Looking for a badminton bag...

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by Akatsuki, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Regular Member

Lately I have been haging around with 3 plastic bag, one containing my bridies, the other my cloth and the third one my shoes :S And I was also holding my racket over my shoulder...
    After a year, I have decided to buy a badminton bag and I need your help. There are so many badminton bag and I dont know which one to pick. It is simple I need a bad that will be able to contain about 2-3 rackets, 1 pair of shoes, clothing (short,shirts...) and finally tubes of birdies. The thing is that I was going to buy it online:
    http://www.badminton.net/cart/index.php?cPath=23_35&osCsid=e4683ce70fc568f127616c03e9727bef

but I am afraid to end up with either a super large bag, which will make me look like a professionnal, which I am not. Or a small and lame bag wich will break my racket.

So far I was thinking to buy either this one
    http://www.badminton.net/cart/product_info.php?cPath=23_35&products_id=160&osCsid=e4683ce70fc568f127616c03e9727bef
    or this one
    http://www.badminton.net/cart/product_info.php?cPath=23_35&products_id=110&osCsid=e4683ce70fc568f127616c03e9727bef

2. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    well I currently use a Yonex 724 and I love it.... carries everything for me inside the bag, shoes, clothes, racquets and etc.... I think it is a great investment, check it out....

3. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Regular Member

isnt it too big though?? can you also use it for tennis?

4. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    personally im using the 2420 bag, only cuz the 2424 was out of stock. i think the 2424 is better than 2420 because it has 2 straps, so you can carry it around easier. the 2420 only has 1 strap, so less options.
    otherwise the 724 is also another great bag. you probably wont need a 3 compartment bag, but a 1 compartment bag wont fit ur shoes, rackets, AND birdies. 2 compartments is just right :)

5. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Regular Member

I just realize I will have to put 3 nets in this bag, do you think 724 is good for that??

6. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

The bag should be large enough to carry 3 nets if you roll them up neatly and not just try and stuff them in the bag.

7. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i'm not sure how long/thick your nets are. some nets might be able to. keep in mind that he's putting his shoes and shuttlecocks in the bag too. maybe try it out first.. borrow a friend's bag or something. i'm guessing it will be a slightly tight fit :) unless the nets are huge or something

8. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    How does 724 compare to 524? I like the look of 524 alot more....

9. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    according to the yonex catalogue, they are the same size. i see that one end of the 524 is skinnier than the 724 though, and the 724 is more "rectangular"
    another thing is the 724 has 2 carry straps, whereas the 524 has only one. sometimes that can make a difference... personally i would choose the 724 cuz of the extra strap and bigger model number :p but thats just me

10. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

The 2 straps allows you to wear it as a backpack. It's stylish so go with the 724 :p

11. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    The reason why I choose 524 over 724 is because of the shape. 724 look so... blah, in my opinion because of the 'rectangular' shape... while 524 has a unique shape to it =)

One strap or two, I'm still gonna only be using one arm to carry it...

I guess I'll be looking at the 524 then :)

12. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

if you're going to be putting nets in the bag, then don't worry about the bag being too large, giving the impression that you're pro or something.

forget what people think and do what you think is right.

a bag can't be TOO large. and obviously even more so when you have to carry three nets in addition to your own playing gear!!

13. takahira

takahira Regular Member

Something to do with software
    sorry for the late reply, i think the 724 is quite universal... and I like the fact that it has 2 straps... cause my old Fleet bag broke right at the belt area... so I switched over to a 2 strap Yonex 724 and I think it is great... and if you are planning to put nets, shoes, racquets and etc... go for the extra mile...

14. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    I like the 724. I have it in Navy and it carries everything I ask of it.

With that being said, its not perfect. My old Yonex bag had a dedicated pouch on one side specifically for shoes. The 724s shoe compartment is inline with one of the 2 large compartments, essentially robbing you of usable room. I use that compartment for my clothes. Its fine when Im coming from the house and dont have to put my streetclothes in it, but its a tighter fit when im coming from work.

With that being said, I still bought the 724. The dual strap is nice, again, its not perfect but anything bigger would indeed look like a sack.

If any Yonex reps are reading this, put an external shoe compartment on the 724 and you will have the perfect design =)

15. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i believe that the "padding" on the strap is immobile, like the ones on 2424 and 2420. those straps are at the top, so you'll be carrying your bag like a backpack with 1 or 2 stripes. i thought it made no difference initially, but the more i think about it now the more i regret not waiting for the 2424 and getting a 2420. cuz the way 1 strap carrying works.. feels kind of awkward. :rolleyes:

edit: the 2420 has an "inward" shoe compartment as stanstan described, but i never use it. partly because i have a plastic bag containing my shoes. what's the shoe compartment for though? is it just to prevent your dirty shoes from dirtying everything else? i dont use it because its a pain opening so many zippers :p maybe i'm just lazy

#15 SWC_Ant, Apr 21, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  16. stantan

stantan Regular Member

Attorney-at-Law
    Oh, and while Im at it, another feature I would like is one from one of my older racket bags. It has a detachable pouch on the side where I can put my valuables so I can store them somewhere safe or take with me if I have to leave my racket bag somewhere.

17. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Sorry for not being clear, I meant ....

If I were to get a badminton bag, I'd only need one strap for carrying it like a backpack with one arm..

18. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    thats what i thought when i decided that 2420 will do. i later realised that carrying it by one shoulder is a little awkward, as the big badminton bag doesn't end up behind your back, and it doesn't go to your side either. thats only my opinion though.

19. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Then where does it end up? :eek:

20. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    I personally have the 2nd one the 2020 bag.
    http://www.badminton.net/cart/product_info.php?cPath=23_35&products_id=110&osCsid=e4683ce70fc568f127616c03e9727bef

It's not too big, not too small. Fits about 4 -5 racquets in one compartment easy wihtout the individual covers. With the individual covers, I managed to snugly fit in 4 racquets. The other compartment would then be free for me to carry my net, 2 tubes of shuttles and my 1.5L bottle of drink. There are 2 small pockets in it. I use one of them to fit my shoes in and the other one I use to keep stuff like grip tape, keys, coins, wallet, string and liquid heat.

There is one more pocket on the side where the silveris thing is. I use that compartment to keep my clothes in there (usually 2 pair of shirts, extra pair of socks and shorts and one pair of track pants and towel.)

Hope this helps!