User Tag List

Page 1 of 108 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang pics.. ( 林丹 / 谢杏芳 )

just found these. quite interesting...
    Attached Images Attached Images            

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm. Kwun, you sure know how to search .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...haha...very "interesting" indeed...first time i've ever seen something like this

...this one however made me jump for a sec. didn't expect this from badminton. but then...who knows...perhaps it's the first step in westernizing badminton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually XXF is not bad looking eh? quite cute... my impressions of her all along was that she is a very fierce girl. in these pictures, she look ordinary, i might like someone like her hehe

but pic 3 from the top caught her at a bad light eh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are so cuuute !=p
    I found all pixs really great, This is a Good find Kwun that's excellent !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great find Kwun!

Lin Dan looks like one of those HK pop stars with that white get-up!
    The bamboo chair and couch really add a "homely" feel to the photos!

The two look very fitting together, and coincidentally both are world number ones! LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you believe in reincarnation, I want to be reincarnated into being one of their children ...I still think the pictures are a-little corney with the rackets and all, it feels like these people do everything with a badminton racket and think about badminton all the time....sorta weird in my opinion ....but nice and interesting pics..thanks for sharing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by V1lau
    If you believe in reincarnation, I want to be reincarnated into being one of their children ...I still think the pictures are a-little corney with the rackets and all, it feels like these people do everything with a badminton racket and think about badminton all the time....sorta weird in my opinion ....but nice and interesting pics..thanks for sharing
    Yeah, the racquet thing is really weird lol. They'd be better off without the racquets in the photos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trance
    Yeah, the racquet thing is really weird lol. They'd be better off without the racquets in the photos.
    yah, photo session done in a studio and those rackets aren't their either.
    I doubt viewers need badminton rackets to know who this pair are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great pictures. Oh yea, is lin dan cantonese or mandarin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave18
    Great pictures. Oh yea, is lin dan cantonese or mandarin?
    Neither I guess. Lin Dan is from FuJian province, which means he probably speaks
    the FuJian dialect at home, Fujian dialect is probably very similar to the dialect
    spoken by people from Taiwan. Since Lin Dan plays in the Chinese national team,
    I'd guess he at least speaks very fluent Mandarin, if not perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He not necessarly speaks Fujianese, as a friend of my comes from Fujian, but one of her parents was from Bejing, and she doesn't speak Fujianese.

From http://en.olympic.cn/news/athens_200...27/254303.html

Olympic Preview: Super Dan locks target on Olympic gold
    2004-07-27 09:26:00 Xinhuanet

BEIJING, July 26, 2004 (Xinhuanet) -- Lin Dan, All England champion who rocketed to the world top ranking from No. 15 in five months, has set his target on the gold medal in the Athens Olympic Games.

The 21-year-old Lin, who stands 1.76 meters, was born in southeast China's Fujian Province. Starting badminton training at the age of five, the left-hander was enlisted by the Army Club at 12, and then picked as a member of the national team at 18. Relying on his extraordinary footwork and quick mind, he mainly plays defense on the court, punctuated with sharp sudden strikes.

Since last September, Lin has swept five titles in IBF badminton open series, namely Denmark Open, Hong Kong Open, China Open, Swiss Open and All England Open. He even earned the title of"Super Dan" after Swiss Open 2004.

In 2004 Thomas Cup, playing as the first men's singles, he crushed all the opponents he met, without even losing a set. He has occupied the world No. 1 spot for about half a year, leaving his compatriot Chen Hong, No. 2 far behind.

How could the Chinese youngster emerge from nowhere into the leading role in two years?

"As a bold player, he exhibits a killing instinct on the court,having the potential to become a world-class masterhand," said hiscoach Zhong Bo.

Lin Dan, however, attributed his success to hard training, asserting that the basic skills resulting from hard work beget intelligence and technique he now possesses.

Li Yongbo, head coach of the Chinese national team, praised thetwo unique abilities Lin Dan boasts, one is his extraordinary understanding and use of tactics on the court, the other is his quick-start ability, which could find no match in his contemporaries.

In contrast to his predecessors, Lin Dan likes to show off on the court. He is regarded as a cool person with his standing hair and rectangled collar.

When victory is imminent, he will clap his racket, asking for the applause from the spectators, while stripping off his T-shirt after victory is his reserved performance.

Though reigning in IBF Open series, Super Dan has never captured a world or Olympic title. Athens Olympics will be the best venue for him to exert all his talent and win the most coveted honor.
    (By Sportswriter Chen Jian)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, when i saw that barechested pic of lin, at first i was "yikes,,,oh, no", after that i was off laughing my a** on the roof becos this is NOT what i expexted when i clicked to view this thread, i dont know, i dun think im ready to see badplayers posing like that, but the other pics are great, nice with all the rackets and everything
    why do i find xie looking like hilary swank?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow...amazing...like a model... .....and also he posed with barechest.....seldom badminton players pose like that....

Probably he has a very high self confident with his great body...muscular body ....I think for a badminton player, he has a very nice body...ideal one....with strong muscle which may influence his best performance recently...

Other photos are quite nice..XXF looks very pretty LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Xie xingfang is going to shoulder a very very big responsibilty if zhang were to retire....maybe that time...she will be the lone ranger fighting against the rest of the world....

the only thing china can do at the moment is to get gong and zhou back to play for 3 or 4 years more while searching for a new player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peace
    Probably he has a very high self confident with his great body...muscular body ....I think for a badminton player, he has a very nice body...ideal one....with strong muscle which may influence his best performance recently...
    You mentioned Lin's body 3 times in that one sentence, some people might think
    you have a crush on him (or his body).

newplayer

b.t.w. somehow I thought he'd be more muscular than what he looked like in that
    picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, look...i've found some too...during the surdirman cup!

Page 1 of 108 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 51 101 ... LastLast