User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

indeed a tragedy..
    wasn't there a Korean guy died after playing PS/Xbox nonstop, not too long ago ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but playing PS/Xbox is not a sport.

Quote Originally Posted by roby2003
    indeed a tragedy..
    wasn't there a Korean guy died after playing PS/Xbox nonstop, not too long ago ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the readers might remember ?

I remember one incident few years back at the US open held in anaheim at the Orange County Badminton Club (OCBC),98 ?

One of the players from Canada ( if I remember correctly) felt on her back, while trying to recover a shot, she scream so load " somebody please help me !!", the whole gym went dead silence for a few minutes, the incident went so fast, no one know exactly what had happened or type of injury she sustained from the fall, after being attended by the paramedic for a few minutes, she was standing up, walking off the court. and thanks God, she was OK.

We have some players in the club using fake Yonex they bought from China, reading some of the posting about flying rackets, maybe I should stop playing with those guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    at least he died happy
    LOL i was thinking about that also didnt say it though 'cuz he might haunt me, now at least theres the 2 of us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cracked my racquet on mrs. badrad's head...

I am in the doghouse for a few days. I broke my new racquet, but it was the fact that I broke it over mrs. badrad's head that has me in the bad...

we were having some fun beating up a couple of boys last nite. NOW... My story is that the mid court lift was deeper than I thought and that mrs. badrad backed up into my smash follow through. Her story is that it was a mid-court floater and that I reached out too far...

The entire gym could hear the "crack". She winced - but not a single tear. We then completed the game (we did a 15-1 on the boys). I think the boys got real scared of mrs. badrad when they saw her just shake it off and continue playing like nothing happened.

mrs. badrad has forbidden me from throwing away that racquet, as she wants to keep it to show everyone what I did to her...

well... at least i didn't kill her... with all that guilt she is giving me, maybe, just maybe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might as well build a kitchen, and comfy bunk in that doghouse, badrad. Sounds like you gonna be there a while! Bwahahahahahhaa ...

Ouch! for Mrs Badrad. BAD DOG! BAAAAAAAAAD DOG!

How's her head this morning? Headaches, bumps?

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    I am in the doghouse for a few days .
    Being a bit optimistic here I see.

Hope Mrs.Badrad is okay. Feel really sorry for Badrad....oops. Mrs Badrad I meant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I hope Mrs. Badrad is okay too . Now the boys will spread rumours of the terminator couple !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Poor Raquet

I feel sorry for the raquet haha j/k. I hpoe Mrs Badrad is ok. Guess we won't be seeing you for a while at britania. I hope you didn't do it on purpose so you can meet someone daughter like you told me last saturday HMMMMM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrus
    I feel sorry for the raquet haha j/k. I hpoe Mrs Badrad is ok. Guess we won't be seeing you for a while at britania. I hope you didn't do it on purpose so you can meet someone daughter like you told me last saturday HMMMMM
    That someone's daughter is just about 8 weeks old... maybe when I am collecting pension, she would be just at the right age. never too old for XD...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwcbro
    Being a bit optimistic here I see.

Hope Mrs.Badrad is okay. Feel really sorry for Badrad....oops. Mrs Badrad I meant
    I called her at work, and she replied "badrad? who's badrad"... then she exclaimed "Oh Yeh! The Dork that whacked me on the HEAD!"... yeh, she's likely to keep this hanging over me for some time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I called her at work, and she replied "badrad? who's badrad"... then she exclaimed "Oh Yeh! The Dork that whacked me on the HEAD!"... yeh, she's likely to keep this hanging over me for some time...
    u must hide that broken racket or it'll be a sloooooooow death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure she used dork, right?

-dave

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    You sure she used dork, right?

-dave
    i recall the word she used was more like a slang for a part of the male anatomy... the part of me that i think she will try to break her racquet on, next time we play together... probably more of a drive shot than a smash...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, Mrs. Badrad is one tough cookie! The boys on the other side probably see her in a new light and started lifting their shots to avoid her wrath. It's their instinctual protection mechanism: She has to take out on the opponents as she couldn't actually take it out on her errant partner. Poor guys must have been severely punished when they direct any returns to her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading news on cbc.ca, like I do everyday, and I noticed this story. It made me remember this thread right away. It is truly sad how a friendly sport such as badminton can actually cause death. Anyone know any more details on this article?

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...ent051117.html

Student dies during badminton practice
    Last Updated Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:21:41 EST
    CBC News

A 17-year-old Toronto girl collapsed and died during badminton practice Thursday at a private girls high school.
    Jennifer Lou, a boarding student from Taiwan, collapsed at Bishop Strachan School.
    Staff performed CPR on Lou but she could not be revived and was pronounced dead in hospital.
    School officials were not aware of any pre-existing health conditions Lou may have had, according to reports.
    The school has notified her parents who are in Taiwan. They have also brought in grief counsellors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SChan
    ...It is truly sad how a friendly sport such as badminton can actually cause death...
    It is sad when we hear things like this, but typically it is not badminton but an underlying medical condition that is the cause of death.

The fact that she was playing badminton (it could have been any other sport or exercise) was just the catalyst for her condition.

Cheers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast