User Tag List

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if this is OT but:

What other products are worth getting at Sport Marketing / First Sport besides Yonex Badminton Racquets?

How about Tennis racquets? Are Yonex tennis racquets also cheaper, and do they have other brands etc?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by storkbill
    Sorry if this is OT but:

What other products are worth getting at Sport Marketing / First Sport besides Yonex Badminton Racquets?

How about Tennis racquets? Are Yonex tennis racquets also cheaper, and do they have other brands etc?

Thanks
    Hi storkbill,

At Sports Marketing and First Sports, you will find:

- A good selection of Gosen, Kason, Winex and RSL rackets. The Diamond X1 feels good but cost as much as the yonex TH. Believe the Winex rackets are made for the Thai market and quality differs from the Winex "Made in Taiwan" versions.

- yonex JP insoles.

- strings and overgrips from yonex, gosen, etc.

- certain models of rackets bags (eg. yonex) not available in Singapore

- OEM Made-in Thailand towel grips which cost around 100 baht per dozen ie S$0.42 per piece. Comes in assorted colors. imho quality is not bad for S$0.42 but not as lasting as the Pacific towel grips.

Along the same street, you can also find:

a) Parrot Sports which i understand from this forum that they distribute Gosen rackets and other gosen products. Also carries RSL badminton rackets and Wilson tennis rackets.
    b) a sports shop which sells wilson tennis/badminton products
    c) FBT sports shop which carries soccer gear and distributes Fischer badminton and tennis rackets.
    d) Sports Mind - a badminton shop opposite FBT and owned by Sports Marketing

I could not find any good deals for tennis racquets but you can try the Yonex showroom at Central World Plaza (formerly known as World Trade Centre) which has reopened recently. The showroom size has shrunk by half. I found Yonex original shoe laces and Made-in-Thailand Yonex towel grips.

If you have time, you can go window shopping at various Super Sports outlets in Bangkok. Suggest Central World Plaze, Siam Paragon, Central Chidlom and Emporium. Tennis rackets in Bangkok are rather expensive imho.

PS. Bring lots of cash to Sanam Suk. But Sports Marketing do accept credit cards with a surcharge. I believe the nearest money changer is across the street at Tesco Lotus supermarket. If you cannot find Sports Marketing/First Sports, ask for location of Tesco Lotus supermarket. Have fun shopping!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going off the Mark, Can somebody say if Prince Badminton Rackets are Sold in Bangkok ?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw some Prince rackets at Super Sports but believe they are not from the top range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks sealman for the info. I purchased from Sport Marketing because First Sport didn't have 7700 and the Sport Marketing guy can speak some english....

but... apparently there's a new policy from the distributor that racquets must be sold with BG65! I asked whether can get a different string, eg: by topping up a bit, he said not possible because of distributor's rules, all racquets must come with a pack of BG65. (stringing for 50 baht extra).

So here are the prices (inclusive 1 pack of BG65)
    NS6000: 3450 baht
    NS7700: 4350 baht
    both only in 3U, G4 and G5 sizes available.

I got one of my racquets strung and had a game later that night in my hotel badminton court... i just 'dropped in' and the group of thais playing there invited me... very nice people... if any of you read these forums thanks a lot for the games

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're welcome storkbill. out of curiousity, which hotel did u stay at? wasnt aware there are badminton courts in bangkok hotels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sealman
    you're welcome storkbill. out of curiousity, which hotel did u stay at? wasnt aware there are badminton courts in bangkok hotels.
    Pathumwan Princess a 4-star hotel, next to National Stadium BTS They have a huge and excellent gym/sports centre and the badminton court has (1) dark green walls (2) side lighting and not overhead lighting. (3) rubber mat type. Only thing no aircon so probably very hot in the hot months, but now quite cool. Court rental is 100 baht/hour for members/guests.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks storkbill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by storkbill
    Pathumwan Princess a 4-star hotel, next to National Stadium BTS They have a huge and excellent gym/sports centre and the badminton court has (1) dark green walls (2) side lighting and not overhead lighting. (3) rubber mat type. Only thing no aircon so probably very hot in the hot months, but now quite cool. Court rental is 100 baht/hour for members/guests.

Good choice you did storkbill. Pathumwan Princess Hotel is a nice place to stay. Walking distance to most major shopping areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just come back from First Sports. Things are now different. MP99 is sold at 3450Bht=100usd. I tried to pursuade the shop keeper to have a better discount but failed. Now the value of USD is reducing so the price of racket may no longer be attractive.

When I told this story to one from Indonesia, he said the price of MP99 is around 55USD in his country. Anybody from Indonesia wants to comment?

The shop keeper, an elder woman with chinese face, could speak a little English. The rest does not but can understand the name of rackets and other stuffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yonex

Does anyone know what the prices and places to buy in PHuket?

MP-99
    MP-77
    Cab 30MS

SHB-70,90,89,98,99 yonex shoes

would it be close to what is in bangkok.

I'm trying find a store ther eif anyone can direct me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all,

planning to be in bangkok by the end of the month and wanted to buy some rackets. Do you know until what time the stores are open?

cheers,
    nosmash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nosmash View Post
    hi all,

planning to be in bangkok by the end of the month and wanted to buy some rackets. Do you know until what time the stores are open?

cheers,
    nosmash
    Around 8.30 a.m.-6.00 p.m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around 8.30 a.m.-6.00 p.m.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Andy. One more question, is the National Stadium near the Amari Hotel Watergate?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am going to bangkok area soon, can anyone help me to show me the First Sports shop located in which building...?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there Gosen rackets in Thailand? Gosen Roots Aermet 6900? How much does it cost? and a pack of BG80? Thanks

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast