Black supergraps?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by AudiQuattro, May 1, 2005.

1. AudiQuattro

AudiQuattro Regular Member

i was just wondering if anyone is using black supergrap and can compare to other colours of supergrap?
    cuz im using a yellow one right now and it feels really sticky and when i felt my friends supergrap which was black and it was kinda powdery/dusty and he said it was supergrap also
    was just wondering if there r different supergraps made throughout the world

2. Neosakai

Neosakai Regular Member

Unemployed =(
    There are 2 or more different versions of supergrap, I can tell you that...I don't think color makes a difference.

But then again I haven't try any, so I can't tell you

3. Dave18

Dave18 Regular Member

Student
    Lol. Color is just color. It doesn't affect tackiness. I guess it feels different because different people touched the grip already. If you were to open a new pack of two different color supergrap and grip a racquet, the feeling should be more or less the same.

4. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    IMO, the grip in canada, A102 somethign soemthing, the white one is grippiest and the black one is less grippy. Lighter colours tend to be more grippy in my opinion......

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  6. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

yea, i normally use whites, but i gave black another try a week back.
    it definitely lasted longer, felt stickier/tackier the whole time.

normally, since my hands don't sweat, the tackiness of the white supergrap is worn away, leaving the grip with a felty or very soft cloth like feel. thats how i normally like it.
    friends, who's hands do sweat a lot, leave their supergrap hard and solid!

the lighter the color, from my experience, tends to be better for those who's hands sweat less, and darker colors for those that sweat more.

the dyes they use on the grips have an affect on how soft or hard the grip feels, and how long they last. its almost definite.