Problem with shoes size & hurt

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by overhead_rhythm, May 16, 2005.

1. overhead_rhythm

overhead_rhythm Regular Member

I have a problem first I bought size 42 shoes, it feel too long & slipery inside. then I bought again size 41 (26cm) it still slipery but just a little, and I bought again size 40 (25.5 cm), they fit in my feet tight, but not too tight, I still can insert my Index finger in the back, but it hurt my big toe, when I wear it I tied it quite tight. I don't know i size 40 is too small or not because it feel like it still have a little space inside. Why my big toe hurt? does it means my shoes too small? or when I wear them I tied/pull the cord too tight? or should I wear size 41 instead? the length of my feet from heel to big toe is 24.5 cm

2. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Hi, I have the same feet lenght than you. And I wear 7.5 US (size 40) for shb99 and have no problems. Mind telling what is the shoes?

3. Big Slick

Big Slick Regular Member

I'm not really sure what's causing the problem but I can give you a suggestion. I've never seen it done in badminton, but in cricket some pace bowlers make a small cut in the top of their shoe where their big toe is, which seems to prevent then from getting sore big toes. Maybe if you do this then you can wear shoes which don't feel too big on the rest of your foot and not hurt your big toe. It's not a big hole or anything, just a small slit where your toe would contact the roof of the shoe.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you need some space in your badminton shoes for your feet to move. i find that a "tight" fit is never good as you have found out.

from your description, i say stick with your size 41 shoes.

other reason for your big toes to hurt is because you have wrong lunging technique. you should always lunge with your heel landing on the ground first, many people with bad habit (including me in occasions) lands with sole flat on the ground and ends up with bruise toes for weeks afterwards.

you also mention shoes laces (cord). they should not be too tight. if you tie them too tight your will find that your feet will hurt after a game or two. they need to be appropriately tight, but not too much so.

5. overhead_rhythm

the shoe is YONEX World Champion 3 Super here is the picture

Attached Files:

6. overhead_rhythm

[QUOTE Big Slick] I'm not really sure what's causing the problem but I can give you a suggestion. I've never seen it done in badminton, but in cricket some pace bowlers make a small cut in the top of their shoe where their big toe is, which seems to prevent then from getting sore big toes. Maybe if you do this then you can wear shoes which don't feel too big on the rest of your foot and not hurt your big toe. It's not a big hole or anything, just a small slit where your toe would contact the roof of the shoe.[Big Slick]

thanks for the suggestion

I think the size 40 still have a liitle space, if I stretch / spread the toes I can feel the inside. If I wear size 41 I have to pull/tie it quite tight. Picture below is the comparison between size 40 & Size 41 to my foot:
    A = size 40
    B = size 41
    can you tell me which size is suitable by looking at the picture?

Attached Files:

• A1.JPG
      A1.JPG
      File size:
      26.3 KB
      Views:
    • A2.JPG
      A2.JPG
      File size:
      37.8 KB
      Views:
    • B1.JPG
      B1.JPG
      File size:
      33.3 KB
      Views:
    • B2.JPG
      B2.JPG
      File size:
      38.1 KB
      Views:
    #6 overhead_rhythm, May 17, 2005
    Last edited: May 17, 2005
  7. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

I think the shape of your foot cannot fit into the shoe shape. Try Mizuno Wave Smash series.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Are you flat footed? From what i can see , this shoe might not be suitable for u.

9. overhead_rhythm

No, I'm not flat footed

10. zoboz

zoboz Regular Member

Try Mizuno Wave series. I know it's a bit hard to get Mizuno in jkt. I got mine from singapore. I had the same problem as you, i have broad arc feet. Have to try many different shoes. You have to ask the shop assistant for broad shoe type but in jkt only some know this.

Why mizuno?
    Yes it is a vollyballshoes so it's perfect for badminton coz we run and jump in the courts. It's broad at the front, giving rooms for broad feet people.

11. saham

saham Regular Member

administrator
    Yeah, look like you need a wide feet kinda shoes. There are Yonex shoes which are good for wide feet players, try looking and asking them at any sports shop.

The slippery thing could be due to your socks? Are you wearing thin socks?