Joanne Here..

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Joanne, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Okay, okay, my introduction is 2 years late... lol.

I've not been posting so much lately(hardly?) because.. well, because.. I'm not really sure too. Someone online said I 'crapped' too much, so I pretty much stopped posting in a few forums.

Besides, I've been quite busy lately, coming online to do some school stuff.

Anyway, I'm 14 years old this year.. I was 12 when I joined, right? Wow, time flies! Hehe. I'm from Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. This year I started training 3 times a week(Monday, Wednesday, Friday), unfortunately I'm sometimes busy on Wednesdays so I'll have to skip training then.

Many people here thought I stopped playing badminton altogether when I stopped posting so much around here.. that's not true. Actually I've been busier than ever with badminton! Hehe. I try to join as many tournaments as I can to gain more exposure.

I've dislocated my right shoulder twice when training.. but it's because my shoulders are weak. The 1st time my left shoulder dislocated it was caused by a mere push from a very thin girl. I think my shoulders have been weak from birth. Oh well, now got to do some strengthening to build the muscles up so it holds the bones together as my ligaments are obviously not going to 'tighten' itself.

I used to be more of an attacking player.. until my shoulder gave me problems. The last month or so I've been playing a very frustrating game, since all I can do from the baseline is drop/chop. Even if I lob, it'll go half-court. So I'm pretty lost when people lob baseline/clear baseline.

So that's pretty much my introduction.. a 14 years old Malaysian girl with bad shoulders.

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Selamat Datang, Joanne! :D

Belated wish, ha-ha. Post more Joanne. I don't believe you "crap too much" at all. Hope your shoulder gets better.

-dave

3. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Actually I think I was 11 when I joined.. I was standard 6 I remember. Hehe.

That makes me 3 years old to BF.:)

Thanks for the welcome, Dave. :p

4. Shuttlebugs

Shuttlebugs Regular Member

5. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

I do??:confused:

Currently I train in SK Taman SEA, a primary school in SS2. After training I usually play a few games with the men there, they're quite friendly. hehe.

And Taman Megah. Rarely play there now though, the price is shooting sky high!

But I don't have a group.. so if you want to play with a group I can't help you there. Just walk in a badminton hall and ask to join in a game or two. Who knows, it may work.;)

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its good to hear from you Joanne. Hope you have a speedy recovery and i'm sure with determination , you will get back your smashes and skills. You will bounce back.

7. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hewo

hi joanne:)

i'd thoght this was a thread revival at furst, but it dindn't look right, and then l i nothiced the date.

it's so nice ot know for real tat there're more girls around who do pay attehntion to sports ands esp. badminton.:D

(there's somehitng wrong with my finger co-rdination to day... arhg! i can't seem to type properly, and correction would be too tedious.)

gorsh! i shouldn't even bother typing for all the meaning you're gonna get our of this.

but ice to [meet] you,
    antoli

p's: (i thought i'd dispense with the 'welcome' seeing you're eerytihgn but a newbie here)

8. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Hihi, though it feels weird to welcome a senior member after so long :p. Seems like she's more like bforum's adopted daughter ;)

9. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

I hope my shoulder recovers soon.. I feel utterly useless without being able to smash much. It's healing, but tires very fast. After nearly 3 hours of training yesterday it started to ache and was slightly painful.:(

Hi hi Ants, Anatolii and Fend. I may not be posting so much after this because I've got that 4 letter word thing coming up. E X A M.:p

BF's adopted daughter?:cool:

10. weelun

weelun New Member

harlo... joanne
    i from malaysia too
    i m wee lun , currently study at kuala lumpur~~
    nice to meet u ya~ ^_^

11. weeyet

weeyet Regular Member

Engineer / Freelance pianist
    You're lee wan wah, who attacks and get shoulder injured.... =) :D

12. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Hi there! Nice to meet you two too(hey that rhymes!)! =D

How did Lee Wan Wah get his shoulder injury? Perhaps he dislocated it too?:p