MP99 / MP100 /NANO 8K Which one ??

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by valkyier, May 10, 2005.

1. valkyier

valkyier Regular Member

Hi, I am starting a new thread as its off topic from my the other thread. Anyway, I cantacted my friend again. He was sorry for cheating me but he said he really did not know that it was a fake piece he sold me(he merely took it from his father and passed it to me). Anyway, I am going to get rid of the fake racquet and get a new one... I'm a smash type user and more towards the offense side...I was wondering what racquets should I be going for. I feel very good with MP99(the real one. Tried it from my friend to compare with the fake one. There was a lot of difference) but I thought since im getting a new piece, why don't i try something different...can anyone reccomend me???

Nano 8000 seems to be quite similar to MP99 (I concluded by browsing the threads) while MP100 seems better than MP99 in terms of smashes( but gotta hit the sweet spot to get the ultimate effect). Nano 7k is light headed so I dun actually feel like getting that one as I would not be able to smash as hard...

Correct me if im wrong in mentioning any info on comparing racquets above.

2. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

You know, I never get tired of saying this. Never!

Try the rackets out for yourself. Don't rely only on reviews.

Aside from that...

- Mp100 is probably the most extreme of these rackets. It has a slow, heavy swing and is not maneuverable. Some people will get lots of power out of this. I don't like it.

- Mp99 performs well in all areas and suits most playing styles. Can't go wrong with Mp99!

- I haven't tried Ns8000, so can't help you.

#2 Gollum, May 10, 2005
    Last edited: May 10, 2005
  3. valkyier

valkyier Regular Member

Yeah...i agree...shouldn't have posted this...its a waste

4. valkyier

valkyier Regular Member

One more thing, is there a racquet that resemblence MP99 from yonex series??

5. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    NS8000 is having the power of MP100 and the light weight of MP99.

MP100 is good if you have good wrist power. Generally, MP100 is too stiff for most asians....

Thanks.

6. valkyier

valkyier Regular Member

Im generally quite confident about my wrist power...besides, when I tested the original MP99 version, strung at 22lbs, I felt a lot of vibration on my hand when I smashed meaning that the shock absorbtion was not as good however, the power delivered was great.Afterwhich, I changed back to my fake MP99 ... so I did 't test much...anyway, judging from the shock I experienced, does it mean that I have good wrist power and does it mean I should probably get MP100??
    Does MP100 has the same manueverability as MP99 ??