User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it the higher the string tension the more powerful shot u will have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold- View Post
    is it the higher the string tension the more powerful shot u will have?
    If you are able to flex the string then higher tension will give you more power. If you cannot then lower tension will give you more power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me...I string my head-heavy racquets like armortecs at 21,22lbs or so...with even balance racquets like MPs I go around 23,24lbs..and for headlight racquets like Ti-10 I usually go 25,26lbs...I also base the string tension on the flexibility of the shaft...if its a stiff shaft...i usually go with a lower tension...having an AS-10 or NS9000X at a high tension requires a high level of control...so yeah...that's just my two cents...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I think You needlessly risk injury, when you could achieve the same result, or better, by disciplined practice. I also think that your idea is not so good so don't think about that and try this one.

Stella

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, i'm a high beginner player, wats the best tension for Ti-10 3rd gen racquet? i plan to have it strung with bg66 @ 22lbs...is it ok? i have read that Extra stiff rackets should be strung at lower tensions, is it true? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can easily string a ti-10 to 30 pounds.
    I would say that 22 pounds sounds good for you,
    but if you want more durability go with bg-65.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, im a lower end intermediate player with an AT250 (3U-G3) and i've had the racket for a couple months now and i've noticed that the strings are much looser and starting to fray so im in the market looking for a new string. However, im not sure of the tension i should have put on it because i dont know what the stock tension was (between 20-25 lbs.) though i realize now that i am more of a deffensive player i was hoping someone could reccomend a good string and tension?

P.S. i wouldn't mind something that could help my smash either :P

Thanks a million,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chances are it was strung at 18-20 pounds. any string will do, try BG65, 80, 85.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice! I do like the sound of the high repulsion power of the BG80/85 but im still not sure of the tension. Being a slightly more defensive player looking to improve on offence a bit would a higher tension affect my control much? Sorry for all the noob questions haha and thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nednil15 View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I do like the sound of the high repulsion power of the BG80/85 but im still not sure of the tension. Being a slightly more defensive player looking to improve on offence a bit would a higher tension affect my control much? Sorry for all the noob questions haha and thanks again!
    np. a rule of thumb is, higher tension= more control, lower= more power. However, it is better seen as the fact that if you can flex the strings at a high tension, you will gain more power from it. Chances are going up in tension will increase your power and control a bit. 22-24 pounds is a good bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allow me to give a place to refer:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200710280....my/String.htm

these may answer some of the common questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nednil15 View Post
    Hey, im a lower end intermediate player with an AT250 (3U-G3) and i've had the racket for a couple months now and i've noticed that the strings are much looser and starting to fray so im in the market looking for a new string. However, im not sure of the tension i should have put on it because i dont know what the stock tension was (between 20-25 lbs.) though i realize now that i am more of a deffensive player i was hoping someone could reccomend a good string and tension?

P.S. i wouldn't mind something that could help my smash either :P

Thanks a million,
    Recommendation : Yonex BG66 start with 23 lbs, these will give power to your smash, maybe lose a bit on control but these takes skill to amend.
    The string may last 2 months if you find your control is still great, then stick to this setting, find the same guy who did this, restring with BG66 again.

If your hitting is not to target quiet often, same string but 24 lbs. increase a pound until you've feel you have the same power the next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hve a question that normally stringers tell me that they can only string upto 24lbs is it true that special kind of machines r required to string at high tensions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hve a question that normally stringers tell me that they can only string upto 24lbs is it true that special kind of machines r required to string at high tensions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default String Tension

Quote Originally Posted by thefantasy100 View Post
    String tension is a relative thing. It depends on the humidity, weather temperature, and air pressure, and of course the strength of your opponents.

In Denmark, the norm is 16 lbs. In Canada, the norm is 18 lbs in winter and 24 in summer. Here in Canada, if you string to 27 lbs in the winter, you are rarely able to drive the bird 44 feet from end to end! When your opponents hit hard, you need a higher tension for better control. When you are a weaker player, you need a lower tension to drive deeper to the rear of the court.

That's why the shuttle itself has a speed rating from #76 (slower shuttle for temp 30 C) to #80 (extremelt fast for temp 10 C).

#77 - 25C
    #78 - 20C
    #79 - 15C

If you want better power and control, try a 0.68mm or 0.66mm string. Gosen's Alan and Susi special 0.66mm 22GA is my favourite string.
    Last edited by quintessence; 01-26-2010 at 02:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jughead Jones View Post
    Hi, i'm a high beginner player, wats the best tension for Ti-10 3rd gen racquet? i plan to have it strung with bg66 @ 22lbs...is it ok? i have read that Extra stiff rackets should be strung at lower tensions, is it true? Thanks!
    the last thing you said probably make sens, arc-z slash is recomended to be strung to a maximum of 25ibs....

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast