China Dominance In Ws CANT LAST LONG

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by the_way, May 10, 2005.

1. the_way

the_way Regular Member

currently, china only have 2 good women single players, zhang ning, and xie xingfang....

zhou mi and gong ruina are no longer invincible and we can see their reputation have been shattered by players like tracey hallam and japanese ladies.

i predict that mia,jun jae youn, eriko hirose and wong mew choo(one of them) will break zhang and xie's winnning streak......

jun and wong were injured last year and i believe they will bounce back strongly...with the guidance of li mao....wong mew choo can learn the chinese gals technique.:D (she gave a very very good fight to zhang in back to back encounter)

jun is the player who will never give up...i still remember how well she played against gong ruina,zhou mi and zhang ning in 2003....she manage to play rubber game in a few encounters with them.

but...out of all...still mia audina is the best hope to stop xie and zhang....she is the last non chinese player to beat zhang ning .....it is up to her....i mean her fitness....if she were fitter in athens...no doubt zhang ning will go back with silver...i still remember how strong and skillful she was in the first game (many think that zhang ning will lost)....until the middle of the 2nd game...she began to slow down......earlier, she even outclassed gong ruina whom many believed that gong's performance was at peak in athens.

2. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    There is a difference between winning streak and dominance. Although Xie's and Zhang Ning's wining streak may be ended by non Chinese (although unlikely), they will continue to dominate women singles until the way that women's game is played is changed.

3. other

other Regular Member

Student
    lol...2 "good" players...who are ranked 1&2 in the world:D and have together contested the finals of the last open they played in (japan 05), the one before that (AE 05), and the one before that (German 05), and XXF won the Indonesian 04, ZN got the singapore 04.....etc etc

mmm that's a bit harsh on tracy hallam and the relevant japanese ladies:rolleyes:

right...i also predict that pi hongyan, yao jie, wang chen, xu huaiwen, tracey hallam etc etc will also break their winning streak (one of them)....

no one said they are invincible:confused:...they are just dominant at the moment
    mmm didn't li mao coach in korea for a while before his current job in malaysia? mmmm why was gong, zhou mi invicible then? mmm maybe li mao failed to teach the technique to JJY, SYH etc?;)

"she manage to play rubber games in a FEW encounters with them"

nuff said:cool:
    best hope? lol...that just sounds so anti-XXF and ZN.
    what does that say about the dominance?
    well, if ZN had a better jump smash:cool: then no doubt mia audina would go home with silver...hindsight is a wonderful thing? if LWW and CTF had better concentration, then the danes would have not won the AE2004? If Lin Dan had been playing at his best then Chen hong would not have won AE2005? If Peter gade was fitter, he would have beaten LD in AE2004?

mm ps chinese domination...as of the 5th may world rankings, all 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 are of chinese origin;) while some players have moved to other countries, u cannot deny that they are of chinese ethnic origin.

sorry about the rant, it just seems that people have a bit of a problem against the chinese doing well. *cue stuff about drug taking i presume:rolleyes:* why dont you knock robertson/emms (who has improved massively looking at her play and results) who have gone on a nice winning streak?

#3 other, May 10, 2005
    Last edited: May 10, 2005
  4. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    He's from japan, he probably has a thing against China j/k lol. :p

China's dominance of the top 2 women probably won't last long mainly because ZN might retire before 2008 Olympics. But then again, I'm sure China would probably have another prodigious player take ZN's place.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    yes, nothing last forever but how LONG is long :confused: :p
    i doubt LYB even thinking about 2012 olympic, yet LOL :p

btw, the chinese WS need the competition or they'll be slacking off :D

#5 cooler, May 10, 2005
    Last edited: May 10, 2005
  6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Chinese WS recent dominance was also helped by having 4 top players in the top 10 that helped wear out other top players like Camilla Martin and Mia Audina. However, ZN is retiring soon, Gong and Zhou are not playing well. Young players like Jiang Yanjjao, Yuan Ting, Wei Yan and Wang Rong can't move up to the elite class. Very soon, Xie XF will have to fight the rest of world by herself. That's quite like Ye Zhaoying's situation 10 years ago. Who knows, there can be another Bang Soo Hyun coming out from Korea and Susi Susanti coming out from Indonesia very soon challenging Xie XF again. It should be good for the badminton world.

