User Tag List

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every woman have her own beauty. WMC might not be the prettiest. But i think she is good enough to get a bf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mew Choo gets help – from male doubles players

KUALA LUMPUR: The national men’s doubles players have come to the rescue of women’s singles shuttler Wong Mew Choo, who is seeking to spice up her game.
    In the last one week, Mew Choo has been sparring with some of the top men’s doubles players like Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari, Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif and Chew Choon Eng.
    National singles coach Wong Tat Meng said that the sparring sessions would benefit Mew Choo.
    “After the first two Open tournaments this year (in Malaysia and South Korea), Mew Choo showed her inability to counter certain styles of play. She needs to add more flair to her game to match some of the top guns in the world,” said Tat Meng.
    “I spoke to Rexy (Mainaky, doubles coach) and he had no qualms allowing some of his doubles players to spar with Mew Choo.
    “Players like Fairuzizuan, Zakry and Choon Eng are known for their tricky strokes.
    “And Mew Choo will get to learn how to play against shuttlers like them.
    “The sessions are short but they add depth to her training programme.”
    Mew Choo, the world number eight, is currently gearing up for the Uber Cup qualifying round, which will be held in Ho Chi Minh City from Feb 19-24.
    For the record, Mew Choo reached the semi-finals of the Malaysian Open but crashed out in the first round of the Korean Open.

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.a...391&sec=sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahha.. WMC is reli nice...wow..so surprise tat she's LCW's gf!
    hehe

she's so pretty i think..hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natzkawaii View Post
    hahha.. WMC is reli nice...wow..so surprise tat she's LCW's gf!
    hehe

she's so pretty i think..hehe
    she's ok but not as u said, so pretty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some people in Indonesia...said that she is..Susi-susanti-nya malaysia...(the best female badminton player in Malaysia..)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simonlovers View Post
    some people in Indonesia...said that she is..Susi-susanti-nya malaysia...(the best female badminton player in Malaysia..)
    i personally thinks that she is wong mew choo and not MAlaysia susi susanti..pls dont compare WMC to susi susanti..
    WMC is WMC and SUSI SUSANTI with SUSI SUSANTI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no no i think she's quite pretty...she's pretty la..esp when she uses daily clothes..hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by natzkawaii View Post
    no no i think she's quite pretty...she's pretty la..esp when she uses daily clothes..hehe
    Daily clothes or jersey will never change her face-look mah...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wmc will also skip the ina ss open.2008

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mew Choo during the Singapore Open 2008

Having recently posted pictures of other noteworthy players, I thought I should post some on Malaysia's darling, Wong Mew Choo during her Aviva Open Singapore 2008 outing.

Mew Choo (#4) managed to stave off three formidable opponents before meeting eventual winner, Tine Rasmussen of Denmark in the semi-final and lost.

Her results:

R1 - Lee Yun Hwa (KOR) 21-10, 17-21, 21-14 (52 min)
    R2 - Wang Lin (CHN) 21-12, 16-21, 21-16 (51)
    QF - Hwang Hye Youn 21-12, 21-9 (29)
    SF - Tine Rasmussen (#2) 10-21, 20-22 (35)

Tine at last captured the Singapore Open crown when she defeated Zhou Mi (#5) of Hong Kong, 21-19, 21-17 in 36 min.

When Mew Choo beat the Chinese at their own backyard last year, hopes were high that she might repeat her performance during the Beijing Olympics. Now Tine proved she could also be counted upon to challenge the China Wall.
    Let's hope both Mew Choo and Tine could peak at the right time and give the China girls a run for their money.
    Attached Images Attached Images                                                                    

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shall we merge?

Last edited by robin7; 06-24-2008 at 05:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fashionable player

Badminton and fashion go hand-in-hand for Malaysia’s No.1 female shuttler Wong Mew Choo.
    MALAYSIAN No.1 female shuttler Wong Mew Choo always knew that it was her destiny to represent the country in badminton. She also knew that if badminton didn’t work out, she would end up in the fashion and beauty industry.
    “Since I was young, I’ve always wanted to be a badminton player ? I was determined to make it. I used to follow my elder sister (Mew Kheng) to the courts all the time,” she recalls. “She was also a national player and inspired me to follow in her footsteps.

“In sports anything can happen. Injuries, for example, could end one’s career even before it’s started. So, had I not made the grade as a national badminton player, I probably would have started my own business as a beautician or done something in the fashion industry.” Whenever there is some time to spare in between competitions and training, Wong, who admits to being a fashion buff and a shop-a-holic, would indulge in her favourite pastime.
    “I love to dress up and accessorise. My favourite brands are Armani and Gucci,” says Wong, the youngest of four siblings.
    “I love shopping but due to my hectic badminton schedule, I don’t really have much time for it. I try to sneak away once in a while and am quite capable of blowing a tidy sum on one shopping spree,” she adds with a giggle.
    “I’m not frivolous with my money but if I can indulge once in a while, I will. After all, all work and no play makes for a dull life!” says the 2007 China Open champion. “Armani jeans, and Gucci shoes and handbags are just two of the items I always look out for.”
    What about her regular outfits used in competitions all over the world?
    “Well, over the years, I’ve gotten used to them ? it’s like our uniform and I suppose it’s comfortable to play in. But I hope there will be some changes in the future.”
    The 25-year-old, who is in a relationship with men’s number one shuttler Lee Chong Wei, also revealed how they first got together.
    “Although we were both born in Ipoh and badminton players, we hardly knew each other while growing up,” comments Wong on their eight-year-old courtship.
    “I can’t quite remember the first time we met but it certainly wasn’t love at first sight. Our mutual friends used to tease us as they said we had a lot in common, but we shrugged off the comments.
    “It was only after we had been called up for the national junior team and began training together that we developed feelings.”
    Malaysia’s golden couple will compete in the Olympic Games next month, with Lee being one of the gold medal favourites and Wong labeled the dark horse.
    “My chances of winning a medal are not as bright as Chong Wei but I will strive to earn a medal even though it is going to be difficult,” she says. “But I have to try my very best, which I do in every tournament that I compete in. There is always a chance, as long as you fight to the end. That’s sports. If all goes well, it would be great if both of us could return with medals.”
    Credits:

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/stor...&sec=lifefocus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ello..i'm badminton fans here!..u r lee chong wei's cousin?..can i have more info n pic of chong wei n mew choo?..pls n thanks alot!.. do u have msn?..or can i have ur msn email address?..so tat we can chat at thr!..reply ASAP pls thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

malaysian athlete outfits are very boring hope they'll change...I've seen WMC wearing the same thing over and over again....our outfits are too conservative....something like the japanese would be nicer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ** View Post
    malaysian athlete outfits are very boring hope they'll change...I've seen WMC wearing the same thing over and over again....our outfits are too conservative....something like the japanese would be nicer...
    I think their outfits are not very important. What's important is their performances.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nhmys91 View Post
    I think their outfits are not very important. What's important is their performances.
    yeah..totally agree with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nhmys91 View Post
    appearence would in help the badminton sport in some way ...
    althought performance is crucial too

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast