User Tag List

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Gollum have you found you tension yet ? What you playing with now ?

I have went from 19lbs prestrung rackets about 2 years ago, to 26lbs NS9900 and 25lbs Victor SW35, both with VS850 string. I seem to be handeling them both fine, not sure about durability yet, hopefully it will last me 6+ weeks at 26lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im newbie, juz started to play badminton 2 months ago. I would like to ask for suitable tension for apacs tantrum 200 for beginer like me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newbie85 View Post
    Im newbie, juz started to play badminton 2 months ago. I would like to ask for suitable tension for apacs tantrum 200 for beginer like me.
    Welcome to the community!

First of all, what have you been playing with? Do you have experience with stringers (the person) and string tension and type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    Welcome to the community!

First of all, what have you been playing with? Do you have experience with stringers (the person) and string tension and type?

Im playing with apacs hot fusion 7770 and apac nano 900 with 23-25 lbs. I juz start playing badminton and not very close with the stringers haha..

what type of string and pressure shall I put on my new tantrum 200?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John_badm View Post
    the last thing you said probably make sens, arc-z slash is recomended to be strung to a maximum of 25ibs....
    Generally, stronger players should play with extra stiff rackets, and therefore they should probably play with higher tensions as well since their swings are faster. The entire racket, string, and string tension must be in sync to get the best play out of that combination.

With regards to the z slash, the recommended tension is simply something Yonex puts for warranty purposes. Their rackets can be strung at higher tensions, but then the risk of breaking becomes higher and thus replacing them would cost more too. If you string a racket within their recommended tension and you somehow break the racket (not from clashing, but just from a normal shot), then you are eligible for a free replacement. If you compare the z slash max recommended tension of 25lbs to that of other Yonex rackets, you'll find that it's slightly higher. For instance, the Armortec 900s say 22-24lbs. This is simply a result of newer technology enabling the frame to withstand slightly more force, therefore Yonex is comfortable in increasing the max recommended tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i started playing last year. i underwent constant training and i play at least 3 times a week, for a minimum of 3 hours per session. i can say that after a year, im an advanced beginner. i started at Class E in a local club, now i play under Class B. i play doubles and i mostly smash and place shots. defense is ok but i find it weak compared to my offense. i'm using RSL millenium heat 9500 with gamma supreme control grip. i tried stringing it at 25 lbs using BG66. at first, the repulsion and feel felt great. after 5 days of stringing and the feel upon impact of the shuttlecock feels brittle. i cant explain it quite well since im not a pro like you guys but i just feel that my shots are dry and brittle. those are the two words that best describe it. it doesnt feel like a new string. it feels like the string that was strung at high tensions and left in the closet for a month.

i just have three questions:

1) is the combination of medium flex (near stiff), slightly head-heavy, BG66 at 25lbs optimum for an attacking/controlled shots advanced beginner player?

2) is the string supposed to feel brittle after a week? or is it due to other factors like improper tension, wrong post-game care of the racket or changing weather conditions (here in the philippines, the weather changes from hot to rainy and cold)

3) would the experts here propose a better combination of string and string tension for my game?

its been 4 months since im in the dilemma of finding the balance of racket, grip, string and tension. i'm just lack string and tension. i need expert advice on this since most of the people im playing with are fanatics of high tensions meaning they all play at 26 lbs or higher but i can beat some of them which means that tension is definitely not everything.

hope to hear from the pros.

thanks.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm definitely not a pro, since I've only played for 7 months now (4 times a week), but what you described sounded like normal tension loss. Most strings tend to lose tension in the first week (dont know if that applies to the BG66), and I've had the same problem before when a nicely strung racket suddenly lost power and feeling - the tension reduced by ~2lbs. Now that I play with a BG80, the tension is pretty stable, so I dont have that problem anymore.
    My advice would be to either a) try a different string (that doesnt lose much tension, e.g. the BG80) or b) restring the racket with 1-2lbs more, that way the tension will be too high initially, but will drop to 25 in about a week. If you trained hard in the last year, the tension seems fine to me, by the way - I string my singles rackets @22-25 and my less head-heavy doubles rackets @23-26, and I dont have problems with that. Depends on your skills and technique, my coach is a really good player but is fine with ~19-20lbs since he wont break more than 2 strings a year that way....or even less. If I play with those tension, my control is gone, and my smashes lack power. So its really a personal thing that you need to experiment with a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good story. I have a racket, which is old and there's no more decals, just plain black colour, and I have no idea how much the tension is. It's my mother who brought the racket to a stringer, and I have no idea about the tension which the racket was strung at. And in fact, I was just a small kid who knows nothing about these string tensions before, but I think it maybe from 23-28lbs. I wonder how can I figure out the string tension?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a rule of thumb: How old is the racket? If one of the older generation of metal (T-joint) the tension is surely not over 20 or 22. The old carbon rackets sport a max of 24lbs. A reliable string bed tension tester for badminton has yet to be invented.Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newbie85 View Post
    hi bro, i am using tantrum 200 as well. in malaysia melaka.
    well, my suggestion to u is to try tension below 25. between 22-24 i guess.
    that should be fine. i myself just strung bg85 at 26lbs (new ecp machine)
    i tested it today and i find it different. i am going to test it further to know whether its right for me or not.
    will probably try bg80 or vs850 in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is 26lbs with bg 80 on arc saber 10 good? Would it be good for smashing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -SYC- View Post
    Is 26lbs with bg 80 on arc saber 10 good? Would it be good for smashing?
    Personally for a combination of this string and racquet, for all purposes including good smashing, I would use 31 or 32lbs ECP.

Now can you relate what my personal taste has to do with the FIRST OPENING POST (have you read it by the way)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So 26lbs would not be high enough? And yes i have read it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So 26lbs would not be high enough? And yes i have read it
    What is your normal tension anyway. Have you tried higher tensions before? Can you not relate your situation to the moral of the story?

If you want the shortest answer; Good Luck trying the new string tension then, assuming that you can handle what I suggested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had 25lb with n95, but it doesn't really smash hard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had 25lb with n95, but it doesn't really smash hard
    Go ahead and try BG80 at 26lbs then. Once you have played a lot with the new tension, look back at the first opening post and refrain.

Your maximum tension tolerance is the point just below where you start to think that the new tension you are now using is starting to exhaust you on every full court clear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

? So if the tension is high its harder to clear? I thought it was easier.......
    Should i just stay with my n95? and not string?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast