dilemma

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by keith_aquino, Apr 23, 2005.

1. keith_aquino

keith_aquino Regular Member

part-time student, full-time baddy fanatic
    Hi, I'm a singles player. I have a problem with my shots. It doesn't have enough power for me to hit the shuttle from one end of the court to the other. It's pretty ironic because I also use this method agains my opponent. I do long shot to the back of the court (from the middle of the court of course) and I simply drop after the return. Or simply do this in a rally. The problem is that I can't do this at the back of the court; the other side's simply too far for me! If it's useful, I use RSL Silver Feather shuttle cocks. Any tips or excersises to fix this? THANKS in advanced!:)

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    It's basically technique and early preparation. Hire a coach to show you, then do drills.

Once you get into a ready stance, and utilize body rotation, forearm pronation and proper hitting technique, you can hit the birdie OUT the far-end of the court.

-dave

3. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    try hitting the shuttle early, dont wait for it to fall.. hit it when its just at your maximum reach

4. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

don't know you level of play but what i teach to kids is to go touch their back with the racquet before each stroke (overhead) :p and this give better power, it's simply giving them the good technique