The hardest smasher in the WORLD!!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Josh, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Josh

Josh Guest

What badminton player do you think, has the hardest smash?? Just out of my own curiosity to see what everyone thinks. THANX!

2. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Halim Haryanto

3. Rudesky

Rudesky Guest

Lim Swie King

4. jafryin

jafryin Guest

Halim Heryanto also...

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  6. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Right now, its Halim Haryanto.

But i think before, someone actually timed the smash, i remember it was previously held by Simon Archer. Then the record was taken over by Taufik Hidayat at something like 315km/h.

7. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Michael Lamp

Halim Haryanto does have an exceptional smash, but I'd say his placement is better than the actual power. I'd say that Michael Lamp from Denmark has the most powerful smash, although his placement is nowhere near that of Haryanto's. Overall, Lamp has the most powerful strokes I've seen. (Which just goes to show that power won't take you all the way -- his pair is ranked #10 at the moment... he's lacking too much in other areas.)

As to Taufik breaking Archer's record, well, a lot of people have done that, but Archer actually still holds the OFFICIAL record. Taufik's smash at 315 km/h that Byro mentioned was measured in Swiss Open if I remember correctly, and there were very few top players there... Plus, as I said, it was not an official record... I guess the IBF should put some more effort into this actually, it's good publicity-wise. And besides, it goes without saying that the hardest smasher should be a doubles player...

8. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Re: Michael Lamp

Erhh..

think Taufik's was just recorded 'as is' , not a so called record in the Guinness Book.

I agree, having seem Halim Haryanto play 'live' I was absolutely amazed at his smashes !

I was sitting some 5-6 metres behind Yudhi at the Singapore Open and I could actually hear the flight of the shuttle as well as the 'swoosh' of the racket from his smash. And the shuttle was almost like a ray of blur in flight !!!! And it wasn't once, but many, many times !! And another interesting thing is the sound he made at contact. There was no 'boom' or 'bang' but a sober 'piak' ... but the shuttle just flew off like a rocket and the rest of the 'sounds' from the shuttle flight and racket swing that followed .... !!

Even top European doubles players like Soogard and Paaske looked pretty harmless by comparison !!

If Tuafik hit 315 km/h, assumingly based on the hardest smash I saw him do at the Singapore Open, I would guage Halim's hardest one to be in the range of 350++ km/h !!

Just my thoughts and observations. I believe Yudhi or Byro would have similar observations and agree as well.

9. Tim

Tim Guest

What raquet were they using at the time?
    That would definitely make a huge difference...

10. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Who are you referring to ?

If its Taufik and Halim, both of them were using the MP-77.

11. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    I would like to goto bed with Halim
    He is sexy

12. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    I feel very sad whenever I read one of your postings because:
    1. Everyone knows you're not Byro-Nenium
    2. You've posted so many similar things that it's not even shocking anymore
    3. You remind me of a little kid who has learned a dirty word and goes around repeating it over and over, except little kids usually get tired of it and do something else.

Please grow up and find something better to do. You are wasting a perfectly good life.

13. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Yeah! I guess we should wring this guy's neck when we lay hands on him!

14. Billy

Billy Guest

Hi all, can u guys tell me that where would u guys know about the record of smashing power? any web site i can browse for it? thanks for regard!!!

15. Josh

Josh Guest

So who is the "fake" Byro Nenium???

16. Byro-Nenium

Undergrad
    We've been trying to find out. Its not going to be long till we do...... We have someone working on it now....... ;)

17. Brett

Brett Regular Member

A pathetic loser with no friends except his computer.

18. sam

sam Guest

the admin of this board should be able to trace the ip of everyone who posts in here, although that involves a bit of scripting... (and kwun has gone awol as of late...). even then, that would still be inconclusive.
    anyways, juvenile displays like that are at best mildly amusing, at worst can always be ignored.

------------------
    "you can never win an argument with an idiot - they'll take you down to their own level and beat you with experience."

19. Bobby

Bobby Guest

You're all wrong, the hardest smasher is me.