User Tag List

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How old is she? 24?
    I really doubt she can break the chinese dominace in her playing career but Mas need her as the benchmark to boast other junior playing levels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WMC is probably the most famous female MAS player in the last 25 years... I don't know any other lady from Malaysia who is this famous...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    WMC is probably the most famous female MAS player in the last 25 years... I don't know any other lady from Malaysia who is this famous...
    Sylvia Ng and Jean Moey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pemuda View Post
    Sylvia Ng and Jean Moey
    Jean Moey, who was that??? Sylvia was famous during my time in Malaysia, and in the 70's and even then, there is no way any WS badder can out famed Choo Choo with the internet, media coverage nowadays.
    And Kwun closed the previous thread when I said Sing import...I mean Sing import players to represent Sing, not coaches as MAS, KOR did...only INA and CHN and DEN used their home breed coaches I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

huh,really arh..if it is true then good..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=
    Kwun closed the previous thread when I said Sing import...I mean Sing import players to represent Sing, not coaches as MAS, KOR did...only INA and CHN and DEN used their home breed coaches I think.[/quote]

Yep yep,
    Thats a good point. Nothing changes the fact that WMC is home grown. Although i do think that MAS ladies badminton may be better off if we imported some foreign players as sparing players and to represent MAS. Almost like the US navy having its own aggressor squardrons. Ooops out of topic sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Short Terms

Quote Originally Posted by dunker View Post
    Yep yep,
    Thats a good point. Nothing changes the fact that WMC is home grown. Although i do think that MAS ladies badminton may be better off if we imported some foreign players as sparing players and to represent MAS. Almost like the US navy having its own aggressor squardrons. Ooops out of topic sorry
    Its a good short terms move & it might improve the quality in the long term.
    But as a country with a strong tradision & long history of badminton, is hard for Msia to adopt this kinda system...
    Is like when England employ A swedish for coach "ERICSON"....
    I think is ok for spore because they dont have a strong tradiosion in this sport..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Jean Moey, who was that??? Sylvia was famous during my time in Malaysia, and in the 70's and even then, there is no way any WS badder can out famed Choo Choo with the internet, media coverage nowadays.
    And Kwun closed the previous thread when I said Sing import...I mean Sing import players to represent Sing, not coaches as MAS, KOR did...only INA and CHN and DEN used their home breed coaches I think.
    Jean Moey represented Msia in the Uber Cup and SEAP Games, Commonwealth and Asian Games .... long, long, long time ago in the 60s. There was another one, Tan Gaik Bee, she was the Msian Open winner from 61-63.

Ohhh the other thread (wonder why we cant have a healthy debate ) ... import players and not coaches, eh. Does it matter really??? I mean if one is in Singapore colours for example, then he/she is representing that country.

Take a look at France in football, when they won the world cup in 1998, some of their players are not born in France i.e. Patrick Viera, Marcel Desailly. Even the current England team has Owen Hargreaves who was born in Canada!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s1nn3r View Post
    Its a good short terms move & it might improve the quality in the long term.
    But as a country with a strong tradision & long history of badminton, is hard for Msia to adopt this kinda system...
    Is like when England employ A swedish for coach "ERICSON"....
    I think is ok for spore because they dont have a strong tradiosion in this sport..
    England has a long and strong tradition in football. But Owen Hargreaves was born in Canada . Heard of John Barnes? He has 79 England caps. And guess what? He was born in Jamaica!!

Germany, strong football nation right? Well, Gerald Asamoah was born in Ghana.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jean Moey represented Msia in the Uber Cup and SEAP Games, Commonwealth and Asian Games .... long, long, long time ago in the 60s. There was another one, Tan Gaik Bee, she was the Msian Open winner from 61-63.

Ohhh the other thread (wonder why we cant have a healthy debate ) ... import players and not coaches, eh. Does it matter really??? I mean if one is in Singapore colours for example, then he/she is representing that country.

Take a look at France in football, when they won the world cup in 1998, some of their players are not born in France i.e. Patrick Viera, Marcel Desailly. Even the current England team has Owen Hargreaves who was born in Canada!
    Agree with you on import and should be encouraged...and esp with CHN dominating women side, even if the rest of the world combined, CHN is still favored to win the Uber Cup...hey! even Li Ling Wei who is CHN rep in OLY Council encouraged 'exporting' ex-CHN players who could not make the team to play for other countries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Agree with you on import and should be encouraged...and esp with CHN dominating women side, even if the rest of the world combined, CHN is still favored to win the Uber Cup...hey! even Li Ling Wei who is CHN rep in OLY Council encouraged 'exporting' ex-CHN players who could not make the team to play for other countries.
    It is also good for the game in the long run as it will keep competition amongst the players up thus standards will go up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default France

Although france player are born else where but they grow up in France...
    But I do support the importing of chinese players to country like spore... but for the sport long term future... they must have their own foundation to produce good players thus more locals would be interested in the game!
    Instead of watching some foreign players ppl would like 2 watch the home grown talents

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by s1nn3r View Post
    Although france player are born else where but they grow up in France...
    But I do support the importing of chinese players to country like spore... but for the sport long term future... they must have their own foundation to produce good players thus more locals would be interested in the game!
    Instead of watching some foreign players ppl would like 2 watch the home grown talents
    We cannot be magnifying it like 'born else where but grew up etc etc'. Or else we may as well look at the players parents and grandparents, whether they were born in that country as well.

Why only narrow it down to countries like Singapore? If it encourage more competition then it should be for all countries.

For example the English Premier league has a worldwide following. Would it be as popular if the league is only limited to English born players?

By the way, Owen Hargreaves grew up in Canada. And Viera's childhood was in Senegal before he moved to France when he was around 14 or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example the English Premier league has a worldwide following. Would it be as popular if the league is only limited to English born players?
    i get your point but i think this example may not be the most appropriate. it'll be more like having too many non-english players playing for the english national team. the premiership is a club competition, so there's no reason why foreign players should not be allowed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz View Post
    i get your point but i think this example may not be the most appropriate. it'll be more like having too many non-english players playing for the english national team. the premiership is a club competition, so there's no reason why foreign players should not be allowed.
    We should not all get too technical to the point where we are at a point of nip-picking. Or else the English national team should be all whites i.e. pure English, no African origins etc.

Yes, the EPL is a club competition and by having foreign players it brings up the standards of the league. As such, by importing foreign players a country will only stand to benefit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mew chooooooo.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wong Mew Choo returns a shot against Xie Xingfang in the womens singles 3rd round at Putra Stadium in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast