Malaysian

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by upcoming, Oct 17, 2001.

1. upcoming

upcoming Guest

In the most prized Denmark open, malaysian is up and coming big. They have 5 in the final 16 while China have 4. While no other country have more than 2. Guess Indo has how many? 0. Yeah, Zero!

It will be china vs malaysian in the future, won't it?

2. ray

ray Guest

3. modious

modious Regular Member

Obviously a baised fan.....

4. May

May Guest

how do u knw?it's juz 1 tournament,

5. Brit

Brit Guest

I think upcoming got it wrong, Malaysia don't have 5....THEY HAVE 7, NEARLY HALF !!!!!

And youngster Lee TS won the Dutch last week, although I admit that it was lacking some stars. Hafiz Hashim, only 19, knocked out Anders Boesen (denmark no 3) late last night.

Indon will bounce back again sometime, but don't expect a quick recovery. In the meantime, I must agree with you that badminton will belong to Malaysia and China in the near future, as these two countries not only have depth, they also have quantity. We can deny all we like, and say all we want, but the plain fact is there for everyone to see. Malaysia and China have age and numbers on their side, coupled with adequate money and funding (especially Malaysia), they can only improve further more.

I wish England copuld be like that....sigh

6. upcoming

upcoming Guest

You are right.

When I wrote the last post, there are only 5 malaysians entered top 16, the whole round had not finished yet.

7. Tom

Tom Regular Member

now 3 are left on par with China, in the QF.
    good chance to see which country is ahead in this MS category,but bearing in mind that Xuanze isn't there whilst the whole Malaysian contingent are.

8. libra

libra Guest

Comparing china and malaysia, i think it's fair to say that the top players (Chen and Xia together with Roslin Hashim, Wong Chong Han) are still a class about up and coming youngsters like Bao, Lin Dan and Lee Tsuen Seng and Sairul Ayob... even though Chen Yu did beat Roslin in the dutch open and Sairul did get the better of Chen Hong

Still, i think china has the slight edge overall....

but then again, don't discount indonesia who's top players around at the danish open.

9. jafryin

jafryin Guest

Whatever it is, these 3 countries Malaysia, Indonesia and China will dominate the game in the near future.