Finding new Racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by __Lam, May 2, 2005.

1. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

Hey,
    I need help finding a new racquet, and i was trying to figure out which one was best suitable for singles players, i played doubles before but i'm switching to singles now since my partner is quiting:crying:... anyways, these are some of the racquets i'm thinking of.

-Cab 23
    -Cab 30MS
    -Iso 900 SX
    -Iso swing power

I'm on a tight budget :p and i wanna spend as little as possible... It's only a racquet after all but, i need one thats suitable for offensive singles play. My Iso 63 MF Light isnt compatible with so since its way to head light and defensive. Even playing with my friends racquets (cab 21 cab 20 etc.) The power on all my hits increase about 20 - 40 % and i find that the other racquets are more accurate.

If you can suggest any other racquets, please do.
    Preffered Specifications:
    Weight : 4U-3U
    Grip: Doesnt matter
    Head shape: Oval or Iso, but not those gimpy prince, Y joint things...

Thanks.

2. markburry_90

markburry_90 Regular Member

I own a Musclepower 100, and a Isometric 75 MF LIGHT.

The ISO is a yellow and black racket, and in my opinion it looks like a MP99

I really prefer playing with the ISO. It has an excellent feel, and looks awesome with yellow strings and a green supergrap.

I actually prefer the ISO over the MP100.

3. tifam

tifam Regular Member

Purchasing a CAB 30 MS-3U and nothing regret!

4. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Where did you get yours man. I think searching for cab30ms 3U SP version is enjoyable since Singapore can't get it unless they get straight from sunrise and the racquet itself is a fantastic one!!

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Out of the raquets you mention I think ISO TI swingpower (SX) is the superior one (I'm not particuar fond of "classic"-head rackets, due to their small sweetspot).

If I was on a budget I would probably alos take a look on other brands than yonex, But you many not have these available at your store/shop ?!??

Do you have access to other brands, like SOTX, Wilson, RSL, Victor, Babolat, Carlton?

Cheers,
    Twobeer

6. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

Nope, unless i can order some on the internet. But then theres the risk of it being fake or that i wont like it. All the top end racquets at the shop i go to (whats your racquet & ski) have only good Yonex racquets. And i personally dont like to use Wilson, RSL, Victor and Carlton racquets, but i do kinda like the SOTX Woven series. I really like the Ti Sp SX, was thinking of getting it once i saved up enough.
    Thanks

7. I like to smash

I like to smash Regular Member

A+ Student
    There, get the ti sp sx if you really like it then.