ProAce Thunderbolt II

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by leftseat, Apr 18, 2005.

1. leftseat

leftseat New Member

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I'm not really at expert in dissecting the badminton racquet. But I'm going to try anyway. Please bear with me.:p

Just last Sunday I had my full game with the Proace Thunderbolt II, I had the pleasure of taking delivery of the Thunderbolt II from a friend of mine last week. But I felt I could only give it a fair assessment after playing with it longer. :)

I must admit that I when I held it in my hands, it felt light . But the moment you start to swing the racquet, you'll realised that it's head heavy. But it is a very effortless and smooth followthru. A smashers weapon.:D

Throughout the several matches, I had no problem with back of court smashes, the power generated by the racquet is very responsive. The controlled half smash and drop shots were easily achieved due to the racquet’s “feelâ€. Feedback on light net touches is there too.:cool:

The down side is having a slight retarded defense and backhand due to the headheavy nature of an attacking racquet.:eek: I had to contend with a slower and weaker backhand due to the tradeoff. But I would be back up on track once I've got used to the head weight.

Would recommend this racquet to those with a fair for attack. ;)

Equipment: ProAce Thunderbolt II
    Strings: BG66 at 23 pounds

2. Shortay

Shortay New Member

Pro Ace Wide Boy 55

Hey people,
    I was recently given a ProAce wide body 55, is the racquet any good ?and how much is it worth.
    Where can I buy more ProAce racquets ?
    Is it better then a Yonex Muscle Power 23?
    Thank You

P.S

It would help if you could answer these questions so i can get on with my game, without worrying about the ProAce racquet??

Thank You, Again...

3. leftseat

leftseat New Member

Hey Shortray, I do not think the price in Singapore would be applicable to those sold in UK. I got mine ProAce Thunder Bolt II for S$120. You can convert that to Pounds to have some form of comparison.

As for the wide body, I have not played with that racquet before so I cannot comment on it.

Against Muscle Power, the ThunderBolt II is better, IMHO. The Thunderbolt's more feel and more smashing power.

I don't think I'm able to answer all your question so I hope someone else will be able to help you further.

Cheers

4. Jie78

Jie78 Regular Member

I haven't used some of the much vaunted Yonex racquets like Ti-10 or MP-100. But the Thuderbolt 2 is the most powerful racquet I have ever used. My smashes from the backcourt is quite effortless and my chops and netplays are suprisingly tighter. While it feels light, the head of the racquet actually feels heavier during play. I found my backhand smashes and defense stronger. I had it strung to 28lbs initially but after playing last night, a current national player I played against, who demolished us suggested I string it to 30lbs and see how it feels. So...I will know by today whether I can play with a piece of plank or not. Anyway, this racquet is excellent!.