how to make a shoe bigger to fit my foot?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by frankcent, May 9, 2005.

1. frankcent

frankcent Regular Member

I ordered a pair of yonex shb 99 mx online without trying them out. I measured my left foot, which is 27cm long so I ordered US size 10. when they came, I found that the left shoe fit perfectly while the right shoe is a lil bit smaller for my right foot. then, I measured my right foot, which is suprisingly .5 cm longer than my left foot and a little bit wider too. so the shoe length and width do not fit very well. the right shoe makes my right foot really uncomfortable during games although I can bear the pain a little bit. I am wondering if there is any efficient/ fast way to stretch the shoe to fit my foot.

thanks.

2. bguy7890

bguy7890 Regular Member

There is a kind of spray that helps to expand shoe size. I saw that in the shoe department at The Bay. I assume any major retail shoe store should have it. Basically, you need to spray your shoe just before wearing it and it will help to expand you shoe's size over time.

3. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
  4. cheung31

cheung31 Regular Member

wow what great inventions!!

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Frankcent,

This device mentioned by others are used by specialty shoes stores that sells leather shoes and other high couture shoes. You could actually go into one of them and request that your shoe be "broken-in". I was also shown a long clamp-like device that can spot stretch specific areas on the shoe. The store I went was Shoe Warehouse in D/T Vancouver along Granville Street. They said that they provide the service for free, but I would buy something cheap off them or tip them. Hope this helps.

6. RAMADA77

RAMADA77 Regular Member

Student
    Frankcent
    You may wish to try this suggestion out which I saw on TV a few days ago.Fill a strong plastic bag with suficient water to be equivalent to the volume of your badminton shoe which is too tight. Then tie a strong knot in the top to prevent leakage. Insert the bag of water into the shoe and ensure that the water filled bag extends right into the toe area & then put it into the freezer at least overnight but until the water has turned to solid ice. Remove the shoe from the freezer let the ice defrost and allow the shoe to dry naturally. The expansion of the water into ice will stretch the shoe and it should be a more comfortable fit. If you only want the toe area to expand than just put a smaller bag of water into that area and use foam or paper packing in the rest of the shoe to ensure it stays in place.
    It may be a good idea to place the whole shoe in an extra plastic bag to avoid it getting too wet.
    It worked well on TV so it may be a low cost alternative way of solving the problem.
    That's if you have room in your freezer ?

All the best

Martin :) :)

7. Jinryu

Jinryu Regular Member

Librarian, RacketsportsMontreal.ca owner
    Maybe try wearing two different sized socks as well?:rolleyes:

8. Robin (SWE)

Robin (SWE) Regular Member

Student
    I've always used the 'wet sock' tecnique.:cool:

I wear a fairly wet sock in the shoe and walk around quite alot and somehow it worked on the few shoes I tried it with.
    I read the ice bag idea which sounds great but I don't know if it would affect the rubber on the sole negatively? If it would, then I'd stuff it hard paper or something that presses from the inside.

Good luck

9. frankcent

frankcent Regular Member

super cool. thank you guys.:)