User Tag List

Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 48 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,650 to 1,666 of 2507
  1. #1650
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,113
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Either you're just joking around or you have not been following world badminton. He DOES have power. It's just that he uses it rarely as he can't afford to get countered with Boe's defense being the big bright target it is....when he has the opportunity he can go past 250 no problem.
    Before the VT70, he used the NS9900, btw, which isn't head heavy either, and before that, he was sponsored by Head (and they had no head heavy racket in their line-up at all).
    So while your idea does have some merit, I actually believe he uses whatever racket he appears to be using.
    Btw, I'm really no fan of BoMo so no need to suspect blind fanboy-ism here
    lol yeah you're partly right in that I don't follow BoMo as closely as their fans as I don't like their on court demeanor... but that's another story.

    I have seen them play quite a lot though, live and on the net/TV... and I stand by my view that Mo does not possess outstanding power. What he does have is incredible angle and placement.

    That's not to say he is weak, not by any measure. But it is not up there with the big hitters. As we all know, 10kph difference can be all that is needed to make a difference when it comes to power smashing. And he is normally at least 10kph off the tournament's fastest.

    But as I say, although he used an NS9900 or any othe headlight racquet, we really cannot be sure it is the same as what us mere mortals are getting. For all we know, it could be a completely different racquet?

    And yes it works both ways, it could be that he has always perferred headlight/even balance racquets and that the VT70 he used before was actually a headlight racquet in VT70 disguise.

  2. #1651
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    lol yeah you're partly right in that I don't follow BoMo as closely as their fans as I don't like their on court demeanor... but that's another story.

    I have seen them play quite a lot though, live and on the net/TV... and I stand by my view that Mo does not possess outstanding power. What he does have is incredible angle and placement.

    That's not to say he is weak, not by any measure. But it is not up there with the big hitters. As we all know, 10kph difference can be all that is needed to make a difference when it comes to power smashing. And he is normally at least 10kph off the tournament's fastest.

    But as I say, although he used an NS9900 or any othe headlight racquet, we really cannot be sure it is the same as what us mere mortals are getting. For all we know, it could be a completely different racquet?

    And yes it works both ways, it could be that he has always perferred headlight/even balance racquets and that the VT70 he used before was actually a headlight racquet in VT70 disguise.
    When Fu Haifeng's competing only Jung/Ko come close, so that's not really a fair comparison And as I said, it's not often he gets an opportunity to let loose and just smash with all he's got. Against most of the Asian pairs a good angle and placement are much more effective as they're used to fast smashes but stand rather deep in court, and the Danes' game is all about setting each other up and keeping the attack. Faster shots have a higher risk of counter-attack.

    Anyhow, I don't believe CM used re-painted rackets. Matthias Boe was openly using an AT900P even after the discontinuation of the Armortec line, so it'd make more sense to re-paint that first (using old rackets doesn't promote their new stuff, so it's a rather rare occurence. Also, even pro players are just mortals who like to have new stuff from time to time )

  3. #1652
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a head light dosent meant you cant produce a great smash. if it is a 3u racket it still mo powerful than a 6U or 5U racket

  4. #1653
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please see this thread : http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...nd-2012-Photos

    We could see a lot of new racket from Indonesian Player
    Ahsan uses Arc FB
    Hendra uses NR800
    Kido uses Li Ning N90II !!

  5. #1654
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Additional info :

    Ahsan : Arc FB
    Hendra : NR800
    Kido : N90II
    Firda : N90II
    Taufik : Arc 11
    Towi : BS 12N
    Butet : BS 12L ( Maybe,seems it is like a new racket from Victor )

  6. #1655
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Photo I've seen of Liliyana is the standard blue Bs12...it's in the thread @Rocker referred to.

  7. #1656
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Photo I've seen of Liliyana is the standard blue Bs12...it's in the thread @Rocker referred to.
    Thanks for the correction.

  8. #1657
    Regular Member KB@TB Em's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    752
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Indonesians who wear and play with victor (rackets) look way better than before imo.
    Which shoes do Tantowi and Lilyiana wear? (sry a bit of topic)

  9. #1658
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KB@TB Em View Post
    The Indonesians who wear and play with victor (rackets) look way better than before imo.
    Which shoes do Tantowi and Lilyiana wear? (sry a bit of topic)
    Check out this thread :
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...Victor-SH-A850

  10. #1659
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Guys, what Apacs racket did Tan Bin Shen use?

  11. #1660
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    352
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From the video I downloaded from Youtube, I saw that Lilyana uses white and blue Victor racket. The cosmetic looks like Yonex VT60. Dominant white, with some blue color on it

  12. #1661
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Axelson using Adidas equipment in All England 2013
    Name:  20130306-1745-CN2Q8611-639x492.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  72.7 KBName:  20130306-1737-CN2Q8585-639x492.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  54.3 KB
    Morgenson using ARC FB and Boe using VT80/ VT80 coloured raquetName:  20130307-2204-CN2Q1268-639x492.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  82.9 KBName:  20130307-2139-CN2Q1213-639x492.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  62.3 KB

  13. Likes justinloong liked this post
  14. #1662
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert.Sa View Post
    Morgenson using ARC FB and Boe using VT80/ VT80 coloured raquetName:  20130307-2204-CN2Q1268-639x492.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  82.9 KBName:  20130307-2139-CN2Q1213-639x492.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  62.3 KB
    Wondered if Boe will use the Peter Gade version anytime soon?

  15. #1663
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    405
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Additional info :

    Ahsan : Arc FB
    Hendra : NR800
    Kido : N90II
    Firda : N90II
    Taufik : Arc 11
    Towi : BS 12N
    Butet : BS 12L ( Maybe,seems it is like a new racket from Victor )
    Wow. Kido uses the N90II???

  16. #1664
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    M'sia KL
    Posts
    339
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Guys, what Apacs racket did Tan Bin Shen use?
    If not mistaken, it should be Apacs Tantrum 200

  17. #1665
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My local Yonex dealer told me LCW was going to change to the Arc FB later on sometime....
    Anyone got any info on this?
    I've seen him still using the VtZF in All England still
    BTW i like the shoesName:  20130307-1902-CN2Q0829-1-639x492.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  77.2 KB

  18. #1666
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,940
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Light racket being used by MS player like bro LCW. It is very hard to believe, but nothing is impossible though. I hope it is not happening.

Similar Threads

  1. Professional Players going Professional
    By chris-ccc in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 58
    : 09-30-2013, 08:04 PM
  2. --> Pictures of professional players
    By KB@TB Em in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 4
    : 04-05-2012, 11:59 PM
  3. Heights of professional players
    By Javalina in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 34
    : 11-01-2006, 10:46 AM
  4. Professional players and their racquets
    By quik_silver in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 07-05-2005, 06:46 PM
  5. Ex-professional players and jobs
    By HoNgHoNg in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 92
    : 04-25-2005, 01:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •