Sparkle of Hope

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GunBlade008, Apr 18, 2005.

1. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    I've been playing badminton for about 6 months now and as a beacon of hope to all other beginning badminton players, I have improved. When I started playing, I was so horrible, my smashes were lifts :crying: . But now, even I have started to notice the improvement. My footwork's better, not like before when I was stumbling all over the place, and my shots have become more precise, my smashes are actually smashes! Just yesterday, I had the distinct pleasure of hearing the "pok" sound from my smash, which had never happened before. I was happy and decided to duplicate the shot again. Much to my content, the "pok" sound and speed was there. Players whom I held in the highest regards such as the best badminton players in the school are now rivals, no longer gods to admire. And just this morning, my coach told me that she wanted me to play in the next league game, even though she had benched me for the previous tournament. Although I've come a long way, there's always room for improvement from the better players. Just know that everyone all started off like anyone else did, and that improvement comes naturally with hard work and commitment.

2. Jumpalot

Jumpalot Regular Member

Good job. Not bad after only 6 months.

I only have one suggestion, watch world class badminton videos everyday until you learn all the footwork and shot selections. It will teach you to play the right game.