pain in my right arm

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by aznxdotcom, Apr 16, 2005.

1. aznxdotcom

aznxdotcom Regular Member

well, im a high school sophomore, and im about 5'8 at 140 pounds..

for about the past week and a half, ive had sharp pains in my right arm near the tricep area. This pain last for about 10 seconds and comes every 5 minutes to maybe a couple hours.. Also when i am done playing a game, it feels as if my arm has no energy and i can barely hold my racquet..ive been on the badminton team since february, and have been training for the past few months..

can anybody help diaginose this pain?

#1 aznxdotcom, Apr 16, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  2. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    I think what you need a a couple days of rest? I think your overworking your arm. Is your form correct?

3. ahhs_1980

ahhs_1980 Regular Member

Student
    Before i was using an isometric 75 mf, then i bought a muscle power 100, on my first game with it (which i lost) my elbow started to feel like a bruise, is this because im not use to it, or its too heavy for my arm, since the isometric 75 is really light

4. aznxdotcom

rite now, im using yonex ti-7 or something like that.. my form is correct, but i might be over doing my practice.. i pretty much practice from 3-6 six times a week.. =/, ill just go ask the school's medical trainer

5. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    You said it yourself, playing 3-6 times is somewhat over working it. Are you playing every other day or consecutively? Rest is very important for badminton. I suggest you take a couple of days off until your pain goes away. Avoid taking pain killers.

6. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    why is that? when i went to the doctor she recommended me ice, rest, and Advil (painkiller).. i rested for 3 days from back pain, and now i feel much better

7. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    I read somewhere that it's best to let the muscle sore/pain go away naturally. If you take pain killers, it takes longer for the pain to go away.

8. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    This is a very common occurance among many of my friends who play badminton including myself. It's really if you overwork yourself or when you have a new racquet that gets you pumped to smash more lol.

Suggestion: Rest like everyone else has said. When I mean rest, I mean don't play ANY badminton for at least 3 days. Also, don't do any practice swings either during those 3 days even the shadow swings when you're pretending to have a racquet in your hand. You gotta resist the temptation!! :)

9. aznxdotcom

well i havent play since maybe fri, and now its monday... i feel better, hehe, the reason might be cause i just used that new racquet my friend let me borrow cause my other one was bad.. thanks everyone for the tips

10. ironchef

ironchef Regular Member

your doctor probably means anti-inflammatory medicine...such as advil. Advil will block the pain yes, but it also reduced inflammation of tendons and muscles. However, you should'nt take an advil and then play, because you might injure something without knowing it, since pain would be deadened.

11. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    yea, thats what my doctor told me about my back pain.. except i didn't know how to fully translate from chinese to english :p i dont think she told me not to take advil before you play though.. i'm not sure haha.. anyways, the pain is gone now, so its all good :D (p.s. i only took advil on the first day, two pills, and rested for another 2 days)

12. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Advil is just one brand out of about twenty nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) called ibuprofen. These NSAID drugs relieve pain and inflammation, more effective in the former and less so in the latter because of low dosage. Although it is a NSAID, which means you can buy them over-the-counter, there are possible side effects. For first-timers it is wise to have a doctor to prescribe. It can cause gastrointestinal bleeding, ulcers, and perforation.

13. aznxdotcom

how about tylonol?

14. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    ok yesterday i slept with my body over my right arm, so it was numb all yesterday and i could barely lift it. today it was a lot better, but hurt a little when i played badminton. then my coach was making us to pushups.. and now i cant even lift my right arm :crying: i guess i'll hafta rest for a day or 2... again.. right after i got my new racket too.. now i'll never get used to it :crying:

15. lkomarci

lkomarci Regular Member

oh man i hate it when that happens. sometimes it gets so numb i can't feel a thing, it's like DEAD for real. then i grasp it and start rubbing it and shaking. it acts like a ragdoll for the first several seconds, then when i can feel my fingers i start to rotate it like a windmill. awful it is man

16. Slater

Slater Regular Member

pain killers causes gastric and bad for your kidneys. the best is to rest and let it heal. unless you say you're a pro player and your job requires you to be on the court

17. DarrenHart

DarrenHart Regular Member

Researcher
    Tylenol is basically a branded version of Paracetamol.

Unlike the NSAID group paracetamol has no anti-inflamatory effects so would not be as useful in these cases as things like ibruprofen are mainly prescribed for their anti-inflamatory effects rather than their pain killing effects.

18. d35990

d35990 Regular Member

I hurt my right arm too, but it was my shoulder though. It still hurts since ive been on the team since february. I am a freshman in high school. I put on ointment for muscle and joint pain. It works for a few days and it come back but weaker. :p

19. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

be careful of shoulder injury.. some takes a very long time to heal.. some might feel the pain after every playing session.. important thing is use the correct technique when play and warm up properly.. :)

20. d35990

d35990 Regular Member

Thnx for the tip. :D