 minute, and rest for 30 seconds. Five times each session.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Another training is that I lift a leg straight, just a ballet dancer, put a hand against the wall for balance, and lift my whole body weight using another leg, 30 times. And switch to another leg. Five sets each session.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Again, sorry for my bad english...[/FONT]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Sorry for late reply, my modem down 2 days ago...

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I lean my back against the wall and bend my knees to 90 degree, just like sitting on a chair, for 1 minute, and rest for 30 seconds. Five times each session.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Another training is that I lift a leg straight, just a ballet dancer, put a hand against the wall for balance, and lift my whole body weight using another leg, 30 times. And switch to another leg. Five sets each session.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Again, sorry for my bad english...[/FONT]
    no wonder you can't complete the whole one hour session!

suggest u go gym find an instructor and tell him which muscle you want to develop n u carry on from there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no wonder you can't complete the whole one hour session!

suggest u go gym find an instructor and tell him which muscle you want to develop n u carry on from there...
    Then what is the answer? Can I develop my leg strength by continuing my 3 session training? Or do I have to do it in 1 go to get my desired result?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont want go to gym because need to pay fees...I want to save money...still a student...
    Last edited by KLFreedom; 12-20-2009 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I dont want go to gym because need to pay fees...I want to save money...still a student...
    then u do some research and do your own. also try to finish one session a day and 2 to 3 sessions per week, splitting the session into morning & afternoon on strength training for legs is not advisable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then u do some research and do your own. also try to finish one session a day and 2 to 3 sessions per week, splitting the session into morning & afternoon on strength training for legs is not advisable!
    Thanks for your advice...

Usually I split training into 3 sessions each day, if i want to do it in 1 go, how much sets I have to do? I afraid overdoing it will injure myself...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Thanks for your advice...

Usually I split training into 3 sessions each day, if i want to do it in 1 go, how much sets I have to do? I afraid overdoing it will injure myself...
    normally for weight or strength training you have to find your own 1 repetition maximum ... you can take a look here http://www.brianmac.co.uk/index.htm

and if you are referring to your method of training i would have no idea but definitely you can't do any resistance or strength training 3 sessions a day - you are killing your muscle, take care of them and they will take care of you! it's alive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

normally for weight or strength training you have to find your own 1 repetition maximum ... you can take a look here http://www.brianmac.co.uk/index.htm

and if you are referring to your method of training i would have no idea but definitely you can't do any resistance or strength training 3 sessions a day - you are killing your muscle, take care of them and they will take care of you! it's alive!
    Cool...
    BTW. pBmMalaysia, which city you are staying? If I have the chance to visit your town, maybe we can play badminton...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am from kuching. u study in kl now and u are from sibu?

u can check out this site - 39 courts in kuching;

http://www.pbmtrainingcenter.com/Hom...-sports-center

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am from kuching. u study in kl now and u are from sibu?

u can check out this site - 39 courts in kuching;

http://www.pbmtrainingcenter.com/Hom...-sports-center
    No, I graduated and now working in Sibu. I will contact you when I have the chance to go to Kuching...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink coming to kuching

No, I graduated and now working in Sibu. I will contact you when I have the chance to go to Kuching...
    you are welcome, just plan ahead!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, do you know any plyometric training for forearm? Improve to my forearm explosive power...and any good exercise to improve forearm pronation and supination?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast