User Tag List

Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Horizontal frame length of your MP99?

    I know this is a very silly question, but if you have an MP99, could you please go measure your the widest horizontal part of your frame?

    Mine's measure exactly 14.5 cm, and some people say my frame is too narrow possibly due to the 26 lb tension. I just want to confirm with others.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can u just post a pic of it? we could be able to tell if the head is ok or not if we can see it right?

    by the way i'm sorry, i broke my mp 99 like a month ago, i can't help u at that.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave18
    I know this is a very silly question, but if you have an MP99, could you please go measure your the widest horizontal part of your frame?

    Mine's measure exactly 14.5 cm, and some people say my frame is too narrow possibly due to the 26 lb tension. I just want to confirm with others.

    Thanks.
    i think u should remeasure ur again

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    14.5cm? That's impossible. I think you need to measure it again.
    My MP99 is about 20cm. (19.X cm)

    (PS: 14.5cm is just like my hand size)

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh boy, lol, I typed the wrong number and didn't see.

    It's 19.5 cm exactly, so I guess it isn't that narrow.

    Thanks guys.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave18
    Oh boy, lol, I typed the wrong number and didn't see.

    It's 19.5 cm exactly, so I guess it isn't that narrow.

    Thanks guys.
    should be 19.7 to 19.8 i think

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    should be 19.7 to 19.8 i think
    Do you believe that the 24 x 26 tension could have narrowed down my frame by .2/.3 mm?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave18
    Do you believe that the 24 x 26 tension could have narrowed down my frame by .2/.3 mm?
    yes and no.
    i had said before that stringer skill matter.
    one can distort a racket at less than 20 lbs

    at 24x26 lbs, distorting +/- 0.2-0.3 cm is easy if not careful. From what i've observed, it is very common.
    Last edited by cooler; 04-17-2005 at 02:47 AM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I wouldn't worry about it unless it's obvious distortion (or more than 5mm). However, the better stringjob is done, the less distortion there will be.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Richmond, BC; Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    would the 2~3mm be dangerous to the well being of the racket?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    would the 2~3mm be dangerous to the well being of the racket?
    yes and no

    depends on lotta things
    - + or -
    - at what tension

    usually not at <24 lbs. but if u clash wif a similar grade racket that was strung by a better stringer (no distortioin), u'll be on the loser end more than 50% of the time.
    Last edited by cooler; 04-17-2005 at 04:09 AM.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    usually not at <24 lbs. but if u clash wif a similar grade racket that was strung by a better stringer (no distortioin), u'll be on the loser end more than 50% of the time.
    Lol, I had like 4 racquet clashes at 24x26 lb with lower grade racquets, and thank god it did not break. Only paint chip, but the chip makes me .

    Let's say that the strings break and I cut it properly, will the frame re-adjust itself to it's original shape? Lol.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Richmond, BC; Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave18
    Lol, I had like 4 racquet clashes at 24x26 lb with lower grade racquets, and thank god it did not break. Only paint chip, but the chip makes me .

    Let's say that the strings break and I cut it properly, will the frame re-adjust itself to it's original shape? Lol.
    how do u "cut it properly"?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    how do u "cut it properly"?
    Cut with scissors in small snips from inside outward. More of a triangular snip to avoid any detortion.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Richmond, BC; Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave18
    Cut with scissors in small snips from inside outward. More of a triangular snip to avoid any detortion.
    im confused.. r u supposed to cut the center of the stringbed first??

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    im confused.. r u supposed to cut the center of the stringbed first??
    That's how i do it, not sure about others.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    6,527
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    im confused.. r u supposed to cut the center of the stringbed first??
    Yes, and there is a sound reason for it. Cutting the centre first will ensure that there are still buffer tensioned strings around the racquet to act as breakers that will release pent-up tension gradually. If you cut the string on the side, the stress will be one-sided.

Similar Threads

  1. Oversized Frame vs Isometric Frame - Pros & Cons
    By shinn in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 2
    : 08-01-2011, 12:20 PM
  2. Service with horizontal racket
    By somesimple in forum Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating
    Replies: 5
    : 05-05-2011, 03:46 AM
  3. Horizontal x Cross
    By Jinky in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 6
    : 05-07-2007, 06:09 AM
  4. Is MP33 standard length or "long" like MP99?
    By Fusion_M8 in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 2
    : 08-26-2004, 07:11 AM
  5. MP99 Ultimum Ti frame, why?
    By jsunsun in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 6
    : 07-09-2004, 08:19 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •