Bao continues domination

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by John, Oct 21, 2001.

1. John

John Guest

Bao has inserted the fear factor into Lin's mind. At the WJC year ago, Lin was ranked above Bao, but after Bao won the semis, he's never lost to LIn again. Lin like Pi in the WS, started well but once he lost the first set, his game collapsed - what happened to the magic at the net and disguised cross-courts that baffled Chen Yu last night? The net play should have put Bao under pressure as he is big.
    Bao's killer stroke overhead and his reach for retrival) was always going to be an advantage in this format. I'm sure Lin will be getting his coach to work on overcoming his opponent's forte. John.

2. ChokinCrew

ChokinCrew Guest

i think Bao will still lose to Taufik or Hendrawan as he is lack of experience

3. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Possibly .. a player with better exprience will be able to deal with his game better.

4. Tom

Tom Regular Member

but how come he could beat Gopi & Choon Hann easily when these two men have had considerable experience????

5. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Yeah! But i guess it would be great to let the old hags play with the old system of 15 points! Probably they might whack teh @!#$ out of these Kids!

But Hey hats of to Bao. It was entertaining badminton and they played a lot of parallel points too. Boa came out on top i guess because of his height in these points but then he was really good at the steep drops too.I think he was a very good at the net as well. But then i dont think he is anywhere near Henderwan or Gopi when it comes to net play!

But it was very entertaining to watch 2 youngsters playing the finals of the costliest tournament and i think these 2 will be the future of badminton if they progress as well!

6. Al

Al Guest

Maybe not... Remember how Taufik was trashed by Lin Dan in Asian C'ship where the old 15 pts system was used?

7. Cary

Cary Guest

It's always exciting to see new faces in the arena. I had the same excitement of seeing Zhao Jianhua winning his first All England (back in 198?), when I knew Bao won his first major title, the Denish Open. With Peter Gade injured, Henrawen slowing down, Taufik quitting, Ji Xinpeng fading away, we need new faces like Bao and Lin to get the ball rolling.

8. John

John Guest

The most interesting commet about the remarkable perfomance of the 3 young Chinese men was from Bao's post-match interview, recorded in the match report of the site. Bao said simply that he followed exactly what he was told to do in training. If their performance is an object lesson, the word that all aspiring stars should write in their minds is 'obedience'. John.

9. LimTon

LimTon Guest

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
    don't make me puke

10. John

John Guest

Go ahead and puke, but don't mess up the sittingroom carpet and don't choke on your vomit. Have a good vomit - it'll you good ridding yourself of the gratuitous venom. John.

11. Greg

Greg Guest

well.. in Singapore open Bao got trashed by Wong and in the final Wong was defeated by Taufik. So very likely Taufik will trash Bao as well... :)

12. Fat bird

Fat bird Guest

This happened so often in this forum! A wins B, and B wins C, then A will win C. Stop this stupid logic. If this is the case, we shouldn't watch badminton because we'll all know the results. Just place out bet and we can live off without working for our living!

When playing in the match, it is 80% mental game. The practices help you on the mental side because you are so fleunt in the stroke moves, you can spot for the sudden openings for a kill. For younger players, playing according to the practice relieves them from the mental stress that so often associated with their play. For more mature players, they have to develop their strategies on the play because their opponents are familiar with their style or they don't know their opponent's style. Therefore, they have to create the opening. In either case, they are more mentally stressed and can often lost out. This is where the excitment of the games comes about and what makes a player great.

You may be a fan of some players but do respect others. If a player won, they deserve it. They won because they played well. If their opponents did not play well, it is their fault. For professional players, they shouldn't play less than 100% in any games. No excuse for them. For the rest of us, just remember that it is hard for us, if not impossible to win a professional players even if they do not play well.

13. Rudesky

Rudesky Guest

I disagree... Bao was not trashed by Wong, in fact he was leading comfortably 2-0 and ahead in the 3rd game, but heck, he suddenly lost his touch and it's like a different man altogether. Maybe consistency is what this kid needs. I am sure, if he continue performing the way he did in Dutch and Danish Open, he should be in the top of the world pretty soon.

14. Counter

Counter Guest

Hmmm, according to your logic, in the Asian Badminton Championships Taufit got trashed by Lin Dan 15/2, 15/3 in the 3rd round and Lin Dan was trashed by Bao in the Danish final. So Taufik should be double trashed by Bao. Right?!

15. viver

viver Regular Member

I agree with your points. They are very true and in high level competition the mental issue is really of great importance... if not fundamental for the success.

16. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I strongly agree with your philosophy but then it is a sport and u have to take sides. If not then the sport is not all that interesting.I think i derive the greatest satisfaction arguing for my fav player agst the others.

That is fun! But what u say is 1000% Right. I totally subscribe to ur views