Possible Broken Racket???

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by LelandH, May 11, 2005.

1. LelandH

LelandH Regular Member

I sustained a huge racket clash last night. My partner's racket broke in two places (3 and 9 o'clock), while I got a fairly deep gouge in the 3 o'clock position. My question is... how can I tell if my racket is fractured? When I play with it, sometimes it doesn't feel as solid when I hit the bird...but that could be my mind playing tricks on me. Is there some common charaterictics of a fractured racket?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    not much you can do to find out if it is fractured, and even if you do find out, there isn't much you can do about it anyway.

just enjoy playing with it while it is still good to play with.

3. LelandH

LelandH Regular Member

Your right Kwun, I guess I just wanted to reassure myself. In the meantime, I'll enjoy it while it's still in one piece.;)

4. Gundude

Gundude Regular Member

erm..

mabe if u shake it, u can hear the materials moving, to see if any internal structure

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree with kwun, as there's nothing much you can do at this moment, regardless whether it's already damaged or not. Just enjoy using it, as it was bought to be used, to suffer, and will somehow end its life in 1 day (hope not too soon, of course).

Most of the damage actually appears in our mind, rather than the physical racket itself. Once I got my cab30ms into a clash, I thought it would go away in any minute. Now, it stands for another 2-3 weeks already, and still served me well in some intensive games. Guess I will find out when I re-string it. :rolleyes: