User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    joseph

Default removing original grip/apply how many grip layers help.

just curious, how come most people add 2 layers of grip to their G4 racquets? to me, 2 layers of grip to a G4 racquet seems too big, and power seem to decrease a little, so does consistency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: G4 + 2 layers of grip?

I add a orginal replacement grip over the G4 and 2 over grips!

Jeff L

i like to take off the original, put a over grip on the wood, and another over grip over that. for some reason it helps me. recently i got a g5 grip though, i put one over grip it seems pretty big

LL

No wonder all you people like 3U racquets, cause you add so much weight to the racquets by adding sooooo much grip. Plus it changes the balance point of the racquet. Just get a bigger handle and replace the orginal with one grip. That should be enough.

LL

LL

No wonder all you people like 3U racquets, cause you add so much weight to the racquets by adding sooooo much grip. Plus it changes the balance point of the racquet. Just get a bigger handle and replace the orginal with one grip. That should be enough.

LL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 overgrips

Jeff L

jkfhsidhidhioaw' thats a lot, 2 packs, lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man i just use one or two not 6, your hand must be really big lol

lucky OH 10

Default OVERgrips whats it for?

OVERgrips whats it for? what are the advantages/disadvantages of using one?

any suggestions on what characteristics do i look for?

10 Q

jon

Default Re: OVERgrips whats it for?

overgrips are for better gripping of the racquet... less slipping and such...

characteristics... just look for something more grippy than regular, and more comfortable... and durable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Caveat

Many players that use overgrips end up making the diameter of the grip too large for their hand/fingers. If your grip or overgrip is too big it will significantly diminish your ability to use "finger power" on your shots.

Only use thick overgrips on grips that are small for your hand. Otherwise, stick with a thinner overgrip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry G4 or G5 really matter?

Dear all...I am male adult and I'm wondering if G4 or G5 grip size affects my game...

In my all 8 of Yonex,

5 of them are G4,
    1 of them is G4.5,
    2 of them are G5

In fact...
    Which grip size shall I choose...

And will G4 or G5 really affect my game?

I have no special favorite for G4 or G5, I play each racket as well.Model is different so cann't compare the feeling...

Maybe I should get 2 same model rackets, one is G4 and one is G5 to have a test...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost as subjective as, "which racket is best?" or "what string tension?" ... it's a matter of personal preference and style of play. When you find out what works for you, update us with how you made your choice.

-dave

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To a certain extent, it depends on how you hold the racquet. For me, I often change the way of holding the racquet based on my position in the court and the situation I am in. Having a slimmer grip size definitely ease and speed up the changing of grip. FYI, I play doubles mainly and would change my grip to optimise my shots. Not sure about singles, but I doubt they use the entire handles of their racquets for their games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just depends on how big your hands are.
    If you find G5 is too small for you (or too slim), just a some overgrips on it to enlarge the size of the grip/handle.

In my opinions, people should just buy something as slim as G5, then, work on the grip size by adding overgrips.
    You can NOT go down if you find the size is too big if you get a G3......so best would be get a small one, then work toword up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff

In my opinions, people should just buy something as slim as G5, then, work on the grip size by adding overgrips.
    Not really.

I think ppl should pick the grip size which is just slightly different than his/her "perfect" size. This way, we can eaily increase (add overgrip) or decrease (remove original grip and add overgrip) size.

If a person has large hand, but got a G5, he might need to add 3 layers of overgrip to make a G2, which will greatly change the balance of the racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    Not really.

I think ppl should pick the grip size which is just slightly different than his/her "perfect" size. This way, we can eaily increase (add overgrip) or decrease (remove original grip and add overgrip) size.

If a person has large hand, but got a G5, he might need to add 3 layers of overgrip to make a G2, which will greatly change the balance of the racket.
    If a person wants to jump from G5 to G2, you can always get a thicker overgrip, and you only need 1 - 2 of these to make it work.

G2 and G5 rackets have different balance already, for example, a G2 MP99 (let's just say there is one) and G5 MP99, their balance will be different originally because of the weight of handle and grip. You can see some examples in Cooler's measurements, with different size, the weights are different.

Also, the weight of the overgrip will depend on what you use. There are tons of grips on the market now, and you can also use squash or tennis grips as well, so you have try some of those and you will know what i am talking about.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast