User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GENERALLY

The faster your swing, the higher your tension should be and stiffer shaft.
    the slower the swing the lower your tension should be and a more flex shaft.

A slow swing to you may not be a slow swing to someone else so they cannot really tell you what racket you should get when you tell them you have a slow swing, all they can tell you is you should consider a lower tension and more flexible shaft until you find what works for you. When you find that perfect tension and flexibility, you can pretty much feel a mountain of difference in your smash, and the first few times it feels really good as if you have achieved a new level. At least that is how it was for me. that extra feel also gives you that little boost of confidence that also improves your game (as cheesy as it may sound, it definitely hypes you). If your hits did not feel nice you would feel less motivated.

as for people wondering if they should get low repulsion strings or high repulsion ... personally I cannot see how low repulsion can improve your game.

I had nanogy 98 at 26lb of tension and it felt great, and the repulsion was wonderful. I got bg65 at the same tension and it felt like utter garbage and I had my racket restrung the same week with more repulsive strings. BG65 I personally think are not a good idea unless you play with insanely high tension like over 30lbs so that you can get decently durable strings, and the thickness of the strings is negated due to the stretch, thus making them more repulsive, while a string like nanogy 98 would break too soon due to the high amounts of tension on an extremely thin string.

just my logic on the matter, feel free to correct me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent posts, Neil (post#15 and #17). Enjoy reading them very much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch View Post

A slow swing to you may not be a slow swing to someone else so they cannot really tell you what racket you should get when you tell them you have a slow swing,....
    Alternative, would it make sense to state that if I improve and do a faster armswing, but my e.g. smash does not become more powerfull, or maybe even more weak, then it could be a symptom for either a to low tension or to flexible racket?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3