User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How long will my VT5 last?

Hi, I just bought me a new VT5 and now I'm wondering how long the strings (BG65@23lbs) and the racket itself will last until they break.
    I am beginner/intermediate level, what means I usually play 2x2 hours/week, with plastic shuttles, and still hit the frame pretty often.
    When I bought the string I hoped it will last (probably) forever, am I right? And can I even crash the racket when misshitting, even at low tensions like that?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The strings will last somewhere between one stroke and forever...

Usually factory strings at low tensions last very long for beginners. With plastic shuttles, it doesn't really matter. They feel dead anyway. Not suited for serious badminton...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BG65 is probably not the factory string for VT5; more something like BG55 or worse ... (edit: from his other post it was BG3 and he had it re-strung already)
    But yeah it can last for a long while (not forever) and the racket as well (unless you clash with your doubles partner or the floor or mishit on a hard swing and you are unlucky to hit just the wrong spot).
    Eventually the string will wear down where it is hit the most (in the center) but it can also break when you hit it just below the top of the racket and you are unlucky. If you want you can use it for a couple of years but you can also 'treat' yourself to a re-string once a year and choose a new colour .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the racket will last pretty much forever. the string might last you six months at that tension and frequency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had some serious 3 or 4 clashes..still it survives ..have strung BG68ti @24

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's impossible to answer your questions. The string should last 3-6 month. Not longer. But I promise it will break.
    Your racket is a different thing. It can last forever or can break tomorrow. It depends how you treat it and how you clash with your partner. Normally a singles racket will last longer. IMO a lifespan of a doublesracket is 1-2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, impossible to answer your questions, i've been playing badminton for couple of years (5-6 i guess??) Never broke a racquet. Lent one to my very trusted friend, it broke the following day ( i lost words for it)

anyway, Voltric 5 is apparently a very strong racquet, i had several clashes in a couple of months. Its still survived till now. Hundreds of mishits (i re-painted the racquet last week )

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, several clashes is very generic. Every clash is like a car accident. Sometimes you will only have a scratch or a dent or it will be a total loss. Nobody can predict.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every clash is like a car accident. Sometimes you will only have a scratch or a dent or it will be a total loss. Nobody can predict.