User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 31
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Yonex Mavis 350/370 shuttles

    Hi,

    I've searched the forum and read the reviews, but I can't really find an answer: What's the difference between Mavis 350 and Mavis 370 shuttles?
    Kind regards,
    Stijn

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    on the 370, some part of the shirts are blank off.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Richmond, BC; Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    on the 370, some part of the shirts are blank off.
    i'm not quite sure what you mean cooler, can you please explain a little more in detail?

    from what i heard its something to do with consistancy and durability or something

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada, BC, Vancouver
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think the mavis 350 is a general best bang for you buck in terms of durability and playability. The mavis 370 has the plastic molded more so to simulate a real feather shuttlecock. I've played with both and i recommend the 370 if price isn't an issue... sure does last longer then a real feather! Main difference is the way the plastic is constructed.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Richmond, BC; Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by registered
    i think the mavis 350 is a general best bang for you buck in terms of durability and playability. The mavis 370 has the plastic molded more so to simulate a real feather shuttlecock. I've played with both and i recommend the 370 if price isn't an issue... sure does last longer then a real feather! Main difference is the way the plastic is constructed.
    please enlighten me. how is the construction of the Mavis 300, 350, and 370 different?? i thought that the only difference was consistency and slight durability?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    show u tomorrow, a bit sleepy now

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    please enlighten me. how is the construction of the Mavis 300, 350, and 370 different?? i thought that the only difference was consistency and slight durability?
    If you go to Yonex Japan's website and compare the pictures you can just see the differences.

    300 - basic construction. No nice feathery shaping.
    350 - some shaping of the supports between the 'quills'
    370 - as 350, but the bottom of the 'feathers' are angled like a proper feather would be.

    Hope this makes sense. I have no idea what each bit is supposed to be called in a plastic bird!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The yellow one is the Mavis 300, the white one is the Mavis 370

    both are brand new just out of the box

    the 300 is more angular, with less curves in the plastic while the 370 has more diagonals, curves and the skirt ends are joined horizontally, while the 300 has the vertical bits sticking past the last horizontal line.

    otherwise, given the same speed "blue, red, green" the 370 feels a bit lighter, and therefore goes a bit faster. The 300 speeds up after hitting with it for a while..i guess that's due to the bits of plastic falling off. I don't hit very hard, so i haven't exploded any of these shuttles, and neither one feels like it lasts longer/shorter than the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Richmond, BC; Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    thanks, other,
    if anyone has a picture of the Mavis 350 that would be great as well. and does anyone else have comments on the durability differences and flight differences of these 3 shuttles? (300/350/370)

    btw other, your notebook has a pretty long Quick Launch Bar

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SWC_Ant
    btw other, your notebook has a pretty long Quick Launch Bar
    thats cos im lazy
    hehe..good thing its not in focus

    350s are not normally avaliable in the UK (not in the yonex 2005 catalogue anyway) so i have no clue.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Richmond, BC; Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by other
    thats cos im lazy
    hehe..good thing its not in focus

    350s are not normally avaliable in the UK (not in the yonex 2005 catalogue anyway) so i have no clue.
    excuse me for bein off topic
    but this is where toolbars come in

    anyways, next time i see Mavis 350 or 370 i'll make sure i compare them with Mavis 300 (which i own)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  12. #12
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just a question. I haven't been using plastic shuttles for ages. The only time i remember using is when i was a small kid. Does the plastic shuttles damage your strings? It may cut and frays your strings as hit it. Just need to verify. Anyone that uses feathers and plastics probably can give their reviews. thanks

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol...OT

    ah but i've only got a 15" TFT with max resolution of 1024x768 so i need all the desktop real estate i can get my hands on

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Richmond, BC; Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    552
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Just a question. I haven't been using plastic shuttles for ages. The only time i remember using is when i was a small kid. Does the plastic shuttles damage your strings? It may cut and frays your strings as hit it. Just need to verify. Anyone that uses feathers and plastics probably can give their reviews. thanks
    i've been using plastic shuttles for a long time. when i got my MP 55 3-4 years ago, i had strung it with BG68-Ti. that didn't break until i cut it a few months ago. so i dont think plastic shuttles cut/fray string.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Just a question. I haven't been using plastic shuttles for ages. The only time i remember using is when i was a small kid. Does the plastic shuttles damage your strings? It may cut and frays your strings as hit it. Just need to verify. Anyone that uses feathers and plastics probably can give their reviews. thanks
    for some reason when i played with feathers, it seemed to loosen the tension a lot faster than when i play with plastics normally.

    however the consensus (no comment from me becuase i haven't played enough with feather) seems to be that the plastic feathers cause more string wear and tear than feather shuttles. Is this from hitting the actual skrit (plastic/feather), becuase the cork and stuff should be the same for both?

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    299
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the 350 is like a mix between the 300 and 370,

    the plastic pattern of the 300 feather (the way the little square are arranged) and the spike (tips of the feather) and angular of the 370

    imo nothing feel different between 300 and 350, never play with 370

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mavis 370 looks better.

    Quote Originally Posted by other
    The yellow one is the Mavis 300, the white one is the Mavis 370

    both are brand new just out of the box

    the 300 is more angular, with less curves in the plastic while the 370 has more diagonals, curves and the skirt ends are joined horizontally, while the 300 has the vertical bits sticking past the last horizontal line.

    otherwise, given the same speed "blue, red, green" the 370 feels a bit lighter, and therefore goes a bit faster. The 300 speeds up after hitting with it for a while..i guess that's due to the bits of plastic falling off. I don't hit very hard, so i haven't exploded any of these shuttles, and neither one feels like it lasts longer/shorter than the other.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RKEP M9000 Nylon shuttles vs Yonex Mavis 350
    By cycilver in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 15
    : 10-21-2013, 11:33 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    : 02-13-2012, 07:08 PM
  3. Where best to buy Mavis 300 Shuttles? *UK*
    By del1803 in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 0
    : 05-16-2009, 04:53 AM
  4. (SG)Where got sell Yonex Mavis 300/350/370 shuttles?
    By Jansenkzh in forum Market Place
    Replies: 6
    : 04-30-2005, 12:21 PM
  5. Yonex Mavis 300 Shuttles (Nylon)
    By RSX in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 12-04-2002, 05:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •