User Tag List

Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to the Gosen catalogue, Wang Chen is using the new Aermet WPP 3500, but actually she is still using BR2500(red).

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Yodums
    Yep mod.

I'm surprised that there are no Gosen racquets whatsoever.
    Couldn't find the full information. If you can find out what other players use, we'd be much obliged if you can put it down. That goes for Forza, Gosen, Victor, Winex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Rackets that world class players use

Does anyone know what rackets (brand, model, string tension, etc) some of the top players (eg world top ten men and women players in both singles and doubles) use?

I guess if I use the same rackets then I can only ever blame my skill and never the equipment again!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pierre,

As you may guess, Yonex is the biggest brand that the elites use. Here is another thread that answers your question: Players and Their Rackets.

Welcome to the forum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Players and the racquets

I'm deeply surprised that the top players don't opt for the top-range racquets? I mean, who would prefer a Yonex mp77 to an mp100, unless they are paid specifically to use that model?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there an "official" Yonex web site as far as their rackets is concern? It seems that their Korean site (http://www.yonex.co.kr) has info on the biggest range (but nothing on armortec) but unfortunately I can't read Korean. The Japanese and US/Canada sites show only very limited range.

Does Yonex try to market/promote different models in different countries?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Players and the racquets

Originally posted by armortec user
    I'm deeply surprised that the top players don't opt for the top-range racquets? I mean, who would prefer a Yonex mp77 to an mp100, unless they are paid specifically to use that model?

Was a discussion about this earlier and it could be to promote their sales but as well benefit their game. No one is going to use an MP77 and play poorly with it just for small cash difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*bump

Thought I would bump the thread, to keep up to date with the players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, what are the updates? Most elite still use Ti-10 or moved to Mp99??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mia audina is not using winex.....or was that list from before she started using winex?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

(moved off-topic discussion on yellow rackets to:

http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sho...threadid=13936

)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the recently completed TC/UC Asian zone round, I had the opportunity to observe, and to discuss with, the Yonex stringers on site and offsite. I notice that the players were actually taking advantage of the free stringing by cutting their still good strings and then passing their racquets to Yonex for a free restring.
    The stringing operation was essentially geared for speed. The 2 stringers told me they average just 5 minutes stringing each racquet. They use 2 knot stringing with just one string. They have a team of about 5 assistants just to weave the main and cross strings before passing them over to the stringers. Despite what they told me that some players requested 4 knot-2 string stringing, I have not seen a single case of this. It is all one string, 2 knot method, for sheer speed in stringing as many racquets as possible. Sometimes, in their haste, the strings just snap and their average 5mins per racquet slips a little.
    Almost 90% of the racquets that were strung by Yonex on site were almost all MP99 and MP100, with a few AT700. There were a few Carbonex racquets. There were of course no Gosen racquets, as the lady in the Yonex team rightly said only Yonex racquets were accepted.
    I did notice that the racquets that were being strung by Yonex, mainly MP99, MP100 and AT700 were in line with the racquets the players were using, except for the Malaysian players (Roslin uses Yonex and Wong Choon Han has a disguised Yonex)
    The tension was anything from 27lbs to 32lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did you ask how much tension the stringer would put onto the cross of MP-99, MP-100 and AT-700? The main tension is easy to figure out. For example, if the player wants 32 lbs, then all 22 mains are tensioned to 32 lbs. What about the cross strings? Ohhhh wait, did you mention one string - two knots method? The cross tension must be the same as the main then. Also, what types of stringing machine is it? Is it hand crank? How much support & cushioning is in the head and throat mount?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stringing machines did look old. They were exactly the same type used in almost all Malaysian sporting shops, from Kuala Terangganu to Seremban to Kuala Lumpur. They have only two clamps/supports, one top at the head and one bottom at the throat. They use a spring-loaded tensioner crank, with a gliding string clamp and a floating one.
    Each racquet that was strung came with the player's tension and other preferences written on a sheet of paper. The stringers followed the instructions on the sheet of paper. They would string both mains and cross with the same 30lbs if the player so requested. They would also string the mains 30lbs and the cross 31lbs or 32lbs if so instructed. They did mention that almost all strung racquets will be cut and restrung again after a short period of time.
    However, the stringers did tell me that they string both 2-knot (one string) and 4-knot (2 strings), but I never saw one string job that was done with 4-knots (2 strings); and I was there for 7 days, morning and night. The 5 assistants who weaved the mains and cross strings in one go probably wouldn't want to weave the 2 strings separately as it would really slow down the operation. Sometimes, the assistants weaved the strings incorrectly and the stringer had to waste precious time re-weaving the strings before stringing and tensioninig.
    The Koreans did make very good use of the free stringing service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

taneepak, thanks for confirming my previous assessment and i havent been to any star rated tournaments before.
    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/sho...s&pagenumber=2

peter lsd, most pros do know their stuffs but in 99% of the time, speed of job overrides any other techniques. Worst yet is that they like the speed method so much they rarely go back to the fundamental basics which are more time consuming.
    I doubt the racquets would go back in shape at 30+ lbs tension using 2-anchor points machine. PT? 4 points stringing? not overlapping string at grommets?... phhhffff LOL with exception iof Mr Keen who uses mold(s).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE

Lin Dan - MP99
    Chen Hong now uses - MP99
    Taufik Hidayat - AT700
    Gong Ruina - AT700
    Ra Kyung Min - MP100
    Peter Gade - MP88
    Mia Audina - MP88
    Cai Yun - Ti10
    Fu HaiFeng - Ti10
    Sigit Budiarto - Cab20tour? /AT800DF
    Anders Boesen - Wilson V4
    Aarmir Ghaffar - Wilson V4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gao ling - mp99
    zhang ning - mp99
    camilla martin - mp100
    xia x - cab 20

Page 4 of 163 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast