Do you have an anger problem?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Dave18, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Really, every where I play, I see at least one person who as an anger issue. Whether they miss a shot or can't return a shot, they get frustrated. I can't stand watching a person yell at their partner for doing something wrong. You play badminton as a pair and try to win and have fun at the same time, not to put eachother down and lose. Some people, I see them throw their racquets around on the floor and curse out in frustration. Lol.

For me, I am as calm as it gets. But if you yell at me, be prepared to be lashed out at. Lol. I never get mad at anyone unless the person is not giving any effort. I try to encourage my partner to win, I never discourage anyone.

Are you a person who gets mad like that? Be honest now.

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Well I remember this one dude (random partnering in competition) that got ROYALLY pissed at me. He walked to the back court wall and power drove the shuttle into the wall. I basically threw the game away after that. :(

-dave

3. slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123 Regular Member

Improving what little skills I have
    I don't have a problem, but I do throw my racket when I miss a shot (usually an easy shot). It's not really throwing it either, it's just dropping the racket on the floor without any force at all. I do it to say OMG!!!!! I missed the shot!!!!!!! :crying:

#3 slvrdrgn123, Apr 16, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  4. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

i've once seen someoneget soo pissed that he banged his brand new AT700 on the ground 3 times and hucked it against the wall... But of course he had some sort of insurance or somthing and got a new one :rolleyes:

5. alma66

alma66 Regular Member

Student
    i have a serious anger issue. i recently played in an australiasian tournament and i wasnt playing that well and i became very well not happy lol. I never take my anger out if my partner has made an error etc....i only take it out on myself when ive screwed up such as an error, i could have won that etc.

I really need to work on it, as next year i am aiming for an australia u17 ranking.

People tell me never to show emotion on the court, whilst others tell me some people dont have enough.

I would be in the catorgery of 'too much' at the moment, but i have been working on my temper.

6. ErrBerr

ErrBerr Regular Member

Student
    I'd say that I'm pretty calm on the court.. I like to be seen as the 'cool' player.. If I make a mistake, I don't let it get to me.. I just forget about it and get on with the next rally and work off the mistake that I made..

At my club.. All the guys in Pennant (my section).. I can honestly say that no-one has an anger problem.. Everyone encourages each other and stuff so I reckon that's pretty cool.. :D

7. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    well i dont have an anger problem and i dont know many people that do, i do admit that i can get a lil fustrated with myself when i miss a shot( an easy shot) but i dont go lashing out on anybody i just keep it to myself. when my partner makes a mistake that doesent bother me at all, i dont mind and the same happens when i make a mistake. i have however seen this one chick on my school team and holy she is crazy, she yells so much at her mixed partner i cant believe it and im surprised he still playes with her. i remember that once she was just going crazy on him and she was actually turning red from yelling, thats when my partner just smashed the shuttle right at her and well it shut her up for a while lol. if i had a partner like that i would probally just tell them off as they were yelling at me and just quit the game rather than play with them.

8. F-Man

F-Man Regular Member

Student
    Re-channel your anger guys. When I get angry, I ony play better! Sometimes, my coach wishes that I would get angry more often!

9. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Badminton is a game that requires controlled agression, when you get angry you get tense and your shots don't always come off properly.

So in most instances don't get angry or tense it is detrimental to your game.

However being emotional on court is another topic for another thread :eek:

10. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Well on court I laugh everything off!! It's just a game after all. No use trying to beat yourself up when you have the opponent to beat :p.

Now offcourt is a different thing, my team was cheated of the interhouse champions title in school last year, cause the others ganged up on us..... that was the only time I got pissed offcourt... and boy did the words fly out :p

11. ah tat

ah tat Regular Member

student
    hmmm i guess nathan robertson has anger problem..

12. jcl49

jcl49 Regular Member

I am not John McEnroe, but have been known to smack oneself with the racquet. Basically, I broke two racquet like that. One on the leg and one on the shoe. After that, I learnt that it was just too costly (financially) to have rage. Now I am better (as I use a cab20 which is virtually indestructable :D)!

13. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    I seem to have an anger issue, but I almost never yell at my partner. I'll just give him/her advice and go back to playing the game. But, if I mess up, you'll know that I'm mad. I can't take the idea of me being the one screwing up to lose the game for myself or especially my partner.

14. floriina

floriina Regular Member

i have a huge anger problem but i never have and never will yell at my partner. i usually just start cursing and at one of our tournaments and swore really loud and the refree heard me and i was in crap. but teacher/coach also heard me, but he doesn't really care.

15. tinkerbella122

tinkerbella122 Regular Member

Student
    I don't think I have an anger problem and I would definately not yell my partner . I guess I'm one of those stone-like people . No matter what happens on court , I'm emotionless and I never get angry at myself ...:)