Colours and Looks??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ting03, Apr 23, 2005.

1. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    hey everyone, i usually don't really care about the looks of my racquets until recently...for some odd reason i started to care about how it looked, and how the grip and strings should match the racquet colour...

maybe it's becuz i've been watching pro's like Lin dan and peter gade play..and how they have matching grips :rolleyes:

well i have a question, becuz both of my racquets have a very unusual colour scheme lol :confused:

i have an AT 800 De and an MP 44 (old turquiose) which i dont kknow wat colours to use to match/or make it look good. i've tried blue for my Mp 44...but yea :cool: ... and for my At 800 DE i have like this light green strings (BG 68-ti's) and turquoise grip...lol anyone have any suggestions for how you do colours?! :eek:

ting03

2. Pasch

Pasch Regular Member

Student
    If the shop has pink grips, thats my choise :)

3. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    if u dont mind spending money on grips, then IMO white yonex supergrap is the best. as for string, i also think that white matches good with AT800De (thats what im using on mine :D)

4. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    Get your AT800 a blue grip :cool:

Or green.....

5. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    i'm using a neon orange yonex supergrap for my AT800DE, blue for my MP 55, and just changed my neon orange to purple :p whatever color i can find i'm fine with, as long as its not black. black looks too much like the original grips, and doesn't make me look pro enough :D :p LOL

6. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    hm....i bought a pack of white yonex supergrap...and so far i've only used one roll. and i still have it on one of my racquets. it hasn't turned colours yet, only the top part where my thumb goes for the backhand grip has darkened a bit. but i haven't used it a lot anyways...hmm i might try white later when i get it restrung...and i might try orange :D

how about a CAB 30 MS? maybe white works, or any colour since the design of it is almost compatible with any colour :rolleyes:

ting03

7. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    check out the picture i took of the yonex supergrap (orange, AC102EX) after i used it for 4 weeks or so! :D i also compared it with the A440 supergrap from Yonex taiwan in this thread... (which has the pic.. i can't upload it in this thread for watever reason) http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23215

8. Gordon

Gordon Regular Member

Try green on both.On my mp99 I got purple bg-65 strings and yellow grip I think the colors look pretty good

9. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

i bought a reel of 30 white grip so i'm gonna stick with it for awhile, i don't care of my racquet look i currently have blue BK grip and lavender string on my AT 700

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    For me, yellow grip all the way. Especially, it's a perfect match with the black/silver cab30ms. :)

11. SWC_Ant

SWC_Ant Regular Member

Student
    my bad, i posted this on the wrong thread :( .. i had too many windows open i guess ;) mods, please delete this one thanks

12. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Looks of the racquet matters a little bit to me. My mp 99 has blue strings, blue grip and I wear a matching blue shirt. Lol.

13. Super~ME!

Super~ME! Regular Member

student
    ...hmm...i like to switch the colours around, but i'd have to say white grip all the way...personally...i think white grips go with anything since it's not too striking of a colour like those really bright ones. otherwise...go with a light coloured grip. they'll get dirty faster...but at least they contrast more from plain old black.

...for strings...i'll say go with a darker colour like black or something cause it always looks so cool cause you can't really see it since it blends in with the background ...it looks like you're hitting with no strings:p

...as for your racquets...i'd say white grip on both and blue or black strings on your MP44....for your AT...maybe give black a try...anyway...hope ou find something you like:)

14. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    hmmm ....so many colours...so little time :rolleyes: lolz, i'll eventually try every different grip colour :D ...but strings is a diff story...becuz my dad doesn't string racquets until the string breaks :cool: , he says it's a waste of money......for example...i have 2 REALLY OLD kawasaki racquets that still have BG-65's on them...from like 1990''s or something!! :eek: and they're tension is well really loose! like 16lbs (in my guess)

:eek: i didn't know that you could buy a 30 pack roll of grip!! and is it like the normal yonex supergrap? just a lot more in quanitity? is it cheaper per each grip? (for a pack of three yonex supergrap it's around 8 +- 1 dollar which is around 2.5 dolalrs a grip) :rolleyes:

o one more thing where can you get such a thing in Canada? Richmond Hill, Ontario to be more exact...Lee's maybe? Mandarin? Yo's Sports?!

ting03

15. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Yonex doesn't sell supergraps in bulk. Like on ebay, if they sell yonex grips in bulk, they are fake. So just stick to the 3 pack supergraps.

Oh, cut your strings a bit and smash, then say it broke. Lol.

16. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

carlton airblade superlite
    with white, lilac (bg85), or black. or even a mix of said strings.
    white when strings are white or lilac.
    or pink supergrap when strings are lilac and/or black.
    black looked even better with it, but after a week of playing with it, the feel just wasn't up to par with the softer white.

cab21sp
    black or platninum gold (bg66) strings.
    also white supergrap.

nope!! they come in bulk. theres a reel of white supergrap, comes in a pack of 30!

17. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    WHERE ?!?!?

ting03

18. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    My Cab30 MS has white strings and black super grap. I really wanted yellow strings, but the BG 65 Powers only had white. The black super grap is also part of my old roll so I had to use it up although I would have preferred neon green or dark pink. My old Cab20 Original had yellow strings and dark pink grip bwhahahah.

But anyway in Toronto, there really isn't a place to buy the pack of 30. Yo's and Lee's don't sell them.

19. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

oh, sorry. its only available to the japanese market, actually. but online stores have them up for sale. such as tennis warehouse.

20. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    :( ....then you gotta pay shipping and all that...ahh..no fair :crying: i guess i will have to buy grips that last longer to save money then...:cool:

ting03