1 Day To Prepare For League Finals

Discussion in 'USA West' started by K3vin, May 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K3vin

K3vin Regular Member

IM IN LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I was expected to go anyways. Well me and my partner from last year have gotten back together to try and get to CCS. Anyways, our school has done very well during league in boys doubles, and everything else (2nd place overall). So we got spots for league and I decided to go with doubles.

Me and my partner (He played #2 this year) have only played twice this entire season (against our #1 doubles). The first time we lost 17-21 playing a JV match (came back from 2-15 lol). I noticed that we had issues in our rotation and my placement. I talked to my partner about this and we sorted out our issues as best we could in an hour. The next time we played them we played a varisty match (out of 3 sets). Lost 18-17, won 15-9, won 15-10. We had a little better rotation and my placements were much better.

Here comes my problem, we have 1 Day (2 hour practice) on Monday before we go to league finals. I would really like to improve our rotation and my partner's drives (his drives are slow :mad: ) mostly. He is about 6-1 ft which gives him good angle. Anyone know of any drills or things that we should do to prepare for our finals that would specifically help rotation and drives? Keep in mind that we have 2 hours tho.

Ill keep a log on our league final results. I hope we make it to CCS (Need #1 place to do so). :D

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Just practice the rotation and jot down every basic situation so you know where to go, like if you're at the net on the right side of the court lobbing you should know who goes to what square and so forth...

Drives? Spend 20 mins driving the shuttle. It'll be good enough I reckon. The communication / rotation is more important though, so spend roughly 45 mins to an hour on it!

3. Shimotakimas

Shimotakimas Regular Member

aiyah im doing league finals also!!! Im currently a freshman and doing number 1 mens doubles at my school. Im planning to do the CCS thing with number 1 mens singles on my team. Hope i get to see you sometime! (btw i go to Gilroy High School)

hehe same with us. Mondays our last practice before league finals. Good luck. Whats your schools name btw? Maybe ill be playing you! ;)

NOBODY POST ANY TIPS! LOL JK!

#3 Shimotakimas, May 6, 2005
    Last edited: May 6, 2005
  4. Shimotakimas

Hey i read from your other posts that you have an mp44. The number 1 singles guy from Leigh High School also uses an mp44 with a smile face on it.......Can this person possibly be you?

5. K3vin

K3vin Regular Member

LOL, nice try tho. Lots of singles players in the league have mp44's if u look closely. Just found out who we are playing against........... and their the only ones who i thought could give us problems :crying: . And to make things worst, my partner is taking an Ap test on monday so he will miss a good part of practice. :mad:

6. K3vin

K3vin Regular Member

What kind of rotation situtations should we practice? The only one i can think of right now is after the serve.

7. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Lets say you are infront diving to retrieve a drop that leaves your back unprotected assuming you guys are in a box formation. Now depending on what you do in this situation, you can either do a couple of things :
    1)Do a lift a long deep lift and that gives you time to go back to your position in the box formation,
    2) Do a straight netshot (not crosscourt) and if that is so, your teammate should be somewhere in the middle ready to smash any lifts and you should be moving towards the front middle to do a front back just so you can retrieve more his netshots and pounce any mishits
    3) Do a crosscourt and go to the middle and wait your teammate should be around the middlish area if I'm not mistaken so he can catch lifts.

This is just one example of the situation. Others include like if the opponent does a flick serve to you, and you move back to retrieve it, where is your partner supposed to move / stand. That kinda thing. Oh yea, if your partner goes in front, you should be in the middle to back area of his side of the court not too much on his side but leaning towards it to catch any high lifts they might try to put on you. Your partner should get all the front stuff if he's infront and you all the back stuff.

Do the opposite for you also.
    Remember to clear the shuttle if you guys want to get back into position of defending instead of attacking.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

8. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Regular Member

good luck man!
    I hope you win everything!

9. VietDragon

VietDragon Regular Member

where is league C's league finals at?
    League B's is at westmont. Not the greatest courts...:(

10. Shimotakimas

Gilroys in the C league so i would also like to know where the league finals are.

11. K3vin

K3vin Regular Member

Thx man :D

C divs finals is held at live oak this year.... the one school with the REALLY dusty gym. :crying: I wish they would have held it somewhere closer to the other schools....

12. Shimotakimas

awww live oak.....the dark and creepy gym.....thats ok cause thats extremely close to gilroy. you still havent told me what school you go to.........

13. VietDragon

no i dont think live oak can beat the ultimately dusty courts at westmont...
    why are we having league finals there?!??! and yeh now i only have one more day to train for it :eek:

14. Shimotakimas

OK EVERYONE TELL WHAT SCHOOL YOURE FROM. Today was the first day of league finals. It went pretty well for me and my partner. We only lost once to james lick so we went to the losers bracket. From there, were climbing up so we might still be in the game! ^_^

ps. post what school youre from and what you playing (eg.mens double-gilroy high school)

15. K3vin

K3vin Regular Member

I think I know who you are.... Your playing with that cocky mofo.... We will be playing you tom in the quarter finals. Hes a quick log of my matches today!!!

Game 1: Wow, they sucked. lmao. We played in the mini gym with white walls so my partner was blind. 15-2, 15-10.

Game 2: We played in the gym again. Playing against 2nd seed. I believe they had illegal serves, lifting their backhand serve right before they serve. I will definitly call a serve judge if we play them again. We lost this one pretty bad. I kept on hitting into the net and they would smash EVERYTHING, and to make things worst, my partner was blind in that gym, so no smashes were stoped.

Game 3: Another easy win. They had some funky serve. The guy is like staring at some random place and serves. But we overcame that and kept them under 5 points each game.

Game 4: One of the worst teams ever. I was very lazy, so I cross droped everything. They never expected any of the drops lol. Kept them under 4 points each game.

Game 5: We played against our own team. They were seeded #1, but we managed to beat them in 3rd set. I wasn't trying so hard in this match, since their my friends. :crying:

Well, we are in the quarter finals now. I am pretty confident that we will make it past gilroy. I don't think we will make it past semis tho. Wish me luck, I think this is the first time a doubles team that our school has gone this far. :D

#15 K3vin, May 10, 2005
    Last edited: May 10, 2005
  16. Shimotakimas

you still havent told me what your school youre from.................................................................

are u from james lick? cause at the end mens doubles from the same school were going against each other.....it was an intense match

[edit] wait i think youre from pioneer. You beat down your own number 1 doubles from your own school. the last match the number 1 guy with glasses dove, hit it up, then someone on ur side smashed it and u guys won. Ill look for you tomorrow i guess.....

#16 Shimotakimas, May 10, 2005
    Last edited: May 10, 2005
  17. VietDragon

quick question before league finals.
    when playing doubles should u ever clear if it can be avioded?
    if so when?

18. K3vin

K3vin Regular Member

Uh, i only clear if the oponents play front and back to make them run around and set my partner up for a smash.

19. VietDragon

i see..
    how'd u do at league finals?

20. thevooster

thevooster Regular Member

Kevin lost. puahahah. Sucker. he got fourth place though and didn't win against Gilroy as he expected to. xD i'm so amused that you guys actually signed up for a badminton forum online. Hardcore Hardcore.

In any case, league finals at Live Oak was sooo much fun. Wooot. can't wait until next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.