2 knots Single String Method..

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Z1985, May 16, 2005.

1. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    how come i don't see any1 mention it here? it seems like the 4 knots stringing method is out of date already? and i thought it is only used in Tennis nowadays?? here in SG when i string rackets they are mostly strung with 2 knots. I do stringing too with 2 knots using a single string without cutting.. hmm.. is there anyway to increase speed stringing in a 2 knots method? i usually took slightly more than 1 hrs to complete 1... approx. 40Mins for weaving(the terrible part) and 30Mins for tensioning.. :crying:

i do strung for others cuz the machine costs a bomb.. hmm. currently using Ashaway Crank Type Machine.. i don't know about the model.. i would like to hear more about the differences between a pro stringer and a non-pro 1. it seems like the racket i string tends to snap easier and yet takes a longer time to unleash the power.. sometimes it isn't even powerful.. Y? :crying:

can any kind souls enlighten me pls... thanks.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  3. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    tt's my opinion.. relax kwun.. but if u take a look @ the forum
    90% of SGrean racket is strung @ 2knots...

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    what is "SGrean racket"?

5. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    HAHA.. its Singaporean's racket..

6. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I don't think 4-knots 2-strings for bamindton racket is being out of date in Singapore. It is the preference of most stringers to string at 2-knots 1-string out of convenient if player did not instruct otherwise.
    Most of time, I instruct to my stringer to string my racket using Yonex BG66, 4 knots, II at 22 lbs and = at 24 lbs. Of course, it is my preference.

#6 leehsim, May 17, 2005
    Last edited: May 17, 2005
  7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    1-piece, 2-knots stringing was the grand daddy of stringing. It has very ancient roots. That is why stringers in Malaysia and Singapore used to know of no other way of stringing other than 2-knots. Some are still stuck in this timeframe, especially in the smaller towns. The same applies to Hong Kong, except that in Hong Kong they move with the times. Incidentally, Yonex goes only for 2-piece 4-knots stringing. But they still employ contract stringers, who use 2-knots stringing, for tournaments. Why, I really don't understand. :D