Where to buy decent feather shuttlecocks?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Somboa, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Somboa

Somboa Regular Member

Hey guys, just wondering is there an online/warehouse/bulk place that sells decent quality (better than practise but not tournament) feather shuttlecocks?

The club I play in use plastic birds. Most of the members seem to be open to the idea of switching and in a recent tournament I entered, the feel of the feather birds is better (especially drop shots!).

The show stopper, however, will be the price of the shuttlecocks itself.

So where do you guys buy your shuttlecocks from? It typically goes for about $18-25cdn/dozen here. Wouldn't mind buying in bulk if it saves money.

Thanks.

2. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    try contacting the victor/other rep directly perhaps if you will be buying a large amount of birds for a club - my old club in victoria, bc was able to buy them for about 30% off retail prices when they purchased them in very large quantities.

also there's yo's sports that has the IBF approved high-end "sealion" birds where you can just buy 10 tubes for $180 (which at least is the bottom of your price range).

but unfortunately good birds really do cost money, and the cheapest you'll ever even find mediocre birds is about $13/tube.

Good luck with the search though and let us know how it goes :)

3. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

I can get you Victor's bird for 20$CAD$tx (23$ to be exact) each tubes
    I'm from Montreal

4. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    you can get birds from taiwan ;) i believe http://www.mattshop.com.tw sells badminton equipment for taiwanese prices, but you will have to pay for shipping.. if you buy it in huge bulks maybe it will be worth it

yonex AS-20 there is $12 CAD/dozen, and AS-50 is $18CAD/dozen .. you will have to contact them about shipipng prices though :) hope it helps

p.s. sorry i keep telling people to buy from taiwan.. i just like the cheap price there (maybe not as cheap as some other places, but much cheaper compared to NA)

5. frendies

frendies Regular Member

medical
  6. baddymania

baddymania New Member

Lending Consultant
    For the club organiser who are using victor shuttle in a bulk, this is the email address for victor supplier & manufacture in Germany:

Andreas Sievers = sievers@victor-sport.de
    Jan Beutler = beutler@victor-sport.de

So, if your location is in Canada, I guess they will give the beter deal as shipping cost can be reduced, as the distance not as far as to Australia.