What exercises best prevent knee injuries?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by WileECoyote, May 16, 2005.

1. WileECoyote

WileECoyote Regular Member

non-professional
    What exercises best prevent injuries?

I used to have trouble with my knees until my brother recommended that I exercise my inner thigh. The problem disappeared.

Are there other areas that are prone to injury when playing badminton? What exercises deal with them?

2. archie

archie Regular Member

What kind of exercise did you do ? I may need to learn it too ...
    I have weak knees too especially if I play continuosly for 2-3 hours, the moment I stop playing and finish warm down, I can feel that the knee cap areas are hurting me ... :(
    Besides that ... i also have some back pain lately which my doc recommended me to stop playing badminton for some time ... apparently lower back pain can also lead weak knees ... how disastrous !

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    For those with weak/injured knees, it's best to exercise and strengthen the knee ligaments through dynamic and isometric exercises such as free squats (no weights) and wall-chair. Also try to avoid wearing knee braces while playing, they really weaken your knees in the long run even though they support your knees in the short term. If you can't move as fast due to knee pains, time to relax abit on the court, work in some light footwork drills and do more exercise on the knees.

Nephrus likes this.
  4. Ricardo Lopez

Ricardo Lopez Regular Member

officer
    XXF Knee Injury.....

Do you see XXF have a injury on her left knee in UC 2004.I think now,she must wear knee protector again...
    Do you have some many photo xxf in UC 2004?
    Please bring me.
    Thanks.:):)

5. SuperBird

SuperBird Regular Member

Doctor
    Check out my video, Playing without my ACL for 8 months now. But i used lots of support on my right knee. I hate wearing that heavy metal robot brace, so I used a few regular knee support with small metal frame on each side, i used about 4 of them on my right knee. So far, so good no Problem........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcE8IIo0P1w

I am the guy with blue and white and the middle of the video with knee support on the right, and jumper knee support on the left.........

I injured myself in gymnastic 20yrs ago, doctor told me I will never run again...!!!!! If there is a wILL there is a way.........

6. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Yeah and if U listen to everything the Dr tells U, u sit at home grow fat and cry. I totally agree: where there is a will there is a way.
    I however want to try those inner thighs mentionned above by Coyote.