My friend's badminton shoes got stolen.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by unregistered, Apr 24, 2005.

1. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

Last saturday after badminton training, my friend went to his auntie's house to visit her. she lives in a flat, so he had to take out his shoes to go in, however after coming out, he discovered that his new shb 89 shoes were missing, he had only bought it 2 weeks ago and used it less then 5 times. The shoes cost S$110 , are badminton shoes that trendy or rare that you have to steal them!?!?

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Which area was his aunt living in? In some areas crime might be higher than others. Prolly cause no one was watching, the thief took the opportunity to grab it. I'd reckon also since they were new it was more of an incentive. Had the shoe been worn out or dirty I highly doubt that the thief would steal it.

Just think of it this way. Maybe the thief needed them more than your friend (don't go condemning anyone now, it won't get the shoes back) What goes around comes around ;). Tell your friend not to worry, the universe is so great anything can happen.

Moral of the story is always bring in your shoes inside the house even though you'd place them near the door. At least it's safe. Lesson learned here guys.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its sad to hear that. Since its few weeks old. I'm sure the shoe will still looks new. Maybe for some pll who dont have money to buy shoe.. Its a catch for them. Some pll even steal old shoes.. Sometimes its not weather its trendy or not. The shoe looks nice and appealing.. if i were the thief.. i wont think twice of stealing it. I can either sell it 2nd hand or wear it.

Sorry to hear that again. Next time maybe put the new shoes in the hse.

4. tangle

tangle Regular Member

student
    Lesson to learn:Never wear badminton shoes out of court(i'm 1 guy who does that)

5. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

sorry to hear about his loss.

One more reason to not wear badminton shoes out of the court. Yonex shoes aren't know to be the most durable anyway :p

6. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    my friend has had the same experience but with jordan shoes. they cost about 150-200 a pair and several times my friend would wear them to other people's houses only to find them stolen when he was about to go home.

7. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    You live in Singapore? I guess it's really popular over there that people have to steal badminton shoes heh. Sorry to hear that they were stolen, but I'd probably steal them if I had the chance too lol. I need badminton shoes!

8. landon_hang

landon_hang Regular Member

Student
    i know your friends pain... I got my sandals stolen last year while i was playing!! Where I play there are lots of courts and most of us leave our stuff on the side of the court near the edge but at the end of the day my new AE sandals were missing!! Racquets were all there, wallets were all there, no one lost anything except I lost my sandals!!

who punks sandals at badminton courts?? :mad:

9. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    omg... :eek: i know its a fact some ppl steal shuttles but shoes???? this really makes me angry!! :mad: these ppl shud rot in hell!!

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Some ppl steal stuff, not necessary because they really need it or want to sell it. More like a kinda of desire to "take" when no one guarding. My friend lost his new 98 when he left it there after a session. Even though he rushed back, but could never find them any more. :(

11. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    Calm down splitstep. Be considerate, as some posters mention, some people maybe under-priviledged. Just have faith in Karma :p

Think prevention is better than cure.

12. splitstep

splitstep Regular Member

IT Consaultant
    Even if u r under priviledged, go do something about it n earn some money, im sure his friend must of saved up for it.

13. Pball

Pball Regular Member

Guess badminton is really popular there, or someone needed shoes badly.

Reminded me of what happened to a friend, he was wearing slipper (cheap kind) and riding on a train. As the trip was long he fell asleep. Imagine my surprise when he came in to my establishment with nothing on his feet. Seems like someone's idea of a joke.. I lent him some money to buy a new pair. but I was laughing so hard all the time..

ps no offense intended...