7. the_way

the_way Regular Member

Originally Posted by the_way
    jun and wong *o is on the other side of the keyboard to a if u meant wang* were injured last year and i believe they will bounce back strongly...with the guidance of li mao....wong mew choo can learn the chinese gals technique.:D (she gave a very very good fight to zhang in back to back encounter)

mmm didn't li mao coach in korea for a while before his current job in malaysia? mmmm why was gong, zhou mi invicible then? mmm maybe li mao failed to teach the technique to JJY, SYH etc

errrmm......it looks like some people r not well informed about ability of players like jun jae youn and mong mew choo.....

both of them were injured in 2004 and that was the reason they appaeared rarely in international scene and jun was injured in olympic.....

these two ladies have the amazing ability to retrieve every shots and good fitness.....if they can use more deceptive drop shots and cross court......no doubt they can make it to at least semi final in big tournament.....

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i had a discussion of this topic during a club play tonite.
    i heard that china has 3 eager jr WS waiting to be pn the A team.
    they played one high profile tournament and they are finished in the semi's.
    dont worry about china WS ;) :p

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Now if I remember correctly, XXF was an Asian Badminton Champion perhaps 4 years ago, didn't play in many tournaments for about two or three years, and then had her current period of exposure.

There may be others around like her lurking in the background.

10. other

other Regular Member

Student
    ah what can you do?

I didnt say anything about these player's abilities or technique...i was just pointing out that Li Mao had worked in korea before;)

11. other

other Regular Member

Student

chinese WS recent dominance was helped by having 4 top players. full stop. surely if there were 4 top players of different nationalities CM and MA would still get worn out playing them en route to the finals?

(alright point conceeded about the match *fixing*/one game rule:D)

12. ina_for_china

ina_for_china Regular Member

secret
    NO WAY,,,,, with ZHU LIN,LULAN,JIANG YANJIAO,WANG LIN,WANG YIHAN, And also ZHU JINGJING(She beat wang yihan this year in austria international)....china still the best,,,no other young players from another country can threat them...JIA YOU

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Looking back the thread created 2 years ago, I can only shaking my head. :eek:

It's true that Zhou Mi and Gong Ruina are no longer there, but Jun and Mia are gone as well. I know recently, seems Pi and Wong moved their level by at least 1 level, but so as the CHN young guns, such as Zhu Lin, Lu Lan, Wang Lin, Wang Yihan and Jiang Yanjiao. Of course, they are still lacking of expereince and/or consistency, but it's just a matter of time. Remember, it takes XXF long enough to even be in the top 3 of CHN team.

If ppl like Pi, Wang Chen, Xu, Yao or Wong MC can hold the timing well, they can get some titles before themselves retire due to ages. However, the overall dominance still belongs to CHN, as a team.

14. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    dun rule out lu lan, zhu lin....

n of cuz cute wang lin and wang yihan... they are still young.. :D

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Indonesia have contenders who are the same age as Zhu Lin and Lu Lan:
    Maria Kristin, Firdasari, Fransisca Ratnasari and Rosaria Pungkasari... :)

And we have [Under 20] players who are counterparts of Wang Yihan, Wang Lin, and Jiang Yanjiao: Pia Zebaidah, Aprilia Yuswandari, Belleatrix Manuputu, Maria Febe, Linda Weni, Sylvinna Kurniawan... :D :D :D

Indonesia is the only country who was able to win the Uber Cup aside from China in the past 14 years [1994 and 1996]. Even though our star is not shining bright today, ...we shall be back! ;)

Note: after Joko Supriyanto resigned from PBSI [late last year] and Hendrawan-Marleve took over...
    • Sony have beaten Bao Chunlai [at the Swiss Open] and took Lin Dan to rubber sets [at the All England]...
    • Simon Santoso has beaten Chen Yu [at the Swiss Open] and Chen Jin [at the Asian Games]...
    • The WS team is under the same coaches. They will do better soon enough. Let's just see the Asian Championship results.

16. ina_for_china

secret
    disgustingggggggggggggggggggg,,,,,
    cannot compare them...
    ZHU LIN and lu lan has won super series and 6 star tournament.......how about maria kristin,fransisca,firdasari,etc???????poooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WANG YIHAN,won world cup
    wang lin,won china master
    JIang yanjiao,won denmark open(5 star)....how about pia,,,aprilia and other?????,,,,,,REALLY NOT LEVEL WITH THE CHINESSE....
    sonny lost to lin dan,,,,,,simon lost to chen jin.....in swiss
    you are really make me laughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    CHINA is better.........than any country,,,,,
    be realized
    be mature don't be childish

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^You speak the truth..^^

..and nothing but the truth;) ...(And like what many BCers have mentioned before)I think that's reality and it's going to be that way for a while, no matter what other countries(INA, MAS, KOR) try to do or end up finishing...:p ;)...The players from those countries might steal a couple titles here & there, but probably without most if not all of the top CHN WS players competing..;)

#17 ctjcad, Mar 26, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2007
  18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Chinese WS? Not going to dominate forever!

Ha ha ha ha ha, a very funny response... Ok ok. Nobody is saying that Indonesia shall beat China very very soon. Of course I know that the Chinese WS today are better than Indonesia's WS in general today. [And yes, they are way more accomplished at this point of 2007, ha ha ha, true true]

Yet, ...Indonesia's bleak results of today won't last forever. I am old enough to witness the days when Indonesia's MS was very very very dominant in the late 1970s and early 1980s. We lost the Thomas Cup only once [to Malaysia] between 1958 to 1982. Yet.....Indonesia's MS dominance did not last.

Then Chinese badminton decided to enter the 'normal' world badminton community... and I experienced the Chinese MS and WS when they were VERY dominant in the late 1980s with Zhao Jianhua, Yang Yang, Xiong Guobao etc. in the MS and Han Aiping, Li Lingwei, etc. in the WS. They were talented, dedicated and in every way real champions. At that time, China won every title imaginable. Yet.......China's dominance did not last! ;)

By early 1990s through mid 1990s, most of the top 10 MS players are from Indonesia [Alan Budikusuma, Ardy Wiranata, Joko Suprianto, Harianto Arbi, Hermawan Susanto, Hendrawan, Lioe Tiong Ping, Fung Permadi, Marleve Mainaky etc.]. They won every title imaginable too. Including winning the Thomas Cup 5 times, holding on to it between 1994 to 2004. Yet.....that dominance did not last.

Also around the same time... Susi Susanti, Bang Soo Hyun, Mia Audina, Yuliani Sentosa, Camilla Martin, Yuni Kartika etc. were very strong forces in the world's WS scene... Fact: China could not win the Olympic MS and WS Gold until Sydney 2000. [Let's not talk about Gold, actually, China could not even get a WS Silver back in Barcelona 1992 and Atlanta 1996] Indonesia won the Uber Cup twice and Korea won the Sudirman Cup. No Chinese dominance there.

Today, China is dominant in MS and WS. But in the future, let's say 5-10 years... mmmmm.... we shall see... :)

For further enlightenment, please visit BWF's www.internationalbadminton.org for the historical ranking data and other championship accomplishment. If we study history, we shall understand the present better. We shall also be able to predict the future better. :)

19. ina_for_china

secret
    o yeah....TANG JIUHONG WON 1991 WORL DCHAMPION TITTLE,,,,
    YE ZHAOYING in 1995 and 1997
    and who yuliani sentosa and yuni kartika?????they even cannot compare to han jingna or dai yun....GE FEI GU JUN unbeaten and won 1996 and 2000 olympic gold............................
    YOU SHOULD know.that in the era of susi and bang,,,,,,CHINA has YE ZHAOYING who can beat susy,,,,,,,but now when china had XIE XINGFANG,,,whose indonesian player can beat her????it mean that china always produce a world class player in each generation,,,,while ina?????so saddddddddddddd,,,,after susy and mia(whom also chinesse ethnic) who the hell from indonesia can challenge ZHANG and XIE..........
    after LI LINGWEI And HAN AIPING,,,cina produce
    TANG JIUHONG AND HUANG HUA,,,after that
    YE ZHAOYING AND HAN JINGNA,after that
    GONG ZHICHAO AND DAI YUN,after them
    GONG RUINA AND ZHOU MI, after that,
    ZHANG NING AND XIE XING FANG.....also zhu lin lulan JYJ WL WYH,etc
    They are world class player.......................
    not like ina,,,just susi and mia era,,,,,,after that,,,no world class player anymore,,,,,,,KASIANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN DEH LOEEEEEEEEEE.....

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

history is only good IF u understand it. Back then, INA was well off with oil money but in 2004 INA became an net importer of oil. It's about same time INA badminton start declining. Coincidence?? hehe

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36834&highlight=grim