Hi..Need recommendation for a badminton racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by shutterbox, Apr 15, 2005.

1. shutterbox

shutterbox Regular Member

Currently using carbonex9(the one with the T-joint). Is this a head heavy racket?

Tot of getting another racket w/o T-joint to see how it plays. i play once in a week or 2. trying to play more often though..

Can recommend me a racket? Been reading abit and seems like the MP33 sounds reasonbly good for a beginner player. Budget is less then $100(hopefully in the $80 range). I have no preferences for brands.

I play tennis too(btw) and not sure if i need to provide more information for u folks to advise me. :)

thanks.

2. Cengsc

Cengsc Regular Member

Administrative..
    Re

HI,

not sure u r interest in other brands.
    i can recommend u yonex cab 8200.
    My frend keep on saying that is a gd racket.
    it is a light head with no joint.
    Price is abt the $70 - $80.
    i have tried his racket, not bad for begineer.

ceng

3. HoustonRockets

HoustonRockets Regular Member

yonex carbonex 30

cost around 110 usd

very powerful, worth your money.......;)

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Recommending a Cab 30 to a beginner that plays once a week or once a fortnight is not what I call sound advice! :eek:

The MP33 you suggested, or the Cab 8200 somebody else suggested, are probably better choices for you.

But really, why change? Don't you like it, or is it just because it's old? Or are you just tired of hearing comments about old gear? If the frame of your old Cab 9 is intact, you should consider sticking with it! It is definitely one of the classic Yonex models, some still hold it to be Yonex' best racquet ever. Spend a few bucks on getting it restrung properly and it'll feel like new.
    :)

#4 Mag, Apr 15, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  5. cslong

cslong Regular Member

technician
    Hey, thats a good racket, isit a aluminum frame with carbon graphite shaft?
    i miss that kind of rackets since school days.Very very durable. Too bad i lost mine long long ago.

6. shutterbox

shutterbox Regular Member

Hi Mag,

Thanks for ur advice.

Reason why i wanna get another racket is to have a feel of a modern built-in T-joint racket. Can also consider it as getting a spare racket so that whoever im playing with doesnt have a racket, Iv got an extra one.

In you opinion, would a MP33 be adequate?

Saw in local papers there are sales going on. Carbonex21 Special is selling in my budget. And there is Cab 8400,cab 8n, ISO 65LT(I suppose these are all builtin T-joint rackets) for sale too. Are these good buy?