User Tag List

Page 106 of 158 FirstFirst ... 6 56 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,802 of 2679
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On top of the head they are. It's the difference between a NS9900 and a AT900 (or even AT700), basically.
    And it's definitely possible (and really not that hard) to put on athletic tape the way CL and LD do it (and WZM, sometimes) without cutting - I've done it several times. Remember, it's athletic tape, not lead. You start by putting it on top of the frame (so that the grommets stay free) and then push it down around the frame.

3 layers are a whole lot of a difference.
    Remember that these guys don't do it to turn their racket into sth completely different but rather give it just a little extra oomph and fine tune it for each arena (by adding/removing single layers depending on how quick/slow the arena is).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    Some of you guys have good pics on the tape, and it do look like athletic tape for Fischer, but not for the CHN players. And with the thickness CL puts, it does not make much sense. If he was to apply lead tape, a small layer of 5cm on each side would be enough to get the same effect.
    Moreover, look the way Fischer puts the tape : on top of the frame, over the grommets. This is easy. But if you do like CL or LD, and put the tape on the side of the frame, the curve of the frame makes it awkward. You have to constantly cut the tape to adjust because the tape is of course straigth.
    The pics of CL's racquet is not clear enough, but it looks a bit like something that has already the shape of the racquet, or can be bended.
    3 grams are not that much, j4ckie.
    Yes the application of tape would be quite time consuming and meticulous, biut it can be done. The chinese way of application is to ensure they would not need to remove the tape during restringing and stick it back after stringing. It would be less of a hassle this way.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm almost tempted to try a NR800 and add some more head weight to it....but then I think to myself why not then just get a VT80?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Any badminton fans can give a update on Lee Yong dae :

What racket he using now BS LYD, BS LYD N, BS 12 or BS 12N ?

Thanks

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I'm almost tempted to try a NR800 and add some more head weight to it....but then I think to myself why not then just get a VT80?
    The NR800 can transform into a Vt-80 with some tape but the Vt-80 can't do the same without adding more weight overall

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And another one is Xu Chen , what racket he is using , can update ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around my corner, lead tape is sold in strips of 5 grams. I did put one on top of my Victor MX60 4U and did get a BP of around 305 (the original is ~295), with the weight of a 3U. I did the same with my Arc 8dx.
    It is easy to cut the lead tape in small parts so to remove or add some in relation to the conditions ans feeling of a player.
    I don't see the advantages of the athletic tape, the whole thing seems absurd to me.
    That is why I thought And I still think of some devices like the one on the new Adidas racket, some rubber mass fitted on the frame.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well when you reach Chen Long's level you can tell him how ridiculous his setup is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And he uses 3u or 4u?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The racquet only comes in 3u so it would have to be custom to be a 4u

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4u rackets too light for me !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Well when you reach Chen Long's level you can tell him how ridiculous his setup is
    If I knew what his setup was! Or if you knew, for that matters!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renbo View Post
    If I knew what his setup was! Or if you knew, for that matters!
    *matter

Watch Lin Dan's 2010 WC match against Hurskainen. Watch what he applies in a break, and tell me what kind of tape that is.
    I admit that I have no idea what racket he actually uses (for all I know, it might be a repainted Wilson - not that I care). I'm damn sure though that Chen Long and Lin Dan use athletic tape and not lead.
    Someone already provided you with a photo proving that. Your refusal to accept that suggests you're not here to actually get an answer but to convince all others your opinion is right...
    Anyhow, if you're actually interested in an objective answer, watch the mentioned video.

EDIT: Here it is. Skip to 11:09 to see him putting on the tape.
    Last edited by j4ckie; 04-29-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all, don't take it personaly. I don't find it rational, that's it. But I am also certain it is not lead tape.
    The thing is, if these players use athletic tape, there must be a reason, and I would like to know which so I would perhaps also uses it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does indeed look like athletic tape.
    But I enjoy participation on the conversations on this forum, I am not here to convince anyone of anything, and certainly not of something as futile as the nature of a tape, so I would appreciate you keep your assumptions for yourself regarding my motivations and make an effort in beleiving that having differences of opinion is not wrong.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's because the lower density allows for a more equal distribution of the weight. If you were to apply the same weight as, say, 3 layers of athl. tape in lead tape, you would have to cut it into many small pieces and space them apart to get a similar distribution as you do with the athletic tape.
    Personally, I can't think of another reason - I agree that it is quicker to apply a small piece of lead tape. I don't do either, as I can't really see how that's better than just picking a slightly head heavier racket, but if I had to, I'd probably choose lead tape as I play Braveswords and the athletic tape pretty much ruins any aerodynamic design of the frame.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes sense for the distribution of the weight. I personnaly like the weight to be at 12 o'clock, but I know some like it to be on the whole upper half.