(sg)don't Go For Re-strings At Captain Sports

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by tangle, May 7, 2005.

1. tangle

tangle Regular Member

student
    THE ONE JUST OUTSIDE HEARTLAND MALL !!!!! Only 2 word to describe them .... THEY SUX:mad: Yesterday after my badminton session with some of my friends , my string feels dead on both my rackets( Proace Ti-Killer and Yones Cab 30 ms) They told me that i can collect both rackets today after 6pm.... then when i went there to collect , i check the stringing and they did a sloppy job with the re-stringing but i left it as it as because i thought that maybe after playing for a while they would be ok.... At the same time, to my horror i saw scratches on both my rackets and not only 1 short scratch but multiple scratches that were deep ... even the black part of the racket itself came out ..... they also burst my grommets on not just 1 of my rackets but both of them ... And they only compensated me with 2 grips that cost around $15 for both ...... If next time i want to sell my rackets , i would have to suffer great losses .... and the person crapped about how the grommet would burst due to the pulling of the strings.... But i told them that when i re-stringed both rackets at 10&10 there was neither a single grommet burst nor a single scratch ... but the person just kept insisting that it was very normal for all other customers he re-stringed for ... he said that everytime they came for a re-string , they would have to change 5-8 grommets at $0.50-$1 each .... even though i re-stringed at 10&10 at 24 lbs each, nothing was wrong but i re-stringed both my rackets 22X24 lbs at captain sports , such crappy things happened .... i re-stringed both my rackets with bg-80 at $18 each which is more expensive than at 10&10 by around $3 each and got an even more sloppy work than at 10&10 ...... It just boils down to 1 thing:THEY ARE DAMN INEXPERIENCED STRINGERS WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OR EVEN RESPECT RACKETS !!!!!!!! SO HEED MY ADVICE AND DON'T GO THERE FOR RE-STRINGING !!!! ANOTHER POINT TO CONSIDER: MY RACKETS ARE NOT EVEN 6 MONTHS OLD !!!

2. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    What a bunch of bull. They are sad liars man. Poor business ethics. Cheating people off, damaging property. $1 per grommet? Wow that is news for me... if memory serves me well, even bluejeff gets them for free and it's not one measely grommet it's one whole packet.

Grips costing $15?? What grips are those?? Made from nano-cloth or something?? My god... you really got ripped off bad. Some sort of compensation. Rubbish, pure rubbish. It's sad to see such business is being conducted in Singapore.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience, hopefully bfers will take your advice and steer clear from them and help spread the word around.

3. mankind

mankind Regular Member

dun trust 10 & 10 either. dey all suck at restringin. go queensway restring. dey use fingernails instead of the sharp tools. very delicate n meticulous.

nv buy frm 10 & 10 either. dey psycho u into buyin their raqs~ haha

4. Arcos

Arcos Regular Member

u gotta see who is the one that is stringing ur racket, if its a young teenager, be careful about it, my friend got his mp99 strung by him and the tension was uneven. the feeling of the strings was just crap, but if strung by the auntie(not too sure about the salesman David), she is quite good at stringing and does a decent job.

i'll be sure to avoid that shop that does such a crappy stringing job. Do a crappy stringing job still not too bad, but damaging the rackets in the process just sucks big time :(

5. tangle

tangle Regular Member

student

the stringing done by the auntie at 10&10 is quite good ... and ya i'm one of their victims:D bought my ti-killer there but now i think it became a killer without the murder intent:crying:

6. tangle

tangle Regular Member

student

eh... sorry if i'm unclear about the grips .... it $15 for 2 grips .... 1 is a cyber tech and the is a aero tech

7. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Lol. Still it's a rip off imho.... I rather pay $4 for a karakal PU super grip or $12 for Yonex supergrap....

8. Kai91

Kai91 Regular Member

Student
    Yup... Prolly made for special purpose on special weapons. They might never spoil too:p

But nanostuff? Prolly cost you $100/grip

9. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

Now then you know. That time i went buying the bag with promotion outside the shop, i had already felt the uncle is a bad stringer. He gives me unexplainable stringing guide which he did to you. I ask if he got bg68ti, he told me he have to get it in his store later. I saw many rackets hanging on his shop counter which got a lot scratches on it. :rolleyes: I wonder at the moment if i should let him do it. On heard he dun have the string, i bought only the big bag outside. Which is pretty fine... You can judge by seeing the stringing machine inside his shop btw. He put on a coffee metal steel table which is low, cause reflection, he is old, eyes might not be as good as young man and he can't probably be so short huh? He had to bend down to string rackets..... HELL NO.

At yishun chong pang got 1 indian shop also broke my grommets and crack my racket surfaces. My racket is that rare and he crack it that time. WTH :mad:. That time i dunno, then suaysuay walk off sadly. I think he dunno, he strung it @ 30lbs. He thought every racket can string at 30lbs. ZZZ. Though he got plenty of business, he broke my yamaha racket ! Which is that rare that even if you want it, you cannot find it around GRR. :mad:

10. tangle

tangle Regular Member

student
    i saw alot of reckets in his collection box for re-string that's y i assume that he offers good re-stringing services ....never judge a book by its cover ... these types of people should stay out of the stringing business and let the pros do the job ... if not a lot of ppl are going to suffer injustice .... wish got someone go report to CASE:D

11. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

report to consumer department? >.<

12. daringkidz

daringkidz Regular Member

You should go to queensway..I believe they offer the best restringing services in Singapore..

Sad to hear that your Ti-killer got scratched..I got one too so I can feel your pain...hell I wouldn't let anyone except myself touch it, let alone scratch it...

13. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

Can someone post Ti-killer racket pictures? never see it before :p

14. daringkidz

daringkidz Regular Member

Haha..i dun have a digital camera so I can't show you...but it has a silver frame and black coloured frame..in short its a sexy racket..:D

15. bigbreakfast

bigbreakfast New Member

What do u mean uneven? please define...thanks :rolleyes: Tight? loose?
    when ur friend strung the racket?

16. tangle

tangle Regular Member

student
    i can't seem to post pictures .... sorry ...... but anyway my digital camera is also a lousy 1 .....

17. Arcos

Arcos Regular Member

some strings are tighter then the other, its not like wat some ppl do with the mains being the tightest and gradually decreasing the tension as it goes further away from the sweetspot.

its like randomly some strings are tighter then others, the racket was strung at 24lbs, but when i tried hitting the shuttle, the feel and sound of it was very "flat" like it was strung at a much lower tension.

well, at least his racket wasn't damage....i think :p

18. fanatico

fanatico Regular Member

Student
    hahah. we know you are trying to prevent a repeat of what happened to you and you are being helpful here. but probably this isnt the right place to badmouth them? their business will be affected. i dont know. pardon me but i just feel that way.

19. Jansenkzh

Jansenkzh Regular Member

you need to edit the size of the image you are posting.... the size...

20. tangle

tangle Regular Member

student
    think that this time it should work .... Thanks to Jansenkzh;) but be warned ..... the picture quality sux ....

Attached Files